Author Topic: TAR 24 Ep 11 "Hei Ho Heidi Ho" Liverpool, England, and Wales  (Read 21940 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 24 Ep 11 "Hei Ho Heidi Ho" Liverpool, England, and Wales
« on: April 27, 2014, 01:56:02 PM »
Location confirmation thanks to Claude!

Title find thanks to Claude as well!  :conf:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:59:26 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24 Ep 11 (**) Liverpool, England, and Wales
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 01:56:11 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24 Ep 11 (**) Liverpool, England, and Wales
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 01:56:23 PM »
No posting except for Oval please
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 Ep 11 "Hei Ho Heidi Ho" Liverpool, England, and Wales
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »
Leg 11: Seville, Spain → Liverpool, England → Wales

FILM DATES: December 3
AIR DATE: May 11

ROUTE INFO:  Travel to Liverpool, England

TRANSPORT:   Unknown

ROUTE INFO:  Anfield Stadium
 !  TASK:   Shoot penalty goal against Liverpool FC Goalie

ROUTE INFO:  Unknown
ROADBLOCK:  Memorise Welsh poem, travel across Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and recite it

DETOUR A:      Shoot It
 !  TASK:   Skeet shooting

DETOUR B:      Boot It
 !  TASK:   Welly throwing

PITSTOP:Peckforton Castle

:yes:  SAFE:
Unknown

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:55:06 AM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 03:52:04 PM »
Saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 03:52:18 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 03:52:48 PM »
No posting except for Alenaveda please
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 06:26:41 PM »
Preview.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcubTEhDVcU?hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wcubTEhDVcU?hl=es_</a>
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:08:20 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 06:28:22 PM »
Caps from the preview.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:11:51 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 06:29:57 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:14:25 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 10:15:05 AM »
Preview and caps are up!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
Our cute little red mascot is The Mighty Red, who is the main mascot for Liverpool FC and features quite heavily in a lot of the advertisements aimed at younger people :)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 08:10:07 PM »
The letters L.F.C. are at Anfield, which is the home of Liverpool F.C. And the white logo on the seated chairs is Standard Chartered.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »
The soccer challenge must be ARI or Dave and Connor switch the Detour, right? We saw them doing the soccer and Phil told us that they and Country girls did the shooting challenge.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 10:57:13 PM »
The soccer challenge must be ARI or Dave and Connor switch the Detour, right? We saw them doing the soccer and Phil told us that they and Country girls did the shooting challenge.

Detour looks to be wellie chucking vs skeet shooting and in Wales; the Anfield task could either be an ARI or an RB as Leo is seen scoring from the penalty spot and Jamal seems to be cheering (although that might not necessarily mean they both did it)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 12:14:14 PM »
One Thing is that they went to Rome, without going to Vatican City. But if They go to Liverpool, without something with The Beatles. I`am gonna be so sad  :'( :'( :'( :'(!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »
One Thing is that they went to Rome, without going to Vatican City. But if They go to Liverpool, without something with The Beatles. I`am gonna be so sad  :'( :'( :'( :'(!!!!
Sadly, it seems that they will go to Liverpool w/out doing anything Beatles-related.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline mjharmstone

• RFF Jr. Member
    • You Are Team No. Podcast
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 10:12:17 AM »
I'd hazard a guess that the detour takes place in Cheshire - it doesn't look very Welsh to me!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 11:16:35 AM »
I can offer up a potential for the house but I'm really not sure on it at all - Bodidris Hall? Found near Pontcysyllte Aqueduct in Llandegla, Wrexham, this "house" looks potentially promising, although my one worry is the foliage growing on the exterior - from the very obscured views of it, I can't see whether there is anything growing on it at all :(

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 04:41:28 PM »
CBS Press Release:

IN THE PENULTIMATE LEG OF THE RACE, THE REMAINING FOUR TEAMS BATTLE FOR A SPOT IN THE FINAL THREE, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, MAY 11
“Hei Ho Heidi Ho” – The final four teams are in Liverpool, England, where they experience a once-in-a-lifetime shoot-out at the historic Anfield Stadium, home of the Liverpool FC. Meanwhile, one team misreads a clue and jeopardizes their chances at making the final three, on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.  The season finale of THE AMAZING RACE airs Sunday, May 18.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 07:04:19 PM »
Press photo captions:

"Hei Ho Heidi Ho"--Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) depart Seville, Spain and head toward Liverpool, England on the eleventh leg of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Hei Ho Heidi Ho"--In this Road Block, Jamal (left) must memorize a traditional Welsh poem, then travel via boat across the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. Once on the other side, he must recite the poem in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11

"Hei Ho Heidi Ho"--In this Active Route Marker, Cousins Leo (center) and Jamal (right) must drive themselves to Anfield Stadium, change into team uniforms and score a penalty kick against a Liverpool F.C. goalie in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11

"Hei Ho Heidi Ho"--In this Active Route Marker, Father/Son team David (left) and Connor (right) must drive themselves to Anfield Stadium, change into team uniforms and score a penalty kick against a Liverpool F.C. goalie in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11

"Hei Ho Heidi Ho"--In this Road Block, Caroline (left) must memorize a traditional Welsh poem, then travel via boat across the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. Once on the other side, she must recite the poem in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11

"Hei Ho Heidi Ho"--At the Detour Decision Point, Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) must dress in traditional country atire and choose between "Shoot It" and "Boot It" on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11

"Hei Ho Heidi Ho"--Cousins Leo (left) and Jamal (right) check in at the Pit Stop at Peckforton Castle in Wales on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 11

See the pics here:

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/photos?q=amazing race
RFF's Golden Rule:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 07:10:11 PM »
Full view of Peckforton Castle:

It looks gorgeous! And in Peckforton, Cheshire, ENGLAND ...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:15:58 PM by MrDS »

MrDeerShank

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 08:13:21 PM »
And Pontcysyllte Aqueduct is built above the River Dee in Wrexham, as well as having it's own canal built above it which is the Llangolen Canal, which looks more likely to be the body of water they must travel across:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 08:25:29 PM »
Map of current places so far (it's nothing fancy...):

The dashed line represents the border of England and Wales, so they drive into Wales and then head back out again to go to the Pit Stop

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 11:39:53 PM »
Poor Wales. All this time for an hour?? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule: