Author Topic: Most universally liked and disliked AR teams  (Read 4524 times)

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
Most universally liked and disliked AR teams
« on: May 07, 2014, 04:00:12 AM »
In your opinion, which Amazing Race team is the most universally liked and which is the most universally disliked?

EDIT: On that note, which team is the most polarising (both liked and disliked by a large number of fans/viewers)?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:17:22 AM by APABLD »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Most universally liked and disliked AR teams
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:19:18 AM »
Right now, I would say Dave & Connor :lol:

Even the FB fans hate them as well as the true fans of TAR. Some people like them, but then again, I feel like there's no such thing as "Universally Disliked". Every team has a fan of them somewhere. :)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 07:35:26 AM »
BQs are liked by everyone or nearly everyone definitely, Jon & Vic are on the opposite end of the scale (dwi Puppet/racer)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 09:54:34 AM »
There are a lot of people who disliked the BQs... I think Kris and Jon would be a better candidate for most universally like because people either love them or think they are dull, but won't dislike them. :funny:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 10:04:21 AM »
There are a lot of people who disliked the BQs.

? I mean, I get thinking that they are overrated, because they are and were outshone by Bama/Schmirna on their respective seasons, but why would you dislike them? :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »
There are a lot of Bama fans who disliked BQ's for playing the "dirty" card of using the Yield. And in Allstars some of them disliked BQ's for paying Oswald and Danny to Yield Eric and Danielle.

Over the years I've grown to accept that it's part of the game and BQ's are VERY endurable in fact, plus fun to watch. (Used to slant towards not liking them) But I still *think* there are quite a number of people out there who doesn't like the "solo" game they play on TAR 10 (Tyler and James fans) and a little underhand game they played in Allstars. ;)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 07:00:50 PM »
Brooke and claire
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »
:hoot: LIKED: According to Facebook, Jet & Cord are the nicest and most genuine duo anyone has seen on TV. After Sunday night, one-fourth of their ignoramus pea-sized brains vowed to never watch TAR ever again (not even TAR25) after their elimination and potentially rigging this season for the country girls to win. I bet not. Coming in a close second, Kris & Jon have been very liked in the earlier TAR spectrum as they became one of the most lovable dating couples ever who ran their own race and did it by being their true selves. Nat & Kat are a close third as the doctors did every task with integrity for the race, respect for everyone, and used the U-Turn in a strategic way (while also eliminating a team people felt negative vibes from). I would consider Brook & Claire as one of my inner TAR top three, but universally? Ehh... Brook has received the terrible b!tch backlash by people who have only seen their viral watermelon smash on YouTube.

:groan: DESPISED: There's no doubt Jonathan & Victoria would fall into this category as number one, so I'm just ending their moments on this period. Dave & Connor have slid into third base with this title as their petty comments on Brendon & Rachel's U-Turn and Dave's excuses of being gray-haired annoyed viewers. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if someone on Facebook prays to God in hopes of Dave breaking his tendon permanently. (Gosh, the TAR Facebook page is like a zoo!) Dropping to third base, I don't think anybody could tolerate Art & JJ for trying to be the most intimidating and douche team ever. They're attitudes and confrontation at Nary & Jamie were really uncalled for.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 08:37:11 AM »
:hoot: LIKED: According to Facebook, Jet & Cord are the nicest and most genuine duo anyone has seen on TV. After Sunday night, one-fourth of their ignoramus pea-sized brains vowed to never watch TAR ever again (not even TAR25) after their elimination and potentially rigging this season for the country girls to win.

Yes buuut they have a tremendous anti-fanbase here and on sucks.

DESPISED: There's no doubt Jonathan & Victoria would fall into this category as number one, so I'm just ending their moments on this period. Dave & Connor have slid into third base with this title as their petty comments on Brendon & Rachel's U-Turn and Dave's excuses of being gray-haired annoyed viewers.

Apparently they still have fans?!?!?!?!?

Dropping to third base, I don't think anybody could tolerate Art & JJ for trying to be the most intimidating and douche team ever. They're attitudes and confrontation at Nary & Jamie were really uncalled for.

BPA were widely liked iirc for hating on Brenchel v1.0.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 08:54:18 AM »
 :hearts: LIKE : 1st. Nat & Kat 2nd. Brook & Claire 3rd. Gary & Mallory 4. Maria & Tiffany 5. Jaime & Cara 6. Dustin & Kandice 7. Oswald & Danny 8. Jet & Cord 9. Kris & Jon 10. Nicky & Kim 11. Linda & Karen 12. Colin & Christie

(:;) HATE : 1st. Jonathan & Victoria 2nd. Brendon & Rachel 3rd. Dave & Connor 4. Flight Time & Big Easy 5. Brent & Caite 6. Eric & Danielle 7. Jill & Thomas 8. Nick & Vicki 9. Art & JJ 10. Brandon & Nicole 11. Ron & Kelly 12. Freddy & Kendra
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
Based on TARs facebook page, Jet and Cord have to be up there with the most liked. I too am a big fan (The Terror, The Terror). Is it worth me asking why they are so hated by so many on this community, but are liked by everyone else?
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 09:59:34 AM »
Based on TARs facebook page, Jet and Cord have to be up there with the most liked. I too am a big fan (The Terror, The Terror). Is it worth me asking why they are so hated by so many on this community, but are liked by everyone else?

-Homophobic
-Boring
-Annoying
-Overrated
-Self-Entitled
-****ty Racers who think they are good
-Horrible Fanbase
et cetera

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 12:13:06 PM »
Fans who don't read RFF and don't know what they said about Dan and Jordan. :funny:

i really don't know how much of a tar fan can you call yourself if you don't post on ANY tar forums.. but that's just my opinion.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 05:12:14 PM »
I am an avid race fan and I like Jet & Cord, they have integrity. They speak out
on what they believe, despite the unpopularity that comes. They are my favorite
all time team. They are solid but not fantastic racers.
Brooke & Claire were so cute and likeable, who could dislike them?
One of my other favorite teams is Danny & Oswald.
Most disliked are Jon & Victoria, Eric & Danielle, perhaps Colin & Christie, though I
would like to see them race again.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »
I don't believe myself to be a Facebook fan, and just like Couch, I love the Cowboys.
I don't know why, but I just think there's something awesome about watching 2 guys in Cowboy hats running round the streets with people watching them wondering what's going on.  :funny:

On a universally liked note, I would say Uchenna & Joyce maybe?
I haven't really many talk about them, and I can't see a reason to dislike them.  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 10:54:28 PM »
:hearts: LIKE : 1st. Nat & Kat 2nd. Brook & Claire 3rd. Gary & Mallory 4. Maria & Tiffany 5. Jaime & Cara 6. Dustin & Kandice 7. Oswald & Danny 8. Jet & Cord 9. Kris & Jon 10. Nicky & Kim 11. Linda & Karen 12. Colin & Christie

(:;) HATE : 1st. Jonathan & Victoria 2nd. Brendon & Rachel 3rd. Dave & Connor 4. Flight Time & Big Easy 5. Brent & Caite 6. Eric & Danielle 7. Jill & Thomas 8. Nick & Vicki 9. Art & JJ 10. Brandon & Nicole 11. Ron & Kelly 12. Freddy & Kendra
Don't understand why the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders are on the "liked" list. Cara is an awesome race companion, but many people couldn't tolerate Jaime's bitterness and attitude at almost everything in TAR14.

The Globetrotters are pretty well-liked on Facebook and Instagram since they were nothing but competitively nice guys, I don't understand how Carol & Brandy are less hated than them.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 10:58:16 PM »

Don't understand why the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders are on the "liked" list. Cara is an awesome race companion, but many people couldn't tolerate Jaime's bitterness and attitude at almost everything in TAR14.

The Globetrotters are pretty well-liked on Facebook and Instagram since they were nothing but competitively nice guys, I don't understand how Carol & Brandy are less hated than them.

I always favor female teams, since F/F team winning and Final 3 is rare. In US Version.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies