Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 7 SHOW updates and commentary **Updater Needed**  (Read 15287 times)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Re: TAR 24 East Coast EP 7 SHOW updates and commentary **Updater Needed**
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2014, 08:23:07 PM »
Looks like Next leg will be very interesting  :funny:

I've come to like Brenchel which does say something and I'm starting to dislike Dave & Connor to be honest.

Can't wait!

Gotta feel for Jess & John this time. Can't ever assume someone's behind you, but IMO they had a valid reason (Jen and Caroline starting in last), and regardless, tried to outrace FT & BE instead of casually walking to the pitstop.  IMO, better effort this time.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »
:lol: at Caroline & Jen going from 7th with a Speed Bump to 2nd  :hearts:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2014, 08:30:10 PM »
It wasn't a overly amazing leg tonight, it was good leg but not as good as Sri Lanka #2. Next leg will be interesting.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
I liked this leg (some Cryptic clues, a very good RB, a cheesy Detour that was fun, a good SB). I give it a 7.5/10. And judging by the promo for next week, Italy (RFF's favourite country) (http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29224.0.html) is delivering some great legs

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »
JJ NOOOOOOOOOO

I thought for a second that there was hope, but no..... :'(

I think that Brenchel U-Turns Team Cancer, who U-Turns the Globetrotters, who get eliminated.

Maybe teams drive to Orvieto? Because that makes sense, as Brenchel has a lead, Cowboys, Cancer, and Country are close, and Globes are behind.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2014, 08:38:59 PM »
JJ NOOOOOOOOOO

I think that Brenchel U-Turns Team Cancer, who U-Turns the Globetrotters, who get eliminated.

Maybe teams drive to Orvieto? Because that makes sense, as Brenchel has a lead, Cowboys, Cancer, and Country are close, and Globes are behind.

I'm thinking that the Cowboys try and get vengeance for their TAR18 elimination and U-Turn the globetrotters
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2014, 08:42:31 PM »
JJ NOOOOOOOOOO

I'm thinking that the Cowboys try and get vengeance for their TAR18 elimination and U-Turn the globetrotters
That would be nice, but their self-righteous "its getting dirty" makes me think that they saw DC U-Turn, while they didn't, as they were close to DC
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2014, 08:44:57 PM »
JJ NOOOOOOOOOO

That would be nice, but their self-righteous "its getting dirty" makes me think that they saw DC U-Turn, while they didn't, as they were close to DC

We'll have to wait it looks like. Odds are it's going to be a M/M boot next week which is about bloody time  :funny:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2014, 08:54:18 PM »
LEG 7 (Sri Lanka --> Italy) EPISODE ANALYSIS:
Rome, the Italian home of history, the nearby Vatican, and romance like no other. This Leg proved to be above average from what I believed to be in the episode's previews with competitivism and helping (eww in an all-stars term). I enjoyed Rachel refusing to help Dave & Connor directly telling them the clue box. Seriously, it's all-stars, don't expect anything to be just handed to you. Although the editing felt rather lackluster and sometimes overdramatized, I loved how they brought back TAR13's Salvador Pit Stop foot race soundtrack and instances of classic TAR music rather than the "Greetings, from the Royal Highness" type of tracks. At the end of the episode, I felt this is one of the better episodes of the season.

DETOUR: (Gladiator or Charioteer)
In Gladiator, teams had to perform two series of sword-battling maneuvers perfectly to get their next clue. I found this task to be rather challenging. Memorizing a minute-long choreography for a reenacted battle is difficult especially for those who aren't coordinated. In Charioteer, teams had to steer a remote control chariot around a course before the "fire" died down. Honestly, I don't like the fake-and-bake concept of this task. Either get real chariots and race around Circus Maximus like TAR10 did in the Atlas Mountains movