Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 26436 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we're back. Jamal says his knee is feeling more and more pain as he stands. They have the phrase and now they're walking to the clue guy.

Dave & Connor arrive at the W-Turn. They cannot use the U-Turn but they wish they could. Pit stop: Plaza de Espana. The last team to check in may be eliminated.

Brenchel getting slammed. Rachel is not pleased about getting hit. At all. :funny: They have the 2nd part.

Cowboys getting slammed really hard. They can't see the first sign... :crazy: They leave for the next corner.

Caroline & Jennifer arrive at the dance detour. They pick an instructor and get dressed up. They begin learning the steps.

Afghanimals finish the detour in 2nd. They're walking pretty slowly.

Cowboys are in the 2nd square... Jet sees the 2nd sign. They have the 2nd part but they have to go back because they missed the 1st part.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Casuals losing their minds in 3,2,1!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rachel sounds like she's about to cry omg. "BRENDON, THESE GUYS ARE BULLYING ME." Omg. :funny: Rachel sees the last sign and now they exit. They're done the detour in 3rd.

Afghanimals seem like they're deciding between the Cowboys and Brenchel... OMG THEY U-TURNED JET & CORD! Smart choice, especially because of Jamal's mesed up knee.

Cowboys getting slammed. Commercial.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
oh my god, Rachel SHUT UP!

I'm loving this narrow streets of Seville  :hrt:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:47:00 PM by Vitoko »

MrDeerShank

RACHEL REILLYGODDESS <3333333333333

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Afghanimals are being troopers about the injury. I REALLY hope that it doesn't cause their elimination. Stupid bulls.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
RACHEL REILLYGODDESS <3333333333333

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
First commercial just aired on CTV for Amazing Race Canada 2!!

LOVE THIS ;D When will it start?

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Casuals are losing their mind over the U-Turn xD
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cowboys looking for the first sign again. They now have the first 2 parts.

Brenchel see the W-Turn. Rachel cannot believe that they weren't U-Turned!!!

Dave & Connor arrive at the pit stop in 1st. They won a trip for 2 to Saint Croix. Dave gets teary talking about Connor. They would love to be the first parent child team to win the race.

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Caroline & Jennifer going through the routine several times to make sure they get it.

Brenchel are running. Afghanimals have to walk because of Jamal's knee.

Cowboys have the entire phrase and are getting slammed trying to get to the exit. Cowboys finish the detour and now they're going to the W-Turn.

Brenchel are going to the pit stop but Rachel falls basically on her face lol. Rachel looks upset on the mat. :lol: Brenchel are team #2! They think Afghanimals made a mistake not U-Turning them.

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
2nd - Brendon & Rachel

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
oh man, I haven't heard the words "Prueba Superada" since "El Juego de la Oca"... 10 years ago? maybe more?

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Caroline & Jennifer are giving the dance a try. They get it on their first attempt! They finish the detour in last.

Afghanimals are team #3. Afghanimals are unhappy with being team #3. They decided to use the U-Turn on the Cowboys because they think they can beat Brenchel.

Caroline & Jennifer reach the W-Turn... They can't believe that Afghanimals U-Turned Jet & Cord... They decided to U-Turn Brenchel, lol.

Jet & Cord arrive at the W-Turn board. They knew they couldn't trust the Afghanimals.

Caroline & Jennifer are team #4. They can't believe they're in the F4.

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
2nd - Brendon & Rachel
3rd - Leo & Jamal
4th - Caroline & Jennifer

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Not as happy as I thought I would be over the Cowboys being out :lol:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jet & Cord learning the dance and giving it a try. They're glad to have gotten to the race 3 times. They have no complaints and no regrets. They finish doing the dance and they're at the pit stop. They're the last team to arrive and they've been eliminated from the race. Cowboys already knew that Brenchel were past the U-Turn so they knew they were last.

Cord getting a ride on the greeter's horse, lol.

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
2nd - Brendon & Rachel
3rd - Leo & Jamal
4th - Caroline & Jennifer
5th - Jet & Cord (ELIMINATED)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
You know what? If this was Jet&Cord's second season, I would be mad right now, because I was totally ok with them... but since this is their 3rd time... this should've happened earlier...

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Great episode! :D

It just kinda got boring in the middle (too much time spent at the Bulls IMO), but still a good episode.

It kinda sucked to see the "Accidental Alliance" getting karma in a way, but karma hit the wrong team. (Leo/Jamal :(((((()

Next week should be interesting and I hope Leo & Jamal overcome the injury and make final 3 with Brenchel and CaroJen! (please :lol:) <3

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
oh man, I haven't heard the words "Prueba Superada" since "El Juego de la Oca"... 10 years ago? maybe more?

I thought I was the only one to notice. Got me laughing too!

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
First commercial just aired on CTV for Amazing Race Canada 2!!

LOVE THIS ;D When will it start?

July most likely.

Yes! I was already getting the TAR withdrawal mood ;P

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

With a spot in the final 3 up for grabs, Afghanimals go for the goal while the Country singers and Dave & Connor shoot it out. Brenchel are thrown off track. Rachel is crying. Something about their boots???

MrDeerShank

WELLY TOSSING NEXT WEEK OMW <33333333

I have to say that this has probably been my favourite leg of the whole Race so far - a lot of drama and some very unique/interesting tasks!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1

I thought I was the only one to notice. Got me laughing too!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!  :funny:

oh this is new... Rachel crying... AGAIN...

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
LEG 10 (Switzerland --> Spain) EPISODE ANALYSIS:
For the prize aside from another Travelocity vacation, we finally get to see another country without it being visited in two Legs in this season! Woohoo! In all honesty though, this episode felt petty and lukewarm. The tasks were decent, but the route overall was brief and uninspiring. The hours of operation should NEVER play a factor in the race at all EVER AGAIN.

ROADBLOCK: (Who wants a close shave?)
This Roadblock made teams scrape shaving cream off a balloon within one minute. I really don't see the point of this task since it really doesn't have anything to do with Spanish culture plus it was relatively short. After hearing so many balloon heads bursting, I am scared of the following: balloons, barber shops, and hair salons. Thanks, TAR for possibly giving me a nightmare worse than repeatedly imagining Joyce shave all her locks off in TAR7.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 3/10

SPEED BUMP:
Caroline & Jenn had to deliver slices of meat to Las Teresas Cafe. What's with both of the country singers' Speed Bumps being delivery extras? That kind of annoyed me since it felt like I was watching de ja vú. The task itself is relatively easy that I think it was even quicker to finish (and significantly lesser weight to carry) than Italy's SB. I hope this will be the sign that TAR will change the non-elimination penalty format.
SPEED BUMP SCORE: 2/10

DETOUR: (Flattering Flamenco or Bucking Bronco)
The flamenco dancing choice was warmhearted, fun, and I kind of enjoyed watching the Southerns complete this task since it calmed my blood pressure to slap the cast directors to oblivion. However, I think the dance was easy to remember because of how flowery and elegant flamenco dancers move. There wasn't much significant challenge other than memorizing the moves. The plastic bull option was crazy humiliating and starched Rachel to her boiling point once again. I actually wanted to be an obstacle bull so I could ram ALL those petty, boring, and whiney teams through the cobblestone streets of Seville. The only thing I would change is the length of the phrase since everyone got it correct on the first attempt. I understand why they had to use bubble bulls now, the brute force of sending some teams flying across the pathways. Haha!
DETOUR SCORE: 7.5/10

OTHER SCORES:
LEG DIFFICULTY: 6/10
TEAM DRAMA: 8/10
U-TURN SCORE: 4/10
HITTING TEAMS I DESPISE ACROSS THE STREETS: 20/10
JAMAL INJURING HIMSELF: 10/10
ME BEING A COLD-HEARTED B-I-T-C-# WHO NEEDS TO SHUT HER OWN TRAP AND STICK TWO FINGERS UP HER OWN NOSE: 1000/10 (but it's not going to happen :lol: )
OVERALL SCORE: 6/10
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:37:28 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Sri Lanka 2 has been only the All Stars worthy leg.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I sort of actually liked this leg in general, even though it still wasn't absolutely amazing, it was one of the better ones.

1. There was split flights, with a little bit of drama, and production did a smart thing with a partial bump where they make the teams closer but those who made the earlier flight still had an advantage.
2. I also felt like the tasks were rather difficult, and we saw some competition and U-Turn drama among teams which was fun to watch. And teams were very unpredictable on who would be last because no one was near each other (with the exception of Cancer winning the leg)

But I wish they were like actual cultural relevant stuff rather than comedic knock offs like with balloons and inflatable balls, which would make it more all star worthy. Remember TAR20 beard styling, where they groomed actual people, not balloons? That would be way more difficult and better to watch. I felt the bull balls were okay and very entertaining, but I wish we got to saw real bulls, or at least teams taking shots head on with each other to see more competitive fire. I felt like the leg had so much more potential which is why it is not all star worthy.