Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 8 SHOW updates and commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 31618 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
DAVE AND CONNOR UGH SRSLY STOP :res:
OMG YESS and the country singers too, they don't even deserve to still be in the race.  :gaah: :gaah: :res:

CaroJen DESERVE to still be in it. At least they're a likeable team.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Ugh CaroJen and Afghanimals please don't do this :(((((((

Please still be epic next week!

Quoted for truthfact!
It's Clobbering Time!

MrDeerShank

CLEANING A HOTEL ROOM WHAT KIND OF TASK IS THAT

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
CLEANING A HOTEL ROOM WHAT KIND OF TASK IS THAT

THIS WTF THEYRE IN SWITZERLAND AND THIS HAPPENS EW EW EW

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
OMG YESS and the country singers too, they don't even deserve to still be in the race.  :gaah: :gaah: :res:

In my opinion the singers don't deserve to be in the race - they are definitely NOT all stars and they don't do almost nothing on they own on the race. Being likeable souldn't mean nothing in the case of deserving...

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ugh I hated every single word that came out of Dave & Connor's mouths this episode and the Final 3 alliance looks terrible, I hate the Brenchel hate. :res: :res: :res: :res:

Plus why are Dave and Connor making Brenchel plural, I don't get it.

The episode was meh and very anticlimactic with the globetrotters going, plus I hated all of the teams working together, it's all stars, when will they stop?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

In my opinion the singers don't deserve to be in the race - they are definitely NOT all stars and they don't do almost nothing on they own on the race. Being likeable souldn't mean nothing in the case of deserving...

Country IS Competitive. In Malaysia 2 they aced the DJ Detour and beat out the entire second flight. In Rome RB, they HELPED Dave & Connor and did the task themselves. In Sri Lanka 1, they just got 2nd and would be first had they not helped Dave & Connor. Country is a stronger team that just deserves more credit.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

A lot of the other teams didn't deserve to be on the race either such as Jess/John (even though I loved them this race) and Joey & Meghan. Unfortunately we can't change the casting but it appears that our voice may be heard about the casting and such through the ratings. Hell I mean the casuals are turning on Dave & Connor. A team that they loved in the last season.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Dave & Connor <3 Afghanimals <3 Country girls <3

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

Country IS Competitive. In Malaysia 2 they aced the DJ Detour and beat out the entire second flight. In Rome RB, they HELPED Dave & Connor and did the task themselves. In Sri Lanka 1, they just got 2nd and would be first had they not helped Dave & Connor. Country is a stronger team that just deserves more credit.

What did they help Dave & Connor in this leg?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Jen worked together with Connor at the RB.

MrDeerShank

The shirt sewing

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

The sewing Roadblock

Offline TheWorldIsWaiting24

• RFF Not So Newbie
Just a separate question, I'm a little confused: Didn't Jet and Cord step on the u-turn mat before Dave and Connor? I'm thinking back to TAR18 when Kent and Vyxsin u-turned Jaime and Cara. So since they stepped on first, shouldn't they have had first pick and not have to worry about being u-turned?  ???

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Working together means Jen helped Connor?
Sorry but Connor finished the task even 30 minutes before Jen.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
How about last leg when jen literally show dave the answer at the rb.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

I don't question last leg? I question Sri Lanka 1.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
LEG 8 (Italy) EPISODE ANALYSIS:
So it's the eighth episode and we've only visited exactly four countries thus far. How simultaneously disappointing and cheap. On the other hand, I really liked the tasks this episode much better than Rome's because I felt the navigation and tasks are tougher. Orvieto's landscape is absolutely stunning with majestic hills and architecture, reminding me of the time TAR12 visited the city of Vinci in Tuscany. As for the teams, might I say Brendon & Rachel is the only team left who UNDERSTANDS the point of a RACE and using tools given as an advantage. The rest of the teams are aligning, helping other teams obsessively, and ganging up against a specific team like in Big Brother. It makes me sick seeing how barely any teams are cutthroat this time around, especially since it's an all-stars season when I was expecting drama here, drama there, tough tasks, tough tasks, everywhere.

DETOUR: (Donkey Ride or Donkey Build)
In Donkey Ride, teams had to ride a donkey around a course made on a piazza... familiar concept anyone *cough*remote control*cough*? Despite the luck of teams getting a bad or good donkey, this task was decent. However, itshould have been made miscellaneous instead of a Detour choice since it didn't serve anything rather special in my opinion. On the latter, Donkey Build was surprisingly pretty good. I never thought a couple of teams would forget to put the basket on the side of the wooden donkey. The task itself was kind of boring though. Flight Time's waste of time questioning the toy judge made me enjoy the awkwardness between them. :lol: Comparing both tasks side by side, I felt the combination was well-balanced.
DETOUR SCORE: 7/10

ROADBLOCK:
A nice gift for Easter Sunday indeed. The calligraphy Roadblock was decent simply because the manuscript copying is basically a generic "did it follow the replica" concept, but I loved watching teams staying quieter than usual and embracing the art. I would have liked to see
a delivery of the manuscript to a folklore figure in the Italian woods to give this task a lot more energy and frustration.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 8/10

OTHER SCORES:
LEG DIFFICULTY: 7/10
TEAM DRAMA: 10/10
U-TURN SCORE: 5/10 (The helping has got to stop!)
DONKEYLICIOUS QUOTE: 9/10 (As much as I miss classic TAR quotes)
OVERALL SCORE: 8/10
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member

i don't question sri lanka leg. I just show that dave and connor use a lot of helps from caro & jen too and by the way dave & connor arrived at the rb at least 30 minutes before caro & jen at sri lanka leg so your statement mean almost nothing.

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
Ugh I hated every single word that came out of Dave & Connor's mouths this episode and the Final 3 alliance looks terrible, I hate the Brenchel hate. :res: :res: :res: :res:

Plus why are Dave and Connor making Brenchel plural, I don't get it.

The episode was meh and very anticlimactic with the globetrotters going, plus I hated all of the teams working together, it's all stars, when will they stop?

Dave needs to stop being petty. I never would have figured I would go to disliking a team that quickly. Everything he said this leg made it look like he wants things handed to him. First the U-Turn (and they should have U-Turned the Cowboys), and then arguing with Connor over the Roadblock. Unnecessary.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

i don't question sri lanka leg. I just show that dave and connor use a lot of helps from caro & jen too and by the way dave & connor arrived at the rb at least 30 minutes before caro & jen at sri lanka leg so your statement mean almost nothing.

I don't say Dave & Connor did not get helped from Jen & Caroline. They did. But they also helped the Country girls.
And about that sewing task, please show me how Jen helped Connor in that task or they just showed us the alliance between them?

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
Can someone call Dave & Connor and CaroJen the Whahbulance? I find it funny that they can make fun of Rachel, yet they can't do anything on their own whereas Rachel can.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Leg 8 Review:

The Leg: I liked it for what it was. The Detour was pretty good. Donkey Run was pretty hilarious, most especially with Brendon & Rachel and the Globes. The other Detour looked REALLY easy, but the bottom part of the donkey was a tricky clue that was a nice touch. It is still STILL way too easy for it to be a U-Turn Detour though. The Roadblock was very very boring and used team drama to make it a better task. Overall, a good leg, and the episode itself would be in the Top 4 of the season. (Leg 6, Leg 4, and Leg 3 are Top 3.)

Now the teams. *sighs*

LOVE:

Brendon & Rachel: They were their usual selves this leg. Rachel being fun, and Brendon being edited more negatively than the last time they were on. Their using of the U-Turn was completely justified, and they are running a good Race. Very very happy for them winning another leg. It's weird though, with all the Ford promotion, I expected them to win cars xD

Flight Time & Big Easy: Wow. Who would have thought? After seeing several of the other teams this leg, Flight Time & Big Easy are actually good. They ran through the leg in trainwreck fashion, and in return, for the first time since TAR15, I actually loved tem this leg. They performed their worst this season, but I would rather have them in than another M/M still in it. (More on that at the bottom.)

Caroline & Jennifer: A little bit under the radar this leg, but still a good team. They worked well together and I still love them, but I hope they don't do more of what they did in the Preview, being against Brenchel. *sighs* I don't want to root against them :(

Leo & Jamal: Surviving Three U-Turns, good job. I like them this leg, and seeing as they seem to be the least offensive of the "Final Three" alliance, I'm still rooting for them.

Tolerate:

Jet & Cord: They have been very very tolerable lately,but then their Cowboy theme music kicked in at the Roadblock so ew. Still not that bad anymore though lol.

HATE:

Dave & Connor: While Connor is still an okay racer, (despite quitting roadblock threat), Dave is now the worst Racer EVEEEEER. They get U-Turned, and he complains about U-Turning a 60 year old man. Bill & Cathi were 63 when they ran TAR19 and got U-Turned, and they just dealt with it. Dave just whines a LOT. And his mimicking of Rachel eerily reminds me of Vanessa & Ralph, but unlike Vanessa & Ralph (a team that has some redeeming qualities), they do not deserve to act like that. They finished in fourth anyway, so why complain? Definitely the worst team ever right now and I hope when another U-Turn comes out, they get U-Turned OUT of the Race that time. Their U-Turn logic of U-Turning the Afghanimals instead of Jet & Cord was incredibly stupid as well. They are being called "class acts", as far as I know, class acts don't whine like that.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster

The only likeables teams imo are Brenchel & Leo/Jamal.

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie

The only likeables teams imo are Brenchel & Leo/Jamal.

Preach Queen Preach!