Author Topic: Run out of countries?  (Read 21673 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Run out of countries?
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2015, 02:16:58 PM »
^Ok, interesting to know! Last time I watched tv show from Burma it was filmed secretly #im_old

But Pekin Express and foreign TAR versions seem to be anyway much more open-minded in their destinations (Burma, Israel, Bosnia, Cuba) which I would like to see more in US version!

Also Venezuela and Curacao on TAR Latin America, Georgia (the country, not the state) on the last TAR Israel.

A lot of that has to do with other nationalities being more welcome in those countries than Americans, not necessarily that they don't want to go there.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2015, 02:55:23 PM »
Georgia was my favourite country that hasn't been visited by TAR US. It was absolutely amazing!!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2015, 02:56:45 PM »
Venezuela and Colombia! We need visits.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »
Someone (Peach ???) told me that it would be rather impossible for the US version of TAR to visit Venezuela. :(

I'd love to see Latvia! I have been to Riga (the capital) several times and it is pretty reminiscent of Lithuania (the language as well), so to me it would basically feel like another visit to Lithuania :grins:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2015, 03:07:38 PM »
Actually, I'm curious now. What are some countries that have not been visited on (any) TAR, but had an airport connection? I know Latvia is one of them, when they flew from Estonia to Prague I think. Also, didn't some teams in TAR5 connect through Bahrain? Tara & Wil in Season 2 were going to connect through Tonga but ultimately didn't.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »
Actually, I'm curious now. What are some countries that have not been visited on (any) TAR, but had an airport connection? I know Latvia is one of them, when they flew from Estonia to Prague I think. Also, didn't some teams in TAR5 connect through Bahrain? Tara & Wil in Season 2 were going to connect through Tonga but ultimately didn't.

In Tar 9 on flights from Athens to Muscat teams connected through Manama & Doha

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2015, 03:14:57 PM »
Also, didn't some teams in TAR5 connect through Bahrain?
Yeah, it was the Egypt > Kenya > Tanzania leg.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm