Author Topic: TAR - The Forgotten Teams  (Read 8415 times)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
TAR - The Forgotten Teams
« on: May 10, 2014, 11:40:30 AM »
OK, so I was just thinking about past Seasons and all the great, popular teams that have rose to fame among the fans from running the race, and it got me thinking, what about all those unfortunate teams that have been forgotten over the years.

When I say Forgotten, I mean teams that are very rarely mentioned among us fans or within the threads on RFF or even on Sucks.
These may be teams that you loved and people just don't remember them, or teams that you feel deserve more recognition then they get.

For example -
Duke & Lauren from S10 were my favourite team from the whole Season, and did incredible on their first 2 Legs, coming 2nd & 3rd.  But with one minor mistake on Leg 3, (If I recall, choosing the wrong detour, its been a while since I watched the Season) it did them in and that was the end of them.
I honestly thought they could have went a really long way, and deserve much more recognition but it just wasn't to be.  :'(

So, my question is simply, which other teams do you feel fall into this category?  :)
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR - The Forgotten Teams
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »
Monique and Shawn. I really loved them for some weird reason on TAR16. :P

MrDeerShank

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 12:03:08 PM »
Anthony and Stephanie (if that's even their names...)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 12:08:14 PM »
Avi & Joe, from TAR6.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:46:45 PM »
Monique and Shawn. I really loved them for some weird reason on TAR16. :P

<33333333 such goddesses getting in 2nd place in leg 01. I thought they were going to go really far.

I had some Monica & Sheree vibes from them.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 01:04:57 PM »
John and Scott aka Stekay's fav team  :funny:

Such superstars!

Show content

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 06:50:45 AM »
Amanda & Chris TAR 4.

From 1st to 11th  :res:
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 09:24:52 AM »
From most recent seasons.. I don't think anyone remembers Ron and Bill.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 10:07:19 AM »
Another team I think could have been great were Ron & Tony.
1st to the Airport, 1st on Flight 1, 2nd out of Heathrow, Got Lost ................. Eliminated!  :groan:

I thought they showed true potential during the first half of the Leg.  Pity that was all it was for, half an episode.  :res:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 10:12:27 AM »
All the grandmother and grandfather teams deserve a round of applause, they'll always have a special place in my TAR heart! Dave & Margaretta (We'll always remember you, Margaretta), Peggy & Claire, Don & Mary Jean, Nicolas & Donald, :hrt: Jody & Shannon :hrt:, and Bill & Cathi!

Speaking slightly about Peggy Kuhn from TAR2, could she be related as the wife of Kenny Kuhn, a former MLB infielder in the 50s? K. Kuhn moved to Truckee, CA in 1999 and had a wife named, you guessed it, PEGGY. Peggy also resides in Truckee as stated in her TAR bio. K. Kuhn was 73 when he passed away in 2010 (R.I.P. :( ) while in Utah so in 2002, inferring he still resided in Truckee at that time, he would be 65 or 66. Peggy is close to his age at 63 when she was first aired with Claire on the Race. The coincidences of age, name and a small town location near Lake Tahoe are too ironic to be called irrelevant. Is it possible?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
All the grandmother and grandfather teams deserve a round of applause, they'll always have a special place in my TAR heart! Dave & Margaretta (We'll always remember you, Margaretta), Peggy & Claire, Don & Mary Jean, Nicolas & Donald, :hrt: Jody & Shannon :hrt:, and Bill & Cathi!

Speaking slightly about Peggy Kuhn from TAR2, could she be related as the wife of Kenny Kuhn, a former MLB infielder in the 50s? K. Kuhn moved to Truckee, CA in 1999 and had a wife named, you guessed it, PEGGY. Peggy also resides in Truckee as stated in her TAR bio. K. Kuhn was 73 when he passed away in 2010 (R.I.P. :( ) while in Utah so in 2002, inferring he still resided in Truckee at that time, he would be 65 or 66. Peggy is close to his age at 63 when she was first aired with Claire on the Race. The coincidences of age, name and a small town location near Lake Tahoe are too ironic to be called irrelevant. Is it possible?

