Author Topic: TAR 24 EP 9 "Accidental Alliance" Lucerne, Switzerland  (Read 21170 times)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 EP 9 "Accidental Alliance" Lucerne, Switzerland
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 01:49:18 PM »
The Route Info Task looks cool! I just hope nothing similar to the TAR18 Liechtenstein RB happens.

The Room cleaning looks like a Detour option.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 02:49:30 PM »
Caps from the second preview!

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:13:09 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 02:50:05 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:18:30 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 02:54:00 PM »
Third part of the caps.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:27:11 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 02:54:23 PM »
Last part of the caps.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:34:09 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 03:51:39 PM »

:funny:  That's the Rotair gondola, the world's first rotating gondola at Mt. Titlis.  :snicker:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 03:12:04 PM »
The Route Info Task looks cool! I just hope nothing similar to the TAR18 Liechtenstein RB happens.

What do you mean, what happened?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 08:09:36 PM »

There was a lot of answer-sharing. Some teams apparently can't do math on their own.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2014, 06:32:26 AM »

That time, all teams worked together, share the answer to eliminate the Cowboys.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 08:17:08 AM »
Oh, I see. I couldn't remember that ;)
Actually, I believe the globetrotters would have been eliminated in Rome had the Afghanimals not shared the RB answer with them & JJ.  (:;) John was much closer to the answer :res:

AND THAT'S WHY I HATE ANSWER SHARING.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 10:16:35 AM »
Oh, I see. I couldn't remember that ;)
Actually, I believe the globetrotters would have been eliminated in Rome had the Afghanimals not shared the RB answer with them & JJ.  (:;) John was much closer to the answer :res:

AND THAT'S WHY I HATE ANSWER SHARING.

True, the Globetrotters would have been eliminated in Rome if the Afghanimals hadn't shared the answer with them and J & J. but we have to remember that they thought that Caroline & Jennifer were behind them.  Had they known that they were racing the other two teams for last place I'm sure that the Afghanimals wouldn't have shared the answer.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 02:02:56 PM »
The Amazing Race - Accidental Alliance (Sneak Peek)

With the final finish line getting closer, tension between two teams rises. Meanwhile, three teams make a final three alliance in hopes of making it to the final leg, on the All-Star edition of The Amazing Race, Sunday, April 27 at 8/7c. Only CBS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKB1S4EGSsg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CKB1S4EGSsg</a>

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 04:28:25 PM »
CBS PRESS PICTURES

"Accidental Alliance" Season 24 Episode 9
In this Active Route Marker, Cowboy brothers Cord (left) and Jet (right) must change into uniforms and clean a hotel room to meet Swiss standards in order to receive the next clue on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Cowboy brothers in Season 24 Episode 9
In this Active Route Marker, Cowboy brothers Jet (left) and Cord (right) must calculate the model year of a Ford Mustang using the corresponding kilometers of two different Swiss cities in order to receive the next clue on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Leo and Jamal in Season 24 Episode 9
At the Pit Start, Cousins Leo (left) and Jamal (right) must take the train from Orvieto, Italy to Chiasso, Switzerland on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Brendon and Rachel in Season 24 Episode 9
Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) take the train from Orvieto, Italy to Chiasso, Switzerland on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Leo and Jamal in Season 24 Episode 9
Cousins Leo (left) and Jamal (right) must make their way to the next location on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Brendon and Rachel in Season 24 Episode 9
In this Active Route Marker, Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) must change into uniforms and clean a hotel room to meet Swiss standards in order to receive the next clue on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jamal and Leo in Season 24 Episode 9
Cousins Jamal (left) and Leo (right) must drive themselves to Engelberg and take a gondola up to the top of Mount Titlis in a race to the Pit Stop on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jennifer and Caroline in Season 24 Episode 9
Country singers Jennifer (left) and Caroline (right) must make their way to the next location on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Wearing uniforms in Season 24 Episode 9
In this Active Route Marker, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must change into uniforms and clean a hotel room to meet Swiss standards in order to receive the next clue on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Pit Start in Season 24 Episode 9
At the Pit Start, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must take the train from Orvieto, Italy to Chiasso, Switzerland on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Cleaning hotel rooms in Season 24 Episode 9
In this Active Route Marker, Father/son team Connor (left) and David (right) must change into uniforms and clean a hotel room to meet Swiss standards in order to receive the next clue on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Connor and Dave in Season 24 Episode 9
In this Active Route Marker, Father/son team Connor (left) and David (center) must change into uniforms and clean a hotel room to meet Swiss standards in order to receive the next clue on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Heading to Switzerland in Season 24 Episode 9
At the Pit Start, Father/son team David (left) and Connor (right) must take the train from Orvieto, Italy to Chiasso, Switzerland on the all-star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 09:53:59 PM »
Thank god the Hotel Cleaning is an ARI (Hooray for ARIs in this season finally!  :groan:), but it's still a very very weird task to place in a beautiful country like Switzerland.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 10:49:45 PM »
I am so excited that the Swiss Air Convair 990 will make it on the show. Its one of my fave planes of all time!!! :conf:

https://www.verkehrshaus.ch/en/museum/aviation/convair-cv-990-coronado

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 01:55:54 AM »
Convairs in general <3

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »
I'm glad that there are several Route Info Tasks (I think "Active" Route Info sounds dumb, but that's just me.) However, it leads me to believe that, like TAR22's visit to Switzerland, there won't be a Detour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2014, 09:52:04 AM »

Glacier cave on Mt. TITLIS   

The glacier cave is bathed
in a dim turquoise-blue light. On the walls, millions of tiny ice crystals
sparkle and glisten. The air is so cold that tiny white clouds appear when you
breathe.

A magical world of ice awaits you.

This glacier
cave forms the frosty heart of TITLIS. The ice here was frozen long before
prehistoric man discovered how to make fire using pyrite.

The
cave's 150-metre-long walkway branches out in several directions and descends 20
metres below the surface of the glacier. The hazy atmosphere is the result of
tiny air pockets in the ice, and the blue colour is caused by the refraction of
light.
 Exploring the glacier cave is a cool experience. The temperature
inside the cave remains a frosty -1.5˚C.

The cave can be easily
accessed via a corridor from the TITLIS ROTAIR Cableways mountain station. Entry
to the glacier cave is free of charge.

http://www.titlis.ch/en/glacier/glacier-cave
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »
OH my....

THERE WERE WEBCAMS!!!  :groan: :groan: :groan:

http://www.titlis.ch/en/ski-resort/webcams

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »

Yet more webcams (of Lucerne) at the Titlis Glacier Park website.

I suspect the task of sliding in the snow with milk cans was at one of the snow tubing slopes.

Here's a description of the Glacier Park facilities:
You can try out the latest fashionable sliding equipment such as the Balancer, Snow-Scoot, Airboard, and Snake Gliss on an easy trail. Everyone can master the Snowtube Run where you slide down an easy bob run on an inner tube. Fun and a change of pace are guaranteed!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2014, 08:03:22 PM »
I think that the Mount Titlis Ice Cave and Milk Can tasks are first,because it looks like teams are together in the cave.

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2014, 02:40:21 PM »
Second part of the caps.

Is that a Roadblock clue?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »
Really good eye!! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2014, 03:17:02 PM »
Just a reminder that if we don't see a detour on this leg, doesn't mean there wasn't one. The editors are known to re-edit a detour into an active route marker task when all the teams choose the same side of the detour. And the fact that there appears to be two active route markers make me think this is a possibility this time.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2014, 09:18:16 AM »
I think this was the best leg, so far. A lot of great Places!!!! :luvya: :luvya: :luvya: :luvya:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.