Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 22652 times)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Looks like we are getting a 3 way race for 1st. This should be interesting.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The signs with the distances the teams needed were on the opposite side from the Mustangs. It became a matter of how quickly teams realized there were signs on all four sides of the box.
-- theschnauzers

NoluckBoston

Go Dave and Conner!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Now Brenchel should somehow manage to get on the gondola as well.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Bearing an dog is causes Country is freaked or fallen out?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
wasn't it a weird comment from a country singer (I don't know which one is who) about Connor (I still like him): "He's there like a happy clam"? Seem a little mean to me...

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
I'm so surprised this season have kept the teams so close to eachother, we usually have a team lagging behind or a team running ahead of everyone, but every episode something happens that gets all the teams close enough to feel the pressure.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Boo! Go away Dave & Connor!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
NEL, Called it!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Afghanimals think that they can outrun the other teams. Afghanimals speaking in different language. All 3 teams are running like mad looooool. Teams have no clue where they're running. Dave & Connor are running a different way than Afghanimals and Cowboys.

SERIOUSLY? DAVE & CONNOR ARE IN 1ST? SERIOUSLY?????? :res: :res: :res: Dave & Connor win 2015 Mustangs.

Cowboys are team #2. Afghanimals are team #3. All 3 teams are at the pit stop. Phil brings up the division.

Caroline struggling still. Caroline... IT'S BRENCHEL NOT BRENCHELS. Caroline mocks Brenchel for not being in the Accidental Alliance lol.

Brenchel are team #4. They say they'll win the race with no friends.

Caroline & Jennifer are the last team to arrive... But it's a non-elimination leg. Ew. Ew. Ew. They're still in the race. Ew. Ew. Ew.

Pit Stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
2nd - Jet & Cord
3rd - Leo & Jamal
4th - Brendon & Rachel
5th - Caroline & Jennifer (NEL)

MrDeerShank

Hands down this is the best episode of the entire season!

So no Detour this leg it looks like?
I feel like the housekeeping task might have Brussel'd it since everyone stuck with that task.

It was a Route Info task - the clues that they were holding directing them to the task was blue.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Teams take the bulls by the horn. What is happening. Teams are ramming into each other? Looks like Rachel fell. Maybe Brendon too? Connor has a close shave. The Afghanimals finally turn the tables... ANOTHER DOUBLE U-TURN. "Who do we U-Turn?"

Yeah, I wonder who you're going to pick. :res: :res: :res:

Offline ahecht

• RFF Not So Newbie
I could've sworn that one of the teams Dave and Connor read the last clue as "Search for Phil at 10,000 and check in for your next clue", so I was surprised when it didn't end up being a "keep racing" leg.

NoluckBoston

It would not surprise me that they U-turn the Cowboys. I could see them doing that. Knowing full well that the next team will U-turn Brachel.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Ive been to the bridge and to the pit stop <333

Offline sycamoreken

• RFF Newbie
Hello, just joined the board. My wife and I can't believe it is another non-elimination leg. It seems there have been more of them this season than before. Feel kind of ripped off after getting our hopes up for the leeches to finally lose only to have the whole thing be for naught. Look forward to conversing on here about the show.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
It would not surprise me that they U-turn the Cowboys. I could see them doing that. Knowing full well that the next team will U-turn Brachel.

I have a weird feeling that the Afghanimals might be the last at the U-turn board and their question is rethorical. If I'm not wrong Brenchel and Dave&Connor could not use the U-turn any more, I don't think the cowboys would use (maybe if someone would u-turn them) and I don't see the country girls in the front, just don't

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Finally episode that is named/quoted from female racer!
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
 :hiya :bigwelcome to the R.F.F., sycamoreken!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Honestly the best episode of the season.

Like a few have said, the answer-sharing is really frustrating.

I swear, the teams have been EXTREMELY close this season... they're literally at every task together.

The great amount of tasks is what I really liked about this leg. Tbh, if more legs were like this, I wouldn't mind the Detour being left out a few times. Or why not just have a Route Info task with a Detour and Roadblock regularly? Something I've wanted for a while.. ughhh.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly

I have a weird feeling that the Afghanimals might be the last at the U-turn board and their question is rethorical. If I'm not wrong Brenchel and Dave&Connor could not use the U-turn any more, I don't think the cowboys would use (maybe if someone would u-turn them) and I don't see the country girls in the front, just don't
There are the same number of NELs as usual for a 12 leg race with 11 teams. (8 eliminations plus 3 NELs plus final leg.)
As to the U-Turn, we don't know whether any team are ahead of the Afganimals at the Double U-Turn. for instance the Cowboys could be ahead and decided not to use it.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Honestly the best episode of the season.

The great amount of tasks is what I really liked about this leg. Tbh, if more legs were like this, I wouldn't mind the Detour being left out a few times. Or why not just have a Route Info task with a Detour and Roadblock regularly? Something I've wanted for a while.. ughhh.
If only country was eliminated....

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
LEG 9 (Italy --> Switzerland) EPISODE ANALYSIS:
So many race fails this episode including Caroline falling flat on her country back in the milk can Roadblock, Dave almost injuring his hip... or Achilles tendon... while jumping the railing at the Mt. Titlis Gondola ticket line (KARMA! :funny:), and Brenchel's awkward cut to commercials in Lucerne just to mention a few. Alas, this is the first real Leg of TAR24! From the altitude changes, task diversity, and Leg longevity, this became one of those real all-stars episodes. Time to "let it go" for breaking down this Swiss majesty.

ROUTE INFO #1: (Clean trashy hotel room)
Initially, I wanted to despise this task so much, but flashing back, this happened to be a really challenging task even if the editing made it look easier. Helga is one strict roomskeeper and her intellect about hospitality lit up this task. For the detail seekers, this was a task that challenged their sight. I wonder if this was a Detour option though.
ROUTE INFO SCORE: 8/10

ROUTE INFO #2 (Calculate vehicle model year)
I thought this task was okay, but it was vulnerable for the sharing of answers which I really can't stand on the race. It was partially challenging because of the daunting amount of highway signage, but you only had to look for the given cities name. If I was designing this task, I would have made teams search for the distance between two cities using only the signs and a map of Switzerland. That way, it would be too idiotic for a team to do a task for another team.
ROUTE INFO SCORE: 6/10

ROADBLOCK: (Who is ready to be milked to oblivion?)
The milk trade-off task was pretty generic, nothing very interesting about the task except for the dogs. However, the scenery of the Swiss Alps were simply spectacular! I would love to see the curves and snowed trees in the wintertime. Just gorgeous!
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 7/10

OTHER SCORES:
LEG DIFFICULTY: 7/10
TEAM DRAMA: 9/10
RACE FAILS: 12/10
OVERALL SCORE: 8/10

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

paldog123456

I'm surprised the 2nd Double U-Turn is coming so late. When the first one appeared in Orvieto, I assumed it would be the only one since it was later in the season than it has been lately (~Leg 4 or 5).

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member

There are the same number of NELs as usual for a 12 leg race with 11 teams. (8 eliminations plus 3 NELs plus final leg.)
As to the U-Turn, we don't know whether any team are ahead of the Afganimals at the Double U-Turn. for instance the Cowboys could be ahead and decided not to use it.

That's why I said MIGHT ;D. Their tone was just not so "happy-we-could-decide-who-goes-home!" which I think they would use in that situation. Honestly, If they were there first they would probably U-turn Brenchel of the cowboys depending who was closer to them.