Author Topic: TAR 24 Ep 11 "Hei Ho Heidi Ho" Liverpool, England, and Wales  (Read 21980 times)

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 Ep 11 "Hei Ho Heidi Ho" Liverpool, England, and Wales
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »
Oh no. Leo and Jamal don't look too happy at the Pit Stop.  :'(
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

MrDeerShank

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2014, 05:44:27 PM »
The press pictures are available on the CBS website (I can't copy them over as I'm currently on my phone)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 06:12:38 PM »
CBS PRESS PICS!

"Hei Ho Heidi Ho" Season 24 Episode 11
In this Active Route Marker, Father/Son team David (left) and Connor (right) must drive themselves to Anfield Stadium, change into team uniforms and score a penalty kick against a Liverpool F.C. goalie in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

David and Connor Season 24 Episode 11
Father/Son team David (left) and Connor (right) check in at the Pit Stop at Peckforton Castle in Wales on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserve

Leo and Jamal in Season 24 Episode 11
In this Active Route Marker, Cousins Leo (center) and Jamal (right) must drive themselves to Anfield Stadium, change into team uniforms and score a penalty kick against a Liverpool F.C. goalie in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Rachel and Brendon in Season 24 Episode 11
Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) depart Seville, Spain and head toward Liverpool, England on the eleventh leg of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jamal in Season 24 Episode 11
In this Road Block, Jamal (left) must memorize a traditional Welsh poem, then travel via boat across the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. Once on the other side, he must recite the poem in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Brendon and Rachel in Season 24 Episode 11
Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) depart Seville, Spain and head toward Liverpool, England on the eleventh leg of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Leo and Jamal in Season 24 Episode 11
Cousins Leo (left) and Jamal (right) check in at the Pit Stop at Peckforton Castle in Wales on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Brendon in Season 24 Episode 11
In this Road Block, Brendon (right) must memorize a traditional Welsh poem, then travel via boat across the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. Once on the other side, he must recite the poem in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Brendon and Rachel in Season 24 Episode 11
At the Detour Decision Point, Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) must dress in traditional country atire and choose between "Shoot It" and "Boot It" on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Caroline and Jennifer in Season 24 Episode 11
In this Active Route Marker, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must drive themselves to Anfield Stadium, change into team uniforms and score a penalty kick against a Liverpool F.C. goalie in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Caroline in Season 24 Episode 11
In this Road Block, Caroline (left) must memorize a traditional Welsh poem, then travel via boat across the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. Once on the other side, she must recite the poem in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Caroline and Jennifer in Season 24 Episode 11
In this Road Block, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must memorize a traditional Welsh poem, then travel via boat across the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. Once on the other side, Caroline must recite the poem in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Dave and Connor in Season 24 Episode 11
Father/Son team David (left) and Connor (right) make their way to the next location on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

MrDeerShank

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »
Found the bridge where the cluebox is for the Roadblock:

This bridge is found on the Llangolen Canal near the village of Llangolen in Denbigshire, Wales! :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 06:56:09 PM »
Good Job MrDS!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 06:46:43 AM »
On the oft chance that the airport in Liverpool is not used, it is only 36 miles from the Manchester airport to Anfield Stadium.
Matthew 7:15

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2014, 07:00:37 AM »
On the oft chance that the airport in Liverpool is not used, it is only 36 miles from the Manchester airport to Anfield Stadium.

And 18 points in front!  :funny:

There are flights from Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Mallorca to Liverpool

Manchester only has flights from Barcelona, Girona, Ibiza, Lleida–Alguaire, Malaga and Tenerife-South   

I suspect they take a train to Madrid, because Brenchel's photo shows them in some kind of train (probably the AVE), and with distance so close I think the producers might not want connecting flights, so I think will they fly to Liverpool.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:07:58 PM by redskevin88 »

MrDeerShank

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2014, 08:01:45 AM »
I can't imagine them flying to Manchester to then be going directly to Liverpool - it would seem a waste considering there's both Old Trafford and the Etihad Stadium, both of which are more likely regarded as more worldwide stadia than Anfield :lol:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2014, 09:50:20 AM »
Nice find, MrDS! Street view here.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2014, 09:52:07 AM »
 :funny:  Looks like Brenchel are on the AVE High Speed Train in Spain.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2014, 12:39:08 PM »
There's a new preview up on the CBS website! :) (Geographically blocked so I can't post it :()

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2014, 10:08:56 PM »
:funny:  Looks like Brenchel are on the AVE High Speed Train in Spain.

Lucky guess. So Madrid > Liverpool then?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »
There's a new preview up on the CBS website! :) (Geographically blocked so I can't post it :()
Just Rachel sobbing because she didn't read the clue....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline PC0828

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2014, 03:03:09 PM »
If anyone's intrested, I thought that I could give som fun info on the last episode. The two goalies who tried to save the penalty shots on Anfield was two goalies from Liverpool FCs youth squad, Ryan Crump and Andrew Firth. They would be considred as the best goalies in the Club, after the first team goalies Simon Mignolet, Brad Jones and Danny Ward. Links to thier Bio are below.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/ryan-crump
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/andrew-firth

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »
Thanks for the ID. I know of people elsewhere on the net who were wondering.
-- theschnauzers