Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 8 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 31635 times)

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
Lolololo Dave and Connor are so whiny and bitter... Get over yourself you got u-turned ... It's the amazing race. I can bet that they would do the same thing had it been the other way around....

Bill and Cathi were a team of 60 years old that got u-turned and they didnt even whine about it once

And afghannimals finally had a final 3 alliance lol ... 
Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Lolololo Dave and Connor are so whiny and bitter... Get over yourself you got u-turned ... It's the amazing race. I can bet that they would do the same thing had it been the other way around....

Bill and Cathi were a team of 60 years old that got u-turned and they didnt even whine about it once

Meredith & Gretchen!
Gretchen had her head busted open and reached Final 4!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Meredith & Gretchen!

Still one of the best old couples ever <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

Meredith & Gretchen!

Fran and Barry! Winning that gruelling Oman leg!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com

Meredith & Gretchen!

Fran and Barry! Winning that gruelling Oman leg!
Don carried Nic to the final 3 and he was 68!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We do have a PREVIOUS Seasons discussion thread. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Sorry Peach :lol:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Some flashbacks just like Beekman flashback this episode  :funny:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Wow, I really Hate DC's attitude towards the U-Turn.... :groan: Like, what, if you're old, you should not get U-Turned? :lol: I wonder if Dave understands his own logic there or if he just likes being bitter :res:
I'm looking forward to see Brenchel vs. CaroJen feud escalating, I mean it's interesting to find out more about that.. But otherwise I really hate that sort of conspiracy against Brenchel.

AND C'MON, probably the one thing I hate MOST on the amazing race is when everybody just helps each other out, as if it was a collecting money for charity event and not a race where one team is going to win $1M...  :res: :res:

And I didn't really like this whole leg, too. I mean it was beautiful and because of that at least better than the urban China legs, but the tasks didn't seem to shuffle the teams or cause placement drama. Or is that just because FT & BE were so far behind?...

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
We never saw the teams going to the deep well in Orvieto. Probably a RI edited out of the episode?

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
We never saw the teams going to the deep well in Orvieto. Probably a RI edited out of the episode?

If it didn't change any placements then it would of gotten edited out which is a shame.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I wonder how that could've happened..? I mean, every time the teams got their next clue, they said "proceed to [location]". So if it is all so coherent, you can't just insert a RI in or out. Does anyone get what I'm saying? :funny:

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
C'MON BRENCHEEEEEL! <3

Finally, a driving leg!

Ughh... I really hate Dave & Connor... What do they think? This is The Amazing Race! One million dollars! :/ (On the next leg, Caroline & Jennifer are bad with Brenchel too, so... I hate them too. :D)
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I wonder how that could've happened..? I mean, every time the teams got their next clue, they said "proceed to [location]". So if it is all so coherent, you can't just insert a RI in or out. Does anyone get what I'm saying? :funny:

I get what you are saying, I'm not sure either UNLESS they go to the well at the very start of the next leg/
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Let's hope so!
Oh, and btw, I also want to point out that I'm at least happy this was a self-driving leg, it's much needed :wohoo: Imagine what gold drama CBS could create if they did a self-driving leg at F9-F8 :yess:

and P.S., I really don't know where to post this, but I'm partially mad I watched it live, because I accidentally saw in the commercial who went home in last week's Survivor and I hadn't watched that episode yet :'(

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
AND C'MON, probably the one thing I hate MOST on the amazing race is when everybody just helps each other out, as if it was a collecting money for charity event and not a race where one team is going to win $1M...  :res: :res:

This! And that's probably why I love Jet & Cord - they're so self-sufficient team.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
Well, I like this leg a lot, with beautiful scenery, self-driving and drama, this is what a classic TAR episode should be. No wonder CaroJen said "Amazing Race Again" as they also realised there's no self-driving elements so far!! I really hope producers can get back moreself-driving like 3-4 legs in a season again.

I understand the Dave/Connor hate by causal viewers, but I don't think they're bad. Dave should have held his temper but sometimes people can really get mad with this kind of things. Maybe he thinks he's nice to everyone so not expected to be u-turn, or he thinks cowboys should be the target as they got the express pass. Anyway I am ok with Dave's reaction so far, Connor on the other hand handled quite well. Also, I think they deserved some credit for figuring out the wooden toy trick, I am sure no one except cowboys could have figured that out, it showed them really reading the clue and used their brains. As soon as FT/BE chose to do this, I am 100% sure they could not figure that out!

Strategically Brenchel is doing right to u-turn Dave/Connor, but it seems Brendon starts being arrogant now and I don't really like that, Rachel on the other hand took the blame for the u-turn while this was not her decision lol

Though many people hate Dave/Connor now, I think it speaks a lot for them when all other teams (cowboys, CaroJen, Leo/Jamal) are nice to them and showed sympathy for them being u-turned. Leo/Jamal even were not mad at them, so I think Dave/Connor must be really nice to everyone.

I agree with other posters here that there should be less helping each other, but sometimes it's a bit difficult because as we see in this leg the situation just made people hard to reject getting/offering help? It's obvious that the help could benefit both sides (for D/C and L/J detour and D/C and C/J driving direction), and so funny that D/C keep seeing C/J even they were not always in same place, C/J are really lucky to be honest.

Happy that FT/BE finally gone. I don't like them being back again from the start and they did really poorly this season as well, and a RB like this would definitely kick them out of the game.

So interested to see what the final 3 alliance turns out! I think we are due to have some drama this season! So far I am ok for anyone winning except Brenchel, they are not bad but I prefer other 4 teams more.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:31:18 AM by serendipity »

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
DAVE AND CONNOR UGH SRSLY STOP :res:
OMG YESS and the country singers too, they don't even deserve to still be in the race.  :gaah: :gaah: :res:

CaroJen DESERVE to still be in it. At least they're a likeable team.

In my opinion the singers don't deserve to be in the race - they are definitely NOT all stars and they don't do almost nothing on they own on the race. Being likeable souldn't mean nothing in the case of deserving...

I was pretty happy when I found out CaroJen were asked back. And, although they might not be as Strong or Competitive as teams like the Cowboys, they deserve to be there just as much as anyone else!
They made the final 4 in their original season (even though that may have been from piggybacking off Bates & Anthony) but lets face it, what other Post UB F/F teams did CBS have to choose from? Other then Pwinnie, none.  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OMG YESS and the country singers too, they don't even deserve to still be in the race.  :gaah: :gaah: :res:

In my opinion the singers don't deserve to be in the race - they are definitely NOT all stars and they don't do almost nothing on they own on the race. Being likeable souldn't mean nothing in the case of deserving...

I was pretty happy when I found out CaroJen were asked back. And, although they might not be as Strong or Competitive as teams like the Cowboys, they deserve to be there just as much as anyone else!
They made the final 4 in their original season (even though that may have been from piggybacking off Bates & Anthony) but lets face it, what other Post UB F/F teams did CBS have to choose from? Other then Pwinnie, none.  ???

