Author Topic: TAR 24 EP 12 FINALE! "Do You Believe in Magic?" Las Vegas, Nevada  (Read 43348 times)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Re: TAR 24 EP 12 FINALE! "Do You Believe in Magic?" Las Vegas, Nevada
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2014, 02:35:17 PM »
Directly from Phil's twitter...

Quote from: Phil Keoghan @PhilKeoghan
Same rules 4all no team could do more than 6 RBs B4 end of L10 - 3 RBs in L11+12 those can be divided 2-1 #AmazingRace

Are we ok now?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2014, 07:17:25 PM »

Same rules 4all no team could do more than 6 RBs B4 end of L10 - 3 RBs in L11+12 those can be divided 2-1 #AmazingRace

Are we ok now?

That is a change that came in at some point; because I've not heard it before. And apparently, we're not the only ones who were asking.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:56:27 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2014, 07:23:39 PM »

Are we ok now?

So that's why Marie had to do the Egg RB in Indonesia because Tim already did 6 RB at that point.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2014, 08:15:48 PM »
If that's the change to the rules then it's a dumb change imo.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2014, 04:31:57 AM »

Right! They're just reintroducing a problem they had in the first 5 seasons. There is going to be 13 RBs for this season, with one each leg and then 2 at the finale.

Let's see. They had 13 RBs last season too. But at Leg 10 (the 11th RB), it said "Marie must perform this Roadblock" already, meaning the RB cap before the finale is set at 6, because Tim has already performed 6 Roadblocks at the time while Marie was still at 4 (the egg-boiling would be her 5th).

This season, at Leg 10 there were only 10 RB so far, and they set the limit at 6!?!?!? Are they trying :groan: to make one person have 8 RBs done, which hasn't been seen since, oh I don't know, Season 5?!?

One of two things is happening. Either the whole of TAR is just getting dumber and dumber by the leg, or (and I'm not trying to sound mean here) they are challenging the integrity of the Race by throwing out the rule that was set for fairness. I'm sorry that your oh so beautiful casual fans don't care that Linda & Karen didn't make the Final 3 because of this. :gaah:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:36:49 AM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2014, 05:03:28 AM »

Right! They're just reintroducing a problem they had in the first 5 seasons. There is going to be 13 RBs for this season, with one each leg and then 2 at the finale.

Let's see. They had 13 RBs last season too. But at Leg 10 (the 11th RB), it said "Marie must perform this Roadblock" already, meaning the RB cap before the finale is set at 6, because Tim has already performed 6 Roadblocks at the time while Marie was still at 4 (the egg-boiling would be her 5th).

This season, at Leg 10 there were only 10 RB so far, and they set the limit at 6!?!?!? Are they trying :groan: to make one person have 8 RBs done, which hasn't been seen since, oh I don't know, Season 5?!?

One of two things is happening. Either the whole of TAR is just getting dumber and dumber by the leg, or (and I'm not trying to sound mean here) they are challenging the integrity of the Race by throwing out the rule that was set for fairness. I'm sorry that your oh so beautiful casual fans don't care that Linda & Karen didn't make the Final 3 because of this. :gaah:

Truth has been spoken above me. The casuals did indeed notice that Connor did his 7th Roadblock though.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2014, 05:28:08 AM »
Yes. But after Phil's tweet, they won't be bothered. They won't care like I do. That's why I made the point about Linda & Karen. I'm really sorry that I feel this passionately about this and I apologize, but I just feel so wronged to see a team "possibly" win with this kind of insanity. :( I feel so helpless.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2014, 07:52:13 AM »
Caps from the preview:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2014, 07:53:22 AM »
Second part of the caps:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2014, 05:33:03 PM »
LOL at Brendon wearing a sparkly green hairband too  :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2014, 11:04:23 PM »
Guest star David Copperfield talking about the challenge he designed for the season finale:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_PghuUhJGs?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N_PghuUhJGs?hl=es_</a>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2014, 12:10:02 AM »
Video: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-All-Stars-Finale-Preview-Phil-Keoghan-1081908.aspx#ooid=91ZnN3bTrz7vpDX6udeEIaBu_T9Q0CU3

Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan: Finish Is "Down to the Wire"

Joyce Eng

May 16, 2014 12:31 PM ET
by Joyce Eng

Phil Keoghan

All bets are off on Sunday's Amazing Race All-Stars finale. The final three teams — Dave and Connor, Caroline and Jen, and Brendon and Rachel — will head to Las Vegas, where they'll skydive and participate in David Copperfield's great escape challenge on the way to the closest finish since Season 2's epic footrace.

"I remember saying to the other teams waiting at the finish, watching them come to the mat, 'Who's it going to be?' It was down to the wire," Phil Keoghan tells TVGuide.com. "It's a different kind of show. We took advantage of being in Vegas; it was just showing off. We've never had a final leg at night. If you're gonna do a leg at night, Vegas is the place to do it."

Add new fall shows to your Watchlist

Keep reading to see what else you can expect from the finale, Keoghan's take on the U-Turn drama between Dave and Connor and Brendon and Rachel, and more.

What do you think of the final three?
Phil Keoghan: I'm surprised by Caroline and Jennifer. I didn't they would make it this far, and I don't think they thought they would make it this far! They've had a lot of luck. Their approach has been to follow other teams. I guess you can argue that although that might not be a strategy that a lot of people like, it is in fact a strategy. I'm not saying that would be a popular win, but you'd have to consider that as a strategy. ... The other two teams, I'm not surprised. Brendon and Rachel took quite a different approach. I felt they were more compatible. Rachel has matured a lot since their first season. Dave and Connor, they were so strong when they had three legs instead of four. I'm not surprised at all they're there.

Were you surprised at how upset Dave and Connor were about getting U-Turned? That's a totally legitimate move, regardless of what Brendon and Rachel's reason is.
Keoghan: Yeah. .. I think the fact that Dave has used his age as an excuse is sort of ridiculous. If anything — and I would say this directly to him because I have a lot of respect for him in terms of his fitness — I actually tweeted it, "C'mon, Dave. Enough complaining about how you're older. You're kicking people's ass who are half your age." He has consistently beaten people younger than him, so the whole age factor should not be something that is coming out of his mouth. He is very fit and quite frankly, I wish he had embraced the age thing more, like, "Hey, I'm older, but I'm kicking your ass!" I'm not a fan of age discrimination, but I think by making a statement like that, he plays into it.

It's like he's using it whenever it's convenient.
Keoghan: Yeah. Look, I understand it's also got to do with the pressure. He's frustrated at being U-Turned — everybody is. He's desperate to win, so what is he going to focus on? The only thing he can think of is, "How could they U-Turn the older man?" I tweeted a few weeks ago, "Look, this is a race. And if you have the ability to slow down another team so that you can get ahead and it's a legal move, why not do it?" It amazes me sometimes how it's like, "Oh, if you U-Turn someone, you somehow become the bad guy." It's a legal tool that can be used by one team to slow down another team.

Do you think people will ever get over that?
Keoghan: I hope so! People need to. Even some viewers are like, "Well, it's not in the spirit of the game." But it's part of the game! I get people who are like, "I race clean. I'm not going to U-Turn." But there are times that maybe you should've U-Turned and it would've affected the outcome of the race. I understand that they're upset because I would be upset if I were U-Turned, but as far as disliking another team because they U-Turned you and to continuously complain about it, that's ridiculous. I think the smart move when using the U-Turn is to think about who they want to race against in the end. Sometimes a weaker team will not get U-Turned because the team that's doing the U-Turn will think, "Well, I should use this on a stronger team."

Which is what happened to the cowboys. And they told Dave to take being U-Turned as a compliment.
Keoghan: Exactly! It made more sense for Leo and Jamal to use it on them. I think Jet's reaction about the U-Turn was emotional, but he got over it pretty quickly. One of my all-time favorite teams is the cowboys. I love how they race. They're good guys. Cord's even more level-headed than Jet. When I let Cord ride the horse at the end, it was such a fitting end to their race. To me, they sort of epitomize what we look for in a team. But you can't have a whole cast of teams that are just like the cowboys. I would love to go have a beer with those guys, but there are other teams I want to see on The Amazing Race who I don't want to have a beer with! [Laughs] I'm not saying everybody needs to be like the cowboys; I'm just saying I love them not only as racers, but just as guys. I would love to go hang out with them.

Check out all the new fall shows

How crazy is the David Copperfield task?
Keoghan: That was so cool, what he came up with. It's everything you know about David Copperfield. The piece itself was really great and captivating. ... He was really excited about being part of the show. You could see his huge billboard way off in the distance. On a personal level, I got a real kick out of it because I remember watching him way back in the day. It's like, "When did I ever think I would be doing this with him?"

What else can we expect?
Keoghan: We set something up at the end hoping for a really dramatic finish where the [eliminated] teams didn't know where the teams were going to come from. It was a risk to set it up that way. If the teams were separated by a certain amount of distance, it wouldn't have worked. The episode is really a lot about suspense with David Copperfield and the finish. It was such a relief and so rewarding for it to play out the way we wanted it to play out. What we want every season is the way it played out in Season 2 — that dramatic footrace with Wil standing on the hill, looking back at Tara and these two big burly guys go running right by Tara and going on to win. But it was rolling the dice. This is the closest to that finish where the teams waiting had no idea who it would be. It was incredibly exciting.

How close is it?
Keoghan: It's all three teams lining up to come in and two are right on top of each other. You don't know as a viewer until the last second which one it'll be. ... Even when I watch again, I go, "Oh, my God!" The finish was just perfect. This is when it's exciting in what we do. I don't think people would think something like Season 2's finish would ever happen, but it did. This is one of those as well.

Its there a memory task?
Keoghan: There's not so much a memory task. They have to look for certain things. There's hidden information. It's actually quite a different ending from what we've done before.

Rachel is from Vegas. Did she have any hometown advantage?
Keoghan: I think anytime a team is in their hometown, they feel they have an advantage. But if you look back, like in Season 1, Rob and Brennan beat Frank and Margarita, who were from New York and decided to take the subway. You'd think they had home-court advantage, but sometimes ignorance is bliss. I think from a psychological point of view, you have an advantage because you can be like, "This is my territory," but when it comes down to it, I don't necessarily think there's an advantage.

Will the Accidental Alliance still be in effect?
Keoghan: The final leg, there's nothing left at that point. That's not going to help anybody. I don't think we've had any final leg alliance ever work. It's like we're all in this for ourselves.

So many teams say they want to be one-two. But do you really want to be two?
Keoghan: Exactly. Who wants to be the first loser? I think that comes down to complacency, like, "I'll settle for second." I know some teams on this race who thought that would be fine, but no way. At that point, I don't think any of those three would be fine with second.

Amazing Race's Leo and Jamal: It's déjà vu in the worst way

Were you surprised by the winner? Were they one of your pre-season predictions?
Keoghan: I wasn't surprised because two teams that I thought might be there in the end were there. With Caroline and Jennifer, I figured they have as much of a chance as the other two now. Over the whole season, I don't know how the cowboys got eliminated, or Leo and Jamal, or the Globetrotters the way they did. I mean, I know how, but it was surprising the way it unfolded. Caroline and Jen really snuck in off the back of the other teams, and I think they would be the first to admit that. Brendon and Rachel, I don't think they had any doubt in their mind they would go all the way. Dave and Connor, I don't think they had any doubt either. But I didn't see that final three. I saw maybe the cowboys, Dave and Connor and maybe Leo and Jamal, with the Globetrotters fourth.

What can you tell us about Season 25?
Keoghan: I'm excited to dig into the unknown again after All-Stars. This new season, we have really interesting characters. I love the All-Stars, and I'd love to do All-Stars again, but I think at its core, what really makes the show work is new faces going to new places. I've always believed that. I think when teams come back, they're fun to watch, but I don't think it's quite as fun as the first time we see them. There's something wonderful about the first time any team goes on The Amazing Race.

The Amazing Race All-Stars finale airs Sunday at 8/7c on CBS. Watch a sneak peek of the David Copperfield task below and catch up on the season here.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-All-Stars-Finale-Preview-Phil-Keoghan-1081908.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2014, 03:06:55 AM »
What else can we expect?
Keoghan: We set something up at the end hoping for a really dramatic finish where the [eliminated] teams didn't know where the teams were going to come from. It was a risk to set it up that way. If the teams were separated by a certain amount of distance, it wouldn't have worked. The episode is really a lot about suspense with David Copperfield and the finish. It was such a relief and so rewarding for it to play out the way we wanted it to play out. What we want every season is the way it played out in Season 2 — that dramatic footrace with Wil standing on the hill, looking back at Tara and these two big burly guys go running right by Tara and going on to win. But it was rolling the dice. This is the closest to that finish where the teams waiting had no idea who it would be. It was incredibly exciting.

How close is it?
Keoghan: It's all three teams lining up to come in and two are right on top of each other. You don't know as a viewer until the last second which one it'll be. ... Even when I watch again, I go, "Oh, my God!" The finish was just perfect. This is when it's exciting in what we do. I don't think people would think something like Season 2's finish would ever happen, but it did. This is one of those as well.
This could just be another one of Phil's exaggeration's like he does every season  :funny: BUT reading it through again, it seems as though we might have a very intense finale, I think it's possible that we have a final footrace! Wooo

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2014, 11:57:44 AM »

Its there a memory task?
Keoghan: There's not so much a memory task.
UGH.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2014, 12:07:51 PM »
In the newest sneak peak, they show that the country girls are a bit in front of Dave & Connor in the Light Bulb task.

Anyway, what I realize is that people wondered why The Beatles was not mentioned when the teams were in Liverpool and we will see a big "The Beatles" sign right where they do the lightbulb task. ^^

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2014, 12:12:24 PM »

Its there a memory task?
Keoghan: There's not so much a memory task.
UGH.
That's a good thing for me since the route for this "all-stars" season was just :groan:.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2014, 03:16:59 PM »
Murtz Jaffer tweeted his traditional prediction to win TAR: (Be mindful he has been wrong 3 times with seasons 18, 20 & 22)

Murtz Jaffer ‏@murtzjaffer 3h

My official #amazingrace winner pick for tonight's finale is Dave and Connor

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2014, 06:46:14 PM »
I VERY HAPPY!!!! THE FINALE IS LOOKS Exciting!  :conf:
And this day, I will buy new phone. (Some of fans, may think I stupid, because in America, the phone store may closed, but I live in third world country in Eastern Hemisphere, in a transcontinental country)
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »
Great Finale one of the best ones!!!! And the right winners :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Aside from that, I assume that TAR saw the post about the common 2-hour finale. Which is a possibility why TAR didn't have one this season.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2014, 12:21:03 PM »
Well... better later than never :lol:

CBS PRESS PICS

"Do You Believe in Magic?" Season 24 Episode 12
In this Road Block, Father/Son team David (pictured) and Connor must perform an escape with the world's greatest illusionist David Copperfield in order to receive the next clue on the season finale of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Sonja Flemming/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Performing an escape in Season 24 Episode 12
In this Road Block, teams must perform an escape with the world's greatest illusionist David Copperfield in order to receive the next clue on the season finale of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Sonja Flemming/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Dave and Connor in Season 24 Episode 12
In this Road Block, David (left) must skydive while wearing a high tech light suit onto the Las Vegas Motor Speedway then, with his teammate Connor (right), race to the finish line on the season finale of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Sonja Flemming/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Brendon and Rachel in Season 24 Episode 12
In this Road Block, Brendon (left) must skydive while wearing a high tech light suit onto the Las Vegas Motor Speedway then, with his teammate Rachel (right), race to the finish line on the season finale of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Sonja Flemming/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Connor must perform an escape in The Amazing Race Season Finale
In this Road Block, Father/Son team Connor (pictured) and David must perform an escape with the world's greatest illusionist David Copperfield in order to receive the next clue on the season finale of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Sonja Flemming/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Neon Boneyard in The Amazing Race Season Finale
In this Route Marker, Father/Son David (left) and Connor (right) must search the Neon Boneyard for the next clue on the season finale of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Sonja Flemming/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Brendon and Rachel in The Amazing Race Season Finale
In this Route Marker, Newlyweds Rachel (left) and Brendon (right) must search the Neon Boneyard for the next clue on the season finale of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Sonja Flemming/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Caroline and Jennifer in The Amazing Race Season Finale
In this Route Marker, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must search the Neon Boneyard for the next clue on the season finale of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Sonja Flemming/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Landing on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on The Amazing Race Season Finale
In this Road Block, Caroline (right) must skydive while wearing a high tech light suit onto the Las Vegas Motor Speedway then, with her teammate Jennifer (left), race to the finish line on the season finale of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Sonja Flemming/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:30:53 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2014, 12:49:40 PM »
Wow that is very late :P
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2014, 02:24:27 AM »
Were you surprised at how upset Dave and Connor were about getting U-Turned? That's a totally legitimate move, regardless of what Brendon and Rachel's reason is.
Keoghan: Yeah. .. I think the fact that Dave has used his age as an excuse is sort of ridiculous. If anything — and I would say this directly to him because I have a lot of respect for him in terms of his fitness — I actually tweeted it, "C'mon, Dave. Enough complaining about how you're older. You're kicking people's ass who are half your age." He has consistently beaten people younger than him, so the whole age factor should not be something that is coming out of his mouth. He is very fit and quite frankly, I wish he had embraced the age thing more, like, "Hey, I'm older, but I'm kicking your ass!" I'm not a fan of age discrimination, but I think by making a statement like that, he plays into it.

It's like he's using it whenever it's convenient.

THIS. Phil is my new hero.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2014, 03:44:31 AM »
OMG, Philgod pouring some truth tea. <333
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:09:20 AM by David »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2014, 06:39:34 AM »
Phil is amazing ^
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax