Author Topic: TAR Canada 2 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 110278 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts:

Guidelines:

If you are posting a tweet, please post the actual tweet, the tweet time, the twitter user name is optional. If you remove it, please copy me the name.

For FB posts, please remove the FB name, but please send Peach (or me) the name and link for our records.

It is also wise to take a screenshot of any posts you want to see again, they disappear quickly.

Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it. Rest assured that we try to follow up on all twitters/sightings.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM or email Peach (or me) to ask before you post.

If you are bringing us a live sighting, :tu !! But please do  help us as much as you can with WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what color they are wearing is helpful) WHAT are they doing, WHERE (as exactly as possible..street? airport gate? be specific!), WHEN (what time zone?, exact time), and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

And even though we all get excited, please, once we have a possible location, take the discussion to the Speculation or Location threads and leave the Twitter zone free for incoming info! :ty3:

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you are welcome to PM walkingpneumonia or Peach. You can also email Peach if my inbox is full or just if you prefer, my email is in my profile. Your confidentiality will be respected.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:51:46 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada

Tweet from ‏@kendy_ra

Pretty sure I just saw Amazing Race Canada teams at the #yyz airport. They denied it but I'm almost positive they were lying.

5:43 AM - 25 Apr 2014

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Whoo Boy!! :hearts:

Based on some recent moves we were thinking another week...but full alert JIC!!

:tu Sue!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Another sighting on a flight to Calgary!

Kelsey Webb ‏@kelseyjlwebb 27m
I love playing detective. On the same plane to Calgary from Toronto with the Amazing Race Canada cast #knewit #matchingoutfits #dufflebags
8:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time (Western US) - 25 Apr 2014

I'm wondering if she was on a flight earlier in the day since there were several Air Canada flights from Toronto to Calgary that would have arrived much earlier than this. There were several Westjet flights too, but I assume they are still flying Air Canada as much as possible this season. Perhaps they were provided flights to let the production staff to arrive and get set up, film intros, etc. before the teams show up.

There was also an interesting tweet about a sighting in Melbourne, Australia but I knew TAR Canada couldn't have gotten to Australia this fast!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:59:21 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada

I love playing detective. On the same plane to Calgary from Toronto with the Amazing Race Canada cast #knewit #matchingoutfits #dufflebags

I'm wondering if she was on a flight earlier in the day since there were several Air Canada flights from Toronto to Calgary that would have arrived much earlier than this. There were several Westjet flights too, but I assume they are still flying Air Canada as much as possible this season. Perhaps they were provided flights to let the production staff to arrive and get set up, film intros, etc. before the teams show up.

There was also an interesting tweet about a sighting in Melbourne, Australia but I knew TAR Canada couldn't have gotten to Australia this fast!

The thing is...this is a huge time difference from that first sighting this morning, if real. Is it possible this is cast and crew traveling to the start line location? Calgary is often a connection for Vancouver. What was the tweet from Melbourne? Remember last year...the crew were spotted in Lunenberg several days in advance? And I think they went there right from Q.C. while the teams went to Nunavut. 

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

The thing is...this is a huge time difference from that first sighting this morning, if real. Is it possible this is cast and crew traveling to the start line location? Calgary is often a connection for Vancouver. What was the tweet from Melbourne? Remember last year...the crew were spotted in Lunenberg several days in advance? And I think they went there right from Q.C. while the teams went to Nunavut.

The time difference bothers me too, but Kelsey may have been busy after getting back to Calgary and didn't tweet about it for several hours after she arrived with the teams. I've asked her for more details, but she hasn't responded yet.

I think it's very possible they could be connecting to somewhere else, but if they were going to Vancouver, I think they would probably take a direct flight from Toronto. There were several that arrived earlier than the tweet suggests. You may be right about the starting line not being in Toronto and this is a flight delivering them to the starting line. I hadn't thought of that.

Anyway, here's the tweet from Australia. It doesn't sound like production staff. I think it's likely a local race unless TAR Vietnam or one of the other TAR Asia versions is filming.

Amy Mayhew ‏@mayhewamy 4h
Casually bumping into and hanging with guys that are on the amazing race while they are attempting their mission #melbournelove
6:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time (Western US Time) - 25 Apr 2014

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Keith Dow ‏@keidow 1h

Natalie Spooner and Meaghan Mikkelson filming for Amazing Race Canada! (on Instagram: http://ift.tt/1rygRXt  ) pic.twitter.com/40gC8dWend 6:50 PM - 26 Apr 2014

6:50 PM - 26 Apr 2014

Bonita Perko ‏@bonesnos 2h

I spy with my little eye 4 @amazingraceCDA teams getting ready to board MY flight from Calgary to… http://instagram.com/p/nRj9OZD04z/ 6:12 PM - 26 Apr 2014

Alyssa Zeisler ‏@a_zeisler 4h

Amazing Race Canada filming at #YYC! Yea, you check that map... @ Calgary International Airport (YYC) http://instagram.com/p/nRYJb5oo7a/ 4:29 PM - 26 Apr 2014

Spooner and Mikkelson were on the CDN Womens Olympic hockey team so they were very identifiable. There are more tweets coming in and I am trying to grab the pics too. So it was a Calgary start today?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Rhea Woolgar ‏@mizwooly 34 min

What are they filming at #yvr ? The #amazingrace ? If so, teams are pretty chill camera men seem stressed.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

GirlPower ‏@urstrong  3h
@AmazingRaceCDA is at the #yyc airport!! Crossing my fingers they're on my flight to Vancouver! So cool!! pic.twitter.com/3R0yF1ZWvm

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Those two hockey players are gold medalists from Sochi!

Production

Bonita Perko ‏@bonesnos  3h
And the camera crew. Gotta give those guy credit too. @AmazingRaceCDA #AmazingRaceCanada pic.twitter.com/2G1X5NsFp6

Bonita Perko ‏@bonesnos  1h
And they're off! @amazingraceCDA #gottafindthecluebox http://instagram.com/p/nRxIs0D09k

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Here's Keith Dow's pic:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Matt Lambert ‏@cardeo 33 s

Think I just walked by filming of amazing race at YVR

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What are they filming at #yvr ? The #amazingrace ? If so, teams are pretty chill camera men seem stressed.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
This is Alyssa Zeisler's:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Bonita Perko's pic from the first sigthing:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Bonita Perko ‏@bonesnos  7m
@LeafsfanRFF no idea, but they all got in a shuttle bus together. #AmazingRaceCanada

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Just acting on a hunch and putting it out there...I thought where in Calgary could they have started from?  Apparently there was a spontaneous low level helicopter flight approved over The Calgary Olympic Park (Winter 1988).

Ward Sutherland ‏@Ward4Ward1 15h
FYI, City of Calgary approved for a low level helicopter fly over Canada Olympic Park on April 26 to promote film #yyc 7:00 AM - 26 Apr 2014

....apparently the weather was bad there

There was also this:

Brendan Henry ‏@Ladon
Just headed to the Calgary Olympic Park to get a tour, got rudely pushed into an elevator. Not welcome? Not open? @WinSportCanada
    1:31 PM - 26 Apr 2014

I will dig around some more.

Offline keidow

• RFF Newbie
Thanks for the credit. Meaghan asked me If I knew anything about Victoria... Just sayin'

I didn't, unfortunately :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Can you tell us more about the whole sighting? No detail is too small for THIS crew!! :funny:

:bigwelcome to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Bonita Perko ‏@bonesnos  · 2h 
@keidow so fun having them on our flight huh? Rex Harrington, famous from the Cdn dance community is also a contestant.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tori ‏@LunnTori  55m
Lol, I think the Amazing Race Canada contestants are on the same flight, should I run off the plane too?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Stephanie Pound          @poundofsteph        Amazing Race Canada is filming downtown! We saw the cluebox outside the Empress!3:12 PM - 27 Apr 2014
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Bonita Perko ‏@bonesnos  59s
@LeafsfanRFF We believe the shuttle was taking them to route info/some destination in Vancouver - perhaps they were heading to hotel 4 night

Bonita Perko ‏@bonesnos  now
@LeafsfanRFF definitely 4 teams perhaps a 5th, but it was hard to tell if they were contestants or with the crew. @AmazingRaceCDA

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Stephanie Pound ‏@poundofsteph  20m
Amazing Race Canada is filming downtown! We saw the cluebox outside the Empress!

Empress is a hotel in Victoria!

A file photo of the hotel (too big to post here -_-):
http://i.imgur.com/Sj9xH69.jpg

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing race canada at the airport
All hands on deck
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!