Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 22632 times)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think right now the remaining five teams are just trying to emulate the strategy of the team that won their previous season(s):

Jet & Cord are trying to stay under the radar like Dan & Jordan and Kisha & Jen

Dave & Connor and Caroline & Jennifer are trying to float to the final three with their alliance

Brenchel are channeling their inner cutthroat Davechel

Leo & Jamal are trying to accumulate positive karma like Jamy

So I guess we'll see which strategy works the best by the finale.

Well, CJ could be called floaters but noway DC is floating. They mostly did and figured out everything by themselves

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Cancer are horrid. Can't stand them at all. :res:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Am I nuts or was there only ONE car awarded? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I think it was two; no one can drive half a car; and Ford has always given away a pair when that the prize for the leg. But it's a great prize, though.
-- theschnauzers

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I think it was two; no one can drive half a car; and Ford has always given away a pair when that the prize for the leg. But it's a great prize, though.

Good prizes but don't forget the tax on them.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
someone plz teach cancer how to pronounce gondola thx bye
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
All those signs at the Swiss Transport Museum were so cool. An interesting location like that could've produced a better challenge than just basic maths. Surprisingly thought the hotel cleaning challenge was fantastic! But this season is still a letdown. Sri Lanka remains the only episodes which were All Stars worthy.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
All those signs at the Swiss Transport Museum were so cool. An interesting location like that could've produced a better challenge than just basic maths. Surprisingly thought the hotel cleaning challenge was fantastic! But this season is still a letdown. Sri Lanka remains the only episodes which were All Stars worthy.

Truthfact right there.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
Wow, I'm so glad I get to watch a repeat of this leg's drama next week.  :res: So done with Dave and Connor's whining.

I was rooting for the country singers (...lesser of many evils) but after watching them moan along with Dave and Connor, the only team that I don't outright hate at this point is the Cowboys. Can't believe I'm rooting for a three-peater.  :res: This season is a mess.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I heard one, too! I wasn't sure if I just heard incorrectly or not. There was a Ford commercial right after that congratulated Dave & Connor on their two cars so it got me extra confused. :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Overall this is a good leg. The location is cool, literally and figuratively.
The roadblock... it's okay, because it's a physical one. At least it wasn't as dull as leg 1's roadblock.
Others:
~9th leg and still no proper intro. :res: I was expecting the modified intro with scenes of the teams racing.
~The cowboys caught up on an equalizer. It was more fun watching them catch up without equalizers.
~The detail-requiring ARI was great!
~The Ford task was good and pretty cool.
~Brendon putting that message on the gondola was unnecessary IMO. Connor taking it off was also unnecessary, but oh well.
~The three MM teams who lead the Malaysian legs were on a footrace for first. That was nice to see. :)
~The nightmare for me: The NEL. :tantrum CaroJen were spared for the second time. They only got this far by alliances. Same applies to their original season. I can't believe they arrived last on NELs. :gaah: The 2nd EP begging in China and the TAR22 U-turn alliance were the unlikable moves I've seen from them. I think it's their strategy, how they play the game, but I really don't think they deserve to win. :gaah: These two have been going far by alliances, and they get spared by a NEL or a huge lead from the back of the pack. Such lucky blondes. :stare

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
I love all the landscapes! :)

I hate soooooo much Dave & Connor!
Are DC on the same elevator with Cowboys and Afghanimals? Because I can't believe that DC can win in a footrace.

Go Branchel, u can! <3
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Man, this alliance is making me root for Jet&Cord... This is wrong!  (:;)

I can't believe I was actually rooting for the cowboys a little!  :groan:

The only team that I don't outright hate at this point is the Cowboys. Can't believe I'm rooting for a three-peater.  :res: This season is a mess.

Now that they were mentioned, I also noticed the same thing from my point of view. I don't really like having the cowboys back as 3-peaters (Although their original season made them likable, and their funny moments made them pretty good this season.), but they became the most likable team for now, at this stage of the race, at least for me. :stare It's wise after all to not have any alliances and be the lone ranger. The lone ranger. I can relate to this. :)

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Man, this alliance is making me root for Jet&Cord... This is wrong!  (:;)

I can't believe I was actually rooting for the cowboys a little!  :groan:

The only team that I don't outright hate at this point is the Cowboys. Can't believe I'm rooting for a three-peater.  :res: This season is a mess.

Now that they were mentioned, I also noticed the same thing from my point of view. I don't really like having the cowboys back as 3-peaters (Although their original season made them likable, and their funny moments made them pretty good this season.), but they became the most likable team for now, at this stage of the race, at least for me. :stare It's wise after all to not have any alliances and be the lone ranger. The lone ranger. I can relate to this. :)
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
i want brenchel to win this soooooooooo bad....i can't stand the singers, omg...DO something on your own please!!! i liked dave/connor before but they are sooooo freaking annoying with the u-turn thing...like, it's part of the race, get over it u moron!!

I agree. They did not raise this much fuss when the country singers got the Express Pass from the Cowboys

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I hate the fact that Brenchel is suddenly a pluralised thing

THIS SO MUCH. It isn't Brenchel & Brenchel so it isn't plural like AfghanS, CowboyS etc

I believe the reasons Teams are say Brenchel's is because of Brendan and Rachel's shirts.  Brenchel should have had members of this group approve their shirts before they left on the Race.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yeah, but other teams should have been smart enough to figure out that "Brenchel's" is the contraction of "Brenchel is", but that is probably the reason. :res:

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
Yeah, but other teams should have been smart enough to figure out that "Brenchel's" is the contraction of "Brenchel is", but that is probably the reason. :res:
And that the back of the shirt says "Back" , making "Brenchel's Back" .

On a different note, I think "the brenchels" is cute haha

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Where's the thread for tonight's episode?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move