Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 26481 times)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
The Cowboy rides gracefully away (into the sunset?).
Love those cowboys, at least got to see them dance.
Love that the Brenchels beat the Afghans. (Who should we u-turn?)
I picked Dave and Connor as the possible winners.
I still like Connor, but Dave is sounding like a grumpy old man.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
My thoughts after the episode?

Dave and Connor won 4 legs as of now, as compared to 2 legs by the Cowboys.

And all Dave does when they got U-TURNed was... ohhh, you U-TURN a 60 year old man... oh, you should have U-TURNed the Cowboys.

I don't get it. I just don't get it.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
We're in Switzerland, the land of mountains like Mt. Titlis!

Teams must now fly to Seville, Spain, A DIFFERENT COUNTRY , and go to the Alameda between two Greek mythological idols.

Caesar being Greek <3 Caesar being mythological <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I'm wondering what will happen with the Afghanimals next episode. It'll be interesting to see and I'm hoping Caro & Jen finally win a Leg.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

ROADBLOCK: (Who wants a close shave?)
This Roadblock made teams scrape shaving cream off a balloon within one minute. I really don't see the point of this task since it really doesn't have anything to do with Spanish culture plus it was relatively short. After hearing so many balloon heads bursting, I am scared of the following: balloons, barber shops, and hair salons. Thanks, TAR for possibly giving me a nightmare worse than repeatedly imagining Joyce shave all her locks off in TAR7.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 3/10

Something to do with this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barber_of_Seville

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Isn't it ironic that the Cowboys ended their race both times being U-TURNed which wouldn't have mattered anyway.

That Margie and Luke ended both races in 8th.

And Globbies ended both races due to their inability to complete a simple task (donkey detour) and arranging a replica.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Isn't it ironic that the Cowboys ended their race both times being U-TURNed which wouldn't have mattered anyway.

And Globbies ended both races due to their inability to complete a simple task (donkey detour) and arranging a replica.

So much irony. Joey & Meghan got eliminated because they failed to think ahead twice.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
HISTORY REPEATS as Jet & Cord are once again eliminated in an end-of-the-leg Double U-Turn where they were the only team effectively U-Turned. And Leo & Jamal once again eliminates a team using a U-Turn (Brandon & Adam back in Poland). And it seems Dave & Connor are still matching with the record of not falling below 4th place and not being in the bottom 2 (previously done by Margie & Luke in S14).

This was a great episode in my opinion. :hoot: The best of the season was still the 2nd Sri Lanka leg, with this and the 2nd China leg as runners-up.

The start at least didn't make me feel like Phil forgot to deliver some of the lines. And the snow on the cars were a nice touch. It also let me know that Caroline & Jennifer weren't blind to the situation, but were a little naive with the Double U-Turn. Dave & Connor turned into a team that I didn't mind being in the Final 3 (and even winning) at the start into a team that I wish would just disappear. Jet & Cord actually started to grow on me since last episode, but them being third-time racers still doesn't sit well with me. I have a kind of love/hate opinion on Brendon & Rachel ever since they became the other team's designated hate sink. They are sticking out on their own without, once again, having friends at the tail of the Race (and I love that), while still being cocky about it. And finally, I hope Leo & Jamal recover, because I would really love them or Caroline & Jennifer to win it all. :hoot: And Jet & Cord's exit music was just superb. :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:24:15 AM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
We can see Jamal shooting a ball so well at the Wales Stadium. So, I think he will be recovered for the next leg.

I like the leg, is in my country, what do you think I will say? hehehe But I think they spend so much time showing the bulls.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Is it just me, or was the editing for the last episode kind of weird?

Hopefully Jamal recovers, as we see them doing a sport task. I REALLY hope Afghanimals make the F3.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
When Caroline and Jennifer arrived at the W-Turn board :

"OH MY GOD THE AFGHANIMALS U-TURN THE COWBOYS!!!! WHY?"
(Umm,cause it was the SMARTEST decision. But obviously you blondes wouldn't know that because you are a litlle, you know... Woohoo!!... I want to say DUMB but that sounds mean, and kinda offensive)

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT"
(Again, do you want to see your chances in the final 4 against Rachel, who fell on her way to the pit stop, or against Jet and Cord, who would outrun you to the pit-stop in a blink of an eye? Really girls, it wasn't that hard. Doesn't even require half a brain to figure this out)

"WE'RE GONNA U-TURN THE BRENCHELSSS"
(Lololol. Okay, here are some very basic tips on how should a U-TURN be effectively used
1. Make sure you're ahead of the target! If you're not sure, then don't use it! Or use it on another team. Anybody has any problems with that could go talk to Kynt & Vyxin)
2. Don't get lost, a lot!!!
Besides, I thought using a U-TURN is" not acceptable" in this season? I thought it was "dirty game play"? Well I guess we are not so holy ourselves, right sisters? to stoop to Brenchel's "level" of gameplay)

"SORRY BRENCHELSSS .... IT'S... NOTHING PERSONAL"
(of course it's not. It's completely strategy, right??? Caroline and Jen had this in the bag, yo! They're tough competitors, probably one of the best female-female teams to ever run the race. Now, Remind me again the things Jen said on that train to Switzerland!!!)

Take it from me, had the Afghanimals u-turned the Brenchel, chances are, the final 4 would be Cancers, Afghanimals, Cowboys, and the Brenchel. Now now see that, girls? We would not want that, would we? Rachel being the last female standing?

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:12:38 AM by Zachary »

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika

Also, is it ironic that the Cowboys eliminated this time with a cowgirl (she's a cowgirl, right?) and a horse as their Pit Stop greeter? But I love how they ended the race by riding the horse. :<3

Did anyone realize that Dave also said about being "old" while being tackled by the "bulls" in Spanish? I was sick of it! :groan: :groan:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
~First of all: #thirdtothelastepisodealready #nointro #boo #nonewintro :( :( :(
~Was it just me, or did Phil say 2014 Mustangs?
~I like how the cowboys wanna stay out of the fight with Brenchel. :hrt:
~The roadblock looks pretty hard, especially with the time limit. If I were to be doing that, I would've struggled for a long while.
~A dance detour! I think detours are made equal and better with one side being a dance detour, but of course I would not want to see having a dance detour every leg. :funny: Anyway, both sides are equal. I like the ballz detour. I wanna see that as a switchback, either as a detour option or a roadblock. :hrt:
~The speedbump was good. The smelly hams made the speedbump points better.
~I wasn't annoyed with Dave talking about cancer or the achilles, but the age mentions... :res:
~Rachel and Dave (not the TAR20 team :funny: ) mentioning the "being a girl" and "being too old" at the ballz detour was annoying imo.
~D&C wasting their U-turn power on the other leg was really :groan: . The team that they U-turned? And their reasoning?  :crazy: They could've U-turned Brenchel this leg for revenge, but oh well. :res:
~Kudos to the Afghanimals for seeing a blank W-turn board for the 1st time!
~Again, another suddenly likable team leaving the show. :( I didn't really like seeing any of the threepeaters for the third time, but it was sad seeing them all go. :(
~The cowboys were really a threat, and that's why they were a great U-turn target. I like the Afghanimals' reason on their U-turn target. It was a smart move they have made imo. The two teams' rivalry was really one of the best "dramas" in this season. From leg 1 about to the EP and lead, then to leg 3 with the detour help and overtake, then to the 1st place footrace in leg 6, then to leg 9's three-way footrace for first, and now to this! The rivalry thing was great as a part of this race, and the Afghanimals seeing the cowboys as a threat... was very... I can't find the word for this. :funny: The U-turn choice was just a good one, and it's definitely better than Dave & Connor's U-turn choice.
~CaroJen surviving: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: If they make it to the final three, I just hope they don't win.
~Now this leg, overall, is the BEST leg of the season! (for me at least) The location, the roadblock, the detour, the speedbump, and the U-turn for this detour. Amazing! The leg is all-star worthy imo.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE

Also, is it ironic that the Cowboys eliminated this time with a cowgirl (she's a cowgirl, right?) and a horse as their Pit Stop greeter? But I love how they ended the race by riding the horse. :<3

Did anyone realize that Dave also said about being "old" while being tackled by the "bulls" in Spanish? I was sick of it! :groan: :groan:

Dave and Connor's entire story = Cancer. Injury. Old. BrenchelS hate. Sounds annoying already, and it's actually all playing out in front of us.

I'm not buying any of their story.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
~Kudos to the Afghanimals for seeing a blank W-turn board for the 1st time

Damn I was about to say that lol
So proud of them for making that decision
And to think how much I despised the Afghans last season

:hoot: afghanimals!!!!

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
~The cowboys were really a threat, and that's why they were a great U-turn target. I like the Afghanimals' reason on their U-turn target. It was a smart move they have made imo. The two teams' rivalry was really one of the best "dramas" in this season. From leg 1 about to the EP and lead, then to leg 3 with the detour help and overtake, then to the 1st place footrace in leg 6, then to leg 9's three-way footrace for first, and now to this! The rivalry thing was great as a part of this race, and the Afghanimals seeing the cowboys as a threat... was very... I can't find the word for this. :funny: The U-turn choice was just a good one, and it's definitely better than Dave & Connor's U-turn choice.

Totally agree! I was rooting for the cowboys since TAR16 but I don't hold U-turning them against Leo & Jamal. It was just a reasonable choice and made with... hmmm... with no better word to put this - dignity

~CaroJen surviving: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: If they make it to the final three, I just hope they don't win.

