Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 11 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 34000 times)

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
OMG! Are they dropping from the sky to the Finish Line! WHAT?! That is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

:umn:  :colors  :wohoo:
I hope it is because that would be such an amazing finish!

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
OMG! Are they dropping from the sky to the Finish Line! WHAT?! That is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

That!

BUT... It means that whoever is first at that point wins. No racing to the mat ;/

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly

It could be sky diving, para gliding, or something involving landing at the stadium. Which would help explain why teams weren't seen that night. (And although those activities are frowned upon at night by the FAA. Maybe being shot out of a cannon instead?
-- theschnauzers

MrDeerShank

You could see somebody jumping out of a helicopter in the preview

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

It could be sky diving, para gliding, or something involving landing at the stadium. Which would help explain why teams weren't seen that night. (And although those activities are frowned upon at night by the FAA. Maybe being shot out of a cannon instead?

Either way, it's gonna be freaking beautiful in HD <3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
LEG 11 (Spain --> England/Wales, UK) EPISODE ANALYSIS:
This episode was a sharp shooter for sure as it brought teams to their knees to complete a task... Rachel Reilly. From memorization to accuracy, to navigation to READING YOUR CLUE, this is one of the best penultimate Legs in the modern, local music era of TAR. The soccer free kicks were a correct form of a miscellaneous task as it wasn't extremely mind-boggling or physically demanding. I especially enjoyed seeing the Welsh side of the United Kingdom even though it was only for one task. Overall, this was a pretty cool episode.

ROADBLOCK: (Who's ready to say llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?)
I felt this Roadblock was pretty challenging for the teams as the Welsh pronunciation is very tough to master, nearly as tough as Arabic or Chinese. The one flaw I could say I didn't like is how the teams could stay on the pronunciation pathway near the linguist to recall their memory; the single boat ride towards the linguist would just become unnecessary. Other than that, I really liked the emphasis Jamal put into his pronunciations, but that's just him, not much excitement went on with the task itself.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 7/10

DETOUR: (Shoot It or Boot It)
The final task before the Las Vegas finale were pretty good for a straightforward season. In Shoot It, teams had to explode 16 clay birds. Easier said than done, but there was no running action at all, just stand and aim. I'd expect better tasks after 23 seasons of TAR. In Boot It, teams had to throw a size 9 or 11 pair of boots across a certain long distance to receive the next clue. I really enjoyed seeing Brenchel as the only team to perform this task as there was running, tossing, and possible mistakes involved with shoe size and task longevity.
DETOUR SCORE: 8/10

OTHER SCORES:
LEG DIFFICULTY: 7.5/10
TEAM DRAMA: 7/10
JAMAL'S EMPHASIZING ON THE WELSH POEM: 9/10
RACHEL R. AND RACHEL V. FINALLY HAVING A BREAKDOWN: 1/10
OVERALL SCORE: 8/10
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It sucked that no one did Boot It other than Brenchel :P

Boot It was kinda more fun to watch.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
Just realised - If Carol&Jen win we will have all "all stars" seasons won by the team that never won a leg...

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It sucked that no one did Boot It other than Brenchel :P

Boot It was kinda more fun to watch.
I wish they made Boot It a Roadblock though, that would really get people all up in their own grill.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just realised - If Carol&Jen win we will have all "all stars" seasons won by the team that never won a leg...
Didn't Eric & Danielle (mostly Danielle) technically do that? I mean, they were never an original team in the "first place", thus not winning a single Leg together until their finale in Honolulu & SanFran.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Didn't Eric & Danielle (mostly Danielle) technically do that? I mean, they were never an original team in the "first place", thus not winning a single Leg together until their finale in Honolulu & SanFran.
Very true. I hope that Country DOESN'T WIN.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Poor Leo and Jamal. With all the self driving, they could have probably beaten the Cowboys by a day, if they had eliminated Brenchel in Sevilla.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep

runningblind meant that every returning racers season had someone who did not win any legs but the final one.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Let me do a huge barf for Old and Connor winning a leg and looking terribly upset.

Thank goodness I'm not entirely addicted to this season, otherwise I'll probably punch a hole in my computer if they win this season.. And it seems so.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Poor girls for going wrong direction to the Pitstop. They did a wonderful leg.

And I love the Finish line next week. Sky diving <3

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
Yo! Just watch the episode, son!!!!
And I say boo hoo!!! Boring!!!!
Except for the part when Brenchel led the Afghanimals ashtray  :funny:
Lmao!! Good one, The BrenchelSSS!!!

The blondes messed up yet again, another first place
Oy! Ain't that something new eh?
If they don't win the final leg then  :groan:
They're leaving with zero money and a bunch of haters
Enjoy that, Son!!!

Accidental alliance was officially a BIG FAILURE
 :wohoo:
Their goal was to send the BrenchelSSS home before the finale
And Brenchel was still around
Also, they won't be on the sidelines watching the final 3 finish,
They will finish the race themselves, AGAIN!!!!
 :yess:

I am so happy that prior to the season I said I would probably root for Brenchel only bcause the other teams were all messedup, and apparently, I wasn't entirely wrong

Btw
Jennifer (of the Blondes) just recently was in a twitter war with some of her haters for a while, yet she responded to all of her supporters that she's "ignoring" the haters.  :funny:
Jen, define "IGNORE"!!!!

Rachel was probably watching that while sipping her drink smirking lol!!! I know I do.
Ooh also, someone who said Rachel needs to be helped with physical challenges is probably headless lol, Jen!!!

Edited to remove vulgar language

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:14:17 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
Oou btw, Connor has done the last three RB so far
That sums him up to 7
And Dave was still at what, like 4???

Dave was supposed to do that last RB
Connor already hit his limit.
They should be penalized
If he said it was because his age that he had this benefit...
I swear to God I will rip his head off and send it back to the 1800s when he was still "not-old"

So what, If there's a double RB in the finale then Connor would be at 8
Is that even fair?
Anyone venture to explain???
It's the end of leg 11 what kinda player still has his RB count at 4????

Edited for vulgar language
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:06:09 AM by TexasLady »

MrDeerShank

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Note: This is a hate letter. You can not read it because I will probably cause some irritation among this forum's netizens.

It was a great episode. I was anxious, stressed, and on the edge of my seat for the most part. I'm just so ... so ... MAD that Dave & Connor won another leg! And steal it from Caroline & Jennifer no less! By GOD I hate Dave & Connor so much. Dave & Connor's edit is basically the following:

* They both survived cancer
* Dave tore his achilles (both score pity points early on, but it gets old FAST. And speaking of old...)
* Dave is sooooOOOOOOooooo old :res:
* Dave is doing it for Connor (c'mon, no one is buying that anymore :res: )
* Dave & Connor's hatred for Brendon & Rachel

If they were fake TV characters, I'd be wondering why the writers haven't put them on a plane and crash it into the Andes (unless they were the primary antagonists, of course). Also WHY THE F****NG HELL were Dave & Connor not penalized for not being even a bit CLOSE to being even at the RB count! Is CBS actually conspiring to let the season's villains win it for the first time!?

I REALLY REALLY hope that either Caroline & Jennifer (prefered) or Brendon & Rachel (just as good) would win! :hoot: By the way... how credible is the spoiler from the other site that says you-know-who won? Is it basically guaranteed?
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Note: This is a hate letter. You can not read it because I will probably cause some irritation among this forum's netizens.

It was a great episode. I was anxious, stressed, and on the edge of my seat for the most part. I'm just so ... so ... MAD that Dave & Connor won another leg! And steal it from Caroline & Jennifer no less! By GOD I hate Dave & Connor so much. Dave & Connor's edit is basically the following:

* Dave tore his achilles (both score pity points early on, but it gets old FAST. And speaking of old...)

If they were fake TV characters, I'd be wondering why the writers haven't put them on a plane and crash it into the Andes (unless they were the primary antagonists, of course). Also WHY THE F****NG HELL were Dave & Connor not penalized for not being even a bit CLOSE to being even at the RB count! Is CBS actually conspiring to let the season's villains win it for the first time!?

I REALLY REALLY hope that either Caroline & Jennifer (prefered) or Brendon & Rachel (just as good) would win! :hoot: By the way... how credible is the spoiler from the other site that says you-know-who won? Is it basically guaranteed?

I actually think that the editors intended for Cancer to be the Heroes and Brenchel to be the Villians but unfortunately it backfired badly. Like I didn't think I'd see the majority of the casuals turn on Cancer and sympathize with Brenchel.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Oou btw, Connor has done the last three RB so far
That sums him up to 7
And Dave was still at what, like 4???

Dave was supposed to do that last RB
Connor already hit his limit.
They should be penalized
If he said it was because his age that he had this benefit...
I swear to God I will rip his  head off and send it back to the 1800s when he was still "not-old"

So what, If there's a double RB in the finale then Connor would be at 8
Is that even fair?
Anyone venture to explain???
It's the end of leg 11 what kinda player still has his RB count at 4????
Why should they get penalized? If Connor already hit the limit of RB count, the production team should add the line: Dave must do this RB for that Poem RB. If not, they can do whatever they want.
So sorry but they did not say any thing about the age for the reason why Dave did not do that poem RB. They decided that Connor should did it because at that moment, they were the last place and they thought that Connor would do it better.
You guys need to blame the production team, don't you?
I agreed that Dave talked about his age too much but they actually did not get any benefit from that.
And for people saying they stole the first place from the country girls, it is not the footrace and they did not do any dirty move. It is not their fault for Carojen going to the wrong direction.

(Don't quote vulgar language!)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:11:24 AM by TexasLady »

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
How are the casuals faring by the way? I really don't visit the Facebook page because I don't want to be spoiled as to what happened during the episode (I even avoid Facebook until I watch the episode itself).
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
Why should they get penalized?

They should get penalized because it's against the rules.Yes, It wasn't explicitly stated on the clue, but it's always been the rules. One team member can't perform more than 6 RB unless both already hit 6 and there's another RB to be encountered. Everybody knows that.

Why now that Dave and Connor were at this particular counts and the conditional warning on the clue just suddenly disappeared? Why, the previous 3 seasons ALWAYS had this warning, but now with Dave and Connor, it's just ... puff! Gone!

Marie from last season had to perform the last 2 RB prior to the finale leg because she forced Tim to hit his limit in Leg 9. And guess what? That limit was 6. Same case for Mona and Beth. Why now Dave and Connor just magically escaped this mandatory consequence? Does production change the rule and add the limit? Because that's the only reason I can come up with.

I mostly blame the production on this one. But again, us fans can't speak much when it comes to production. It's their "business" after all. Maybe they "forgot".

as for Dave and Connor, I know the clue doesn't say it but would you just finally be a good sport for 1 sec and do the RB? I bet they both knew Dave must perform the RB, but because the clue didn't spefically stated it, they played dumb and thought "okay,Connor! You can do this one".

Seriously, man! you were at 4. Leg eleven is over and you were at 4!!! Wynona, was at 4, for crying out loud!!! Suck it up a little!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
... we do not know whether the rules have changed. They haven't mentioned it since god knows when.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!

LMAO!!

-This is Dave and Connor, who cried like a little baby until John and Jessica handed them the 2nd Express Pass
-This is Dave and Connor, who cheated off Pam and Winnie on that RoadBlock in Bali after Winnie specifically told him she did not want to share.
-This is Dave and Connor, who were utterly disappointed after finally one team, named Brendon and Rachel, refused to help them on the race course, twice!
- This is Dave and Connor, who got bitterly upset after being owned by Brendon and Rachel with a U-turn.
- This is Dave and Connor, who bitched about the U-turn being utilized yet utilized one themselves
- This is Dave and Connor, who were scared like two little girls to U-turn the cowboys right in front of their faces
- This is Dave and Connor, who immediately formed a bond with the Afghanimals right after they U-turned them, scared like **** The Afghanimals would be after them next
- This is Dave and Connor, who co-founded the not-so-popular Accidental Alliance that failed miserably on their one and only mission
- This is Dave and Connor, who are terrified to face Rachel and her massive fan base  after everything they said regarding Rachel's appearances
- This is Dave and Connor, who retweeted an apology to Brendon and Rachel courtesy of Caroline, one of the country singers

Look buddy, I don't want to disappoint youm but that ship has sailed
 :)