Woooohooooo! All the older teams have a special place in my heart too!  :conf:
But you forgot about Fran & Barry.  :o  Shame on you Rachel :naughty: :lol:

As for your theory with Peggy, I don't know who Kenny Kuhn is so I'm somewhat useless when it comes to this. Sorry  :(

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 12:29:42 PM »

As for your theory with Peggy, I don't know who Kenny Kuhn is so I'm somewhat useless when it comes to this. Sorry  :(
Fran & Barry are in my astronomical all-stars group after winning their unexpected 1st place, riding a Mercedes-Benz in an almost vertical velocity, perfectly taking out the rear window from their self-drive car, and walking pass a clue box within hands' reach. ;) 

I love how they are young at heart.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 01:18:01 PM »

Fran & Barry are in my astronomical all-stars group after winning their unexpected 1st place, riding a Mercedes-Benz in an almost vertical velocity, perfectly taking out the rear window from their self-drive car, and walking pass a clue box within hands' reach. ;) 

I love how they are young at heart.

Fran & Barry = :luvya:  :hearts:  :hrt:

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 02:00:05 PM »
Meredith & Maria from season 6
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 10:42:13 AM »
Tramel & Talicia from TAR 3,they were one of the most entertaining teams to go out fast :'(

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 11:30:41 AM »
Tramel & Talicia from TAR 3,they were one of the most entertaining teams to go out fast :'(

OMG! I Loved them and they truely are a Forgotten Team because I never even thought of them!  :'(

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »
We number 10! We number 10! :hearts:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »

There is no way I would forget TnT

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 02:21:26 PM »
I've always liked rooting for the older teams, and there's been some lesser-mentioned good ones: Meredith & Gretchen, Fran & Barry, etc. One of my favourite all-time teams is the Bowling Moms from Season 5, Linda & Karen. They were pretty entertaining, plus I myself was in a bowling league for about 10 years. Would have made final 3 if the last Roadblock hadn't worn her out.

I also liked Hayden & Aaron of Season 6, a strong team who again came in 4th thanks to one of the most unfair Roadblocks in Amazing Race history (the love locks in China, Season 21 did kind of a rehash of it but not enough to call it a Switchback), and then Aaron proposes to her on the mat.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:25:58 PM by Maanca »

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 12:56:45 PM »
Lena and Kristy From Tar 6.. they were a strong all female team deafted by the evil hay bales. i loved that they got a shot out in s16 (the first ever switchback) but other than that no1 knows who they are but super fans u just hear evil hay bales but yet u never hear their name. also got to the RB i belive in 2nd... and spent ove 8hrs on it.. such determination...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »
Brad and Victoria
Chester and Ephraim
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 01:28:28 PM »
Season 17: Katie & Rachel
Season 19: Jeremy & Sandy, Justin & Jennifer (I was thinking about TAR 19 the other day and I did not remember this team when I counted up the teams for some reason!!)
Season 20: Kerri & Stacy

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 01:55:36 PM »
Anita and Arthur, from TAR13.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 05:40:41 PM »
Season 19: Jeremy & Sandy, Justin & Jennifer (I was thinking about TAR 19 the other day and I did not remember this team when I counted up the teams for some reason!!)

JJ are actually the most goddess so <3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 07:04:09 PM »

JJ are actually the most goddess so <3
I feel bad for Kerri & Stacy since they had the worst edit out of any teams of TAR. The editors didn't show their true sassy spirits, how they were capable of changing a flat tire (that mainly caused them to bump down from the first arriving flight in Salta to the second), and their unaired drama between the anger-issued soccer twinnies (Elliot & Andrew), and "Varalphasaurus" (Vanessa & Ralph).

:hearts:EXCLUSIVE KERCY CLIPS: :hearts:
<a href="http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=P-3fzcV3U7M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=P-3fzcV3U7M</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEjNbeb6G5M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEjNbeb6G5M</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBPMbroATfk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBPMbroATfk</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYVDZTdt3n0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYVDZTdt3n0</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L1xejmYY50" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L1xejmYY50</a>
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:51:38 PM by RachelLeVega »