Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 4 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 4) News, Media & LIVE Sightings *spoilers*  (Read 88482 times)

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
Leg 1 was conducted in Jerusalem and included several major monuments of the city and the pit stop was the city of david.

In an article by Moshe Gilad published on May 20, 2014, http://www.haaretz.com/travel-in-israel/.premium-1.591342 a picture was included

and the statement "We walk westward from the Zion Gate, close to the outside wall, until we reach its southwest corner. …. The wall turns northward here, toward Jaffa Gate and the Tower of David, but the promenade is blocked and two police officers in uniform tell us that we cannot pass because an episode for the television program Hamerotz Lamillion (Israel’s version of “The Amazing Race”) is being filmed there. A red plastic ribbon and several blue metal barriers make it clear to us that we need a change in plans. "

Since my hebrew is still very basic I can only compare the wall structure to scences from episode 1.
I guess this roadblock is what made Moshe Gilad change his plans :).

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Woww.....!

I'm not going to say who it was, but the eliminated team in episode 1 just ran the SHORTEST Amazing Race of all time. Yes, even shorter than Eric & Lisa, and no there wasn't a start line elimination.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
There are to be NO link discussions in this thread or by PM. See the updated request site please.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
The third leg of TARI4 will be held in a new race destination- Tbilisi, Georgia :hrt:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:14:55 PM by retard boi »

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
The seoned leg contained the remaining seven teams and was mostly navigation based. The leg started in the southern galilee and ended in the momshava football  stadium of Petach Tikva. The leg ended with the suprising win of the mom & son team.

Placing:
1.Yafa & Boaz
2.Gal & Liel
3.Uriel & Tom
4.Yael & Roni
5.Raz & Alexa
6.Shay & Adi
7.Tzuki & Chuti in a very sad night time elimination

The next race destination was revealed in the end of the leg as Tbilisi, Georgia

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Wikipedia's always slow with TAR Israel, does anyone think they can help out with the 'contestants' page? (Full names/ages/hometowns)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
So are Legs split over 2 75-90 minute episodes?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
So are Legs split over 2 75-90 minute episodes?

Season 1 had legs over 2 episodes,
Season 2 has legs over 2-3 episodes,
Season 3 has legs over 3-4 episodes

Could be anything they want to do, honestly.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
comment not allowed
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 07:44:15 PM by georgiapeach »
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
One episode of TAR Israel 4 has as many confessionals as half a season of American TAR  :funny:
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
DELETED! FOLKS, see the links thread  :waves:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 02:00:13 PM by georgiapeach »
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
SPOILER ALERT Ep.04

Physical combat roadblock ... a bit more intense than the chocolate pool wrestling from Season 2.

Lots of tears and frustration, racers feeling akward and bad about the roadblock ...

Pleading looks and sobbing as the girls are facing their next opponents -  the hulky twins ...

- but also lots of beautiful and touching moments (I won´t spoil too much).

Lots of emotions - total emotional rollercoaster :iok - so I guess that makes it good reality tv.

I wonder why they don´t do physical combat roadblocks on TAR USA. Imagine one of the candy scientists trying to take down Jim in the ring :funny:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:14:37 PM by bavariankid »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
I had a lot of difficulty tracking the Tbilisi locations on Google Earth, so any assistance is appreciated.

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
Some food items the racers encounter in Georgia:

Selling sausage-shaped candies called Churchkhela to random people on the street.

The main ingredients are grape must, nuts and flour. Almonds, walnuts, hazel nuts and sometimes raisins are threaded onto a string, dipped in thickened grape juice or fruit juices and dried in the shape of a sausage, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchkhela. The preparation process looks very tasty http://globaltableadventure.com/2011/04/21/natural-grape-walnut-candy-churchkella-from-the-caucasus/. Comparison pic in high quality is from http://progresstour.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/churchkhela.jpg

Eating Khinkali as a punishment when they fail to repeat a phrase in the local language without a mistake.

According to wikipedia,"The top, where the pleats meet, is tough, and is not supposed to be eaten, but discarded to the plate so that those eating can count how many they have consumed. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khinkali.
I guess nobody told the racers  :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Reminder to everyone:

NO unofficial links unauthorized by the show itself can be shared here. That means no YouTubes or Vimeo 's unless they are presented by the show. So please do not ask for such links or share such links here.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
Episode 6 just went up on YouTube (official link authorized by reshet :)):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCRSHXCrYq8&list=PL_1-UCaJYA3CCeyh16Xg2Kwu4BPQo4B3Q

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
In this episode, Vova & Ala meet an alien while waiting at a traffic light.

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
In this episode, Vova & Ala meet an alien while waiting at a traffic light.

:funny:

Which one of the racers will consent to get their tooth pulled from the root to get that all important next clue ?  :wohoo:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
wtf TARIsrael

tooth pulling?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
wtf TARIsrael

tooth pulling?

Just kidding  :). Racers experienced just a (weird) mindgame involving a playful dentist, desinfectants, dentists tools and a bowl with suspicious red fluid and teeth.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Sorry but I do NOT like that at all! I didn't even like when the FF was a tattoo....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Sorry but I do NOT like that at all! I didn't even like when the FF was a tattoo....

agreed
I wouldn't want to have some dentist mind game if I was on TAR...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think this is amazing. Adds a total new dimension. If TARI was understandable for me I think I'd rate it pretty darn high.

As for innovation they are above TARUS imo

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
The dentistry task, for those wondering, was all an attempt to frighten the racers. They filled out a real-looking medical questionnaire, sat down in the dentist chairs with the (possibly fake) teeth and blood next to them, watched as the very stoic nurse and dentist came in and put down scary looking tools, and had the dentists put tissues and gel in their mouths. After stewing in their nerves for a few minutes, the dentist came back out laughing and presented teams with a fake gold tooth (which they could wear over one of their real ones) and their next clue.

Shani had the best reaction, I think.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
I am from Tbilisi. I just saw that they were here if i can help you with locations or something ask me :)