Oh, how I wish the cowboys get the chance to U-turn Carol & Jen! They just annoy me!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:09:09 PM by runningblind »

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
The Afghanimals strategy only worked since Caro & Jen were already ahead of the cowboys. Otherwise Jet and Cord might have unturned the girls. If Bren and Rach had been u-turned, they might have been eliminated. I think this would have improved the Afghans chance to make the final 3. We'll see who makes the final 3. The Afghans sure looked bummed out, probably because Bren and Rach passed them. In a way Jet & Cord will be in every episode. Next week they will show their elimination. In two weeks we will see them at the finish line.
Will Bopper & Mallory both be at the finish?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Will Bopper & Mallory both be at the finish?
Ooh good point. If Bopper has recovered, I think that Bopper & Mark and Mallory will be there.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
When Caroline and Jennifer arrived at the W-Turn board :

"OH MY GOD THE AFGHANIMALS U-TURN THE COWBOYS!!!! WHY?"
(Umm,cause it was the SMARTEST decision. But obviously you blondes wouldn't know that because you are a litlle, you know... Woohoo!!... I want to say DUMB but that sounds mean, and kinda offensive)

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID THAT"
(Again, do you want to see your chances in the final 4 against Rachel, who fell on her way to the pit stop, or against Jet and Cord, who would outrun you to the pit-stop in a blink of an eye? Really girls, it wasn't that hard. Doesn't even require half a brain to figure this out)

(Lololol. Okay, here are some very basic tips on how should a U-TURN be effectively used
1. Make sure you're ahead of the target! If you're not sure, then don't use it! Or use it on another team. Anybody has any problems with that could go talk to Kynt & Vyxin)
Besides, I thought using a U-TURN is" not acceptable" in this season? I thought it was "dirty game play"? Well I guess we are not so holy ourselves, right sisters? to stoop to Brenchel's "level" of gameplay)

"SORRY BRENCHELSSS .... IT'S... NOTHING PERSONAL"
(of course it's not. It's completely strategy, right??? Caroline and Jen had this in the bag, yo! They're tough competitors, probably one of the best female-female teams to ever run the race. Now, Remind me again the things Jen said on that train to Switzerland!!!)

Take it from me, had the Afghanimals u-turned the Brenchel, chances are, the final 4 would be Cancers, Afghanimals, Cowboys, and the Brenchel. Now now see that, girls? We would not want that, would we? Rachel being the last female standing?

CaroJen were not the last at the W-turn board
no matter who were u-turned,  CaroJen would not be last anyway

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
CaroJen were not the last at the W-turn board
no matter who were u-turned,  CaroJen would not be last anyway

They could be last at the pit-stop.
Really, the only blessing they had this leg was the fact that it was The Cowboys that got U-turned. Brenchel was so far ahead this leg. They had finished their detour before Caroline and Jen even started their own. Had they been u-turned, chances are, Brenchel would catch up with the blondes in that dancing detour while the cowboys were still doing the bulls detour. And they certainly may beat and pass those blondes as they have done it numerous times before.

And also, if Brenchel had been u-turned, that means the cowboys were not. Sure they were last at the W-Turn mat but they could be not last arriving at the pit-stop and I think they would since they had to make their way on foot. We all know those cowboys could run

When it comes down to it, it would be a foot race to the pit-stop between 3 teams and I am confident those blondes are not winning the foot-race, or any foot race really lol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

Since it was the last W-turn, it was hard to tell whether it was a dumb move or not, since they know that they wouldn't need their U-turn power anymore, knowing that it was the last W-turn.

With that said, I just realized that I wanted the cowboys to stay instead of CaroJen. Those girls are really lucky. :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
If Leo and Jamal had U-TURN Brenchel, then Caroline and Jennifer will probably pass the U-TURN, or U-TURN the Cowboys. Either way, Caroline and Jennifer is here to stay UNLESS the Cowboys had reached the U-TURN Board in 4th. But in their elimination interview, they said they wouldn't have U-TURN any team in any circumstance.

So... there was no where the Country Singers will be eliminated this leg unless they suck terribly this leg, which they didn't. So move on, haters. :)

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So... there was no where the Country Singers will be eliminated this leg unless they suck terribly this leg, which they didn't. So move on, haters. :)

What if Jet & Cord didn't miss the airport exit, and Brendon & Rachel went directly to the airport. Then both teams might have made the flight via Valencia. In this case the Country Singers would have been 1h behind and would probably have been eliminated.

PS I do not hate them, actually I would rather see them winning than some other teams.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
What If.. that should be posted in the what if thread lol.

There is no what if because Jet and Cord did miss the exit, and based on what had happened subsequently, the only way they could have avoided being eliminated this leg was to 1) not miss the exit, 2) arrive U-TURN fourth and U-TURN Country Singers, 3) be faster.

Therefore.. Country Singers really were no-where near being eliminated this leg because it seems, Cowboys were not going to use their U-TURN even if they had arrived fourth (interviews), PLUS, Country Singers did arrive fourth and if Leo and Jamal did U-TURN Brenchel, then Country Singers might have U-TURN Cowboys.

So... it will be down to Brenchel and Cowboys, and no way for CaroJen getting elim~ haha.