Nicky & Kim?
Kaylani & Lisa?
Liz & Marie?
:P

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
IMO, The leg is one of the best overall for this season.
The detour is great! Having donkeys in TAR has never been disappointing. :lol: Even the fake donkeys puzzled the teams.
The roadblock difficulty is also great.
So about the the leg...
1.) Intro... :res:
2.) I have mixed opinions for the Brenchel vs Dave & Connor.
For Brenchel's part, I think Brendan is right with his decision with explanation, but they should've U-turned the cowboys (still strategic IMO, but U-turning D&C was more strategic). :lol: But oh well, it added some drama anyway.
For Dave & Connor's part, I noticed that Dave kept mentioning his age and being U-turned. I can relate this situation from TAR19's 2nd W-turn. Ernie & Cindy made a similar decision with a legit reasoning, and the team who received their U-turn was old too (and they were older than Dave IIRC). I'm glad that the older team kept their cool, and I wish Dave kept his cool too. :(
Brenchel not telling Dave & Connor extra info when the latter asked the former could most likely be the former's strategy, but Brenchel U-turning Dave & Connor made things definitely worse for both teams. :(
My conclusion: Brenchel not giving Dave & Connor extra info would've been okay especially since it's "strategy," but the former U-turning the latter made the latter think of former as the big bad team. So... if Brenchel had given extra info to them, then U-turned them... I think that's better. :funny:
3.) The Afghanimals assuming that they would be U-turned was :funny: , but at least they made the right assumption. I'm glad the Afghanimlas survived 3 U-turns. :funny: I wanna see more U-turning to them, but it would definitely be painful for them to take in another. BTW, Dave & Connor's U-turning choice was :groan: . They wasted their U-turn power IMO.
4.) Hooray self-driving leg! :conf: This is an element that makes the leg very likable (at least for me), because teams could get lost, or have problem with the vehicle, or if it's manual, or etc...
5.) The donkey building was pretty tricky, and I like it. :)
6.) I don't really like 3-peaters, but the 3 teams have tried to bring out something (like mild humor).
7.) The cowboy hats and the monks. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: I can't stop forgetting that part. The monks look really funny. We should have that on the photobook thread in the future. :) (Was that the name of the thread? I remember it was the one with the most memorable TAR pics.)
8.) I am neutral with the Globetrotters. The self-driving was one of the elements that got rid of them. Them being dinkey victims was another. :lol: I don't even think they saw a team for the whole leg (besides the Afghanimals I guess since they were just a minute apart at the pit stop).

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster

Nicky & Kim?
Kaylani & Lisa?
Liz & Marie?

OK, Firstly I don't know HOW I forgot the Bunnies!!!  :funny:
They 100% should have been asked back, but I'm putting down their dismissal to one thing - All-Stars was cast before TAR23 aired, so CBS probably didn't realise how big a fan favourite they would become.  :'(

As for Liz & Marie, and Kaylani & Lisa, neither team did ANYTHING memorable at all, apart from Kaylani losing her Passport, and that's definitely not a reason to be labelled All-Stars.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Dave & Connor: While Connor is still an okay racer, (despite quitting roadblock threat), Dave is now the worst Racer EVEEEEER. They get U-Turned, and he complains about U-Turning a 60 year old man. Bill & Cathi were 63 when they ran TAR19 and got U-Turned, and they just dealt with it. Dave just whines a LOT. They finished in fourth anyway, so why complain? Their U-Turn logic of U-Turning the Afghanimals instead of Jet & Cord was incredibly stupid as well. They are being called "class acts", as far as I know, class acts don't whine like that.

Agree 150%

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Nicky & Kim?
Kaylani & Lisa?
Liz & Marie?

They 100% should have been asked back, but I'm putting down their dismissal to one thing - All-Stars was cast before TAR23 aired, so CBS probably didn't realise how big a fan favourite they would become.  :'(

As for Liz & Marie, and Kaylani & Lisa, neither team did ANYTHING memorable at all, apart from Kaylani losing her Passport, and that's definitely not a reason to be labelled All-Stars.

Tim & Marie were asked for All Stars, so Bunnies was just snubbed :(

Well, Kaylisa and Liz/Marie deserve it more than threepearpters at least  :funny:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster

Nicky & Kim?
Kaylani & Lisa?
Liz & Marie?

Tim & Marie were asked for All Stars, so Bunnies was just snubbed :(

Well, Kaylisa and Liz/Marie deserve it more than threepearpters at least  :funny:

I would much rather see the Bunnies than TiMarie again, even though I  :luvya: Marie. :lol:

I might be condemned for saying this but I'm in the minority on the 3-Peat Issue.  I was really excited to see Cowboys, Globes and Mallory back. I think it's because UB is my favourite season, and it helped me reminisce too an earlier time, a happier time, a better time.  :funny:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
In retrospect, The Cowboys misplayed their Express Pass in this episode.  The should have seen how quickly they could have done a Detour before handing over the Express Pass.  I would have liked to see them ride the donkeys (and they could have easily done the build a donkey task).  The Roadblock seemed like it took longer.

What I found even more interesting, is that neither one of the Cowboys second guessed the timing of their Express Pass use.