Author Topic: Capture 2014  (Read 7276 times)

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
Capture 2014
« on: April 18, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »
Anyone a fan of this show from it's Summer 2013 debut? It looks like casting is being called for season 2. It's kind of like Hunger Games (but really more so like a giant game of adult-Man Hunt-Hide n' Seek) and it premiered on the CW.

I thought it was fun to an extent - definitely not the greatness of Amazing Race or Survivor, but had some "aligned" teams and such, loved the twins from England (who are actually actresses already apparently, they played extras in an Xmen movie!)

I think they'll be making some big changes to the format of how each round of hunting works this next season, I know a lot of fans on Facebook said how it was just too basic towards the end, and the lack of any big twists or challenges to stronger all-male teams made it harder for weaker, but sneakier/stealthy teams.

Anyway, looking forward to this new season and hearing people's thoughts on the show.  :conf:
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Capture 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 12:00:50 PM »
I absolutely loved this show! Got the chance to talk to James over FB a while back and he's a really nice guy!
The show was cast really well last year too so I hope they can keep that up! A changed arena would be interesting.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:00:02 PM »
I absolutely loved this show! Got the chance to talk to James over FB a while back and he's a really nice guy!
The show was cast really well last year too so I hope they can keep that up! A changed arena would be interesting.

I agree! I would LOVE to see a more ocean-side or water centric arena, though might be tougher to pull off (they'd probably go with a similar forest-rocky area but just change up the location.) James and Rebecca had a great dynamic!

Chris and Nick on the Gold team were one of my favorites. The amount of times the producer's used the "Nikita, RUNNNN!" voice over was fantastic, haha.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 02:58:29 PM »
The Twins accents were amazing because they don't stand out like that for me in Ireland. :lol:
The gold team were robbed by an ehh twist but the everyone vs. blue was amazing <3
I also loved how black were seemingly the weakest but were rarely ever seen.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 07:10:39 PM »
yay I loved this and hopefully this will be back! Whodunnit 2 too pls
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 08:01:25 PM »
I didn't see this on CW's summer schedule, but I still saw casting/recruiting...maybe a delay to 2015? Anyone find any news on it?
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »
Saw the exact same thing today. Hopefully it is running. It probably takes less than 3 weeks to film ??? maybe they will save it for spring :(

Offline justanotherfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 10:47:46 PM »

Hey!!! :) Thank you for the kind words. Since you're alias on here, who is this???

Offline justanotherfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 10:49:12 PM »

I agree! I would LOVE to see a more ocean-side or water centric arena, though might be tougher to pull off (they'd probably go with a similar forest-rocky area but just change up the location.) James and Rebecca had a great dynamic!

Chris and Nick on the Gold team were one of my favorites. The amount of times the producer's used the "Nikita, RUNNNN!" voice over was fantastic, haha.

Hey Ryan!! You're too kind. Thank you!! Rebecca and I had such an amazing experience. :) Glad you enjoyed the show.

Offline justanotherfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 11:24:12 PM »

NVM! I found you on Facebook. :)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 07:59:39 AM »

NVM! I found you on Facebook. :)

Yup :lol: Been a while since I was on that profile but I had a good chat to you there :)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 09:37:46 AM »
I just watched the trailer and it seems to be cool. Do you know any where I can watch this show online?

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 10:05:09 PM »

Hey Ryan!! You're too kind. Thank you!! Rebecca and I had such an amazing experience. :) Glad you enjoyed the show.

You guys were awesome and flew under the radar! Any insight into season two's arrival? :)

I just watched the trailer and it seems to be cool. Do you know any where I can watch this show online?

I think the entire season is available on Hulu! :) I could be wrong, it might be only for H+ folk. But if that's the case, check out the CW and see if you can watch it there.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 10:20:59 AM »
I wonder if they can be back to area around the village during the hunt? It seems to be the safest area.

Offline justanotherfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 01:29:16 AM »

You guys were awesome and flew under the radar! Any insight into season two's arrival? :)

I think the entire season is available on Hulu! :) I could be wrong, it might be only for H+ folk. But if that's the case, check out the CW and see if you can watch it there.

Aww!!! Hehehe. Thank you. We tried to be as stealthy as possible yet play hard utilizing our strengths to the best of our abilities. ;)

As far as a season two, I have NO idea. We can only hope, right? It's probably unlikely since we haven't heard any confirmation on it but I also haven't seen anything that says it's been canceled. Hopefully they'll bring it back one day.

Offline justanotherfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 01:30:08 AM »
I wonder if they can be back to area around the village during the hunt? It seems to be the safest area.

We weren't allowed to go back into the actual village during the Hunts, just around the outskirts of it in the covered areas. Plus the Village was wide open so it wasn't the most ideal for hiding. :)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 02:43:43 AM »

We weren't allowed to go back into the actual village during the Hunts, just around the outskirts of it in the covered areas. Plus the Village was wide open so it wasn't the most ideal for hiding. :)

I means nearby area of the village. I know that it was wide open but it seems that no hunting team thought about that. All the hunting teams in the show always go to the jungle, to the north or the south.

Offline LightDrop

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 02:23:12 PM »

Aww!!! Hehehe. Thank you. We tried to be as stealthy as possible yet play hard utilizing our strengths to the best of our abilities. ;)

As far as a season two, I have NO idea. We can only hope, right? It's probably unlikely since we haven't heard any confirmation on it but I also haven't seen anything that says it's been canceled. Hopefully they'll bring it back one day.

That's one of the things I liked about Capture, while there were a fair few physically fit teams like yours and a few others. The terrain in a way levelled things out at times, especially the hills and rough terrain which would tire anyone out. A lesser team could technically catch a strong team who are tired out from going long distances in the terrain.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »
Well... it's 2015, so there is no Capture 2014 :(

Does this mean that there will be no season 2??
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 05:28:26 PM »
Looks like we'll have to wait a while for another tag/capture show.  2013 had some decent shows only to be replaced by worse or nothing the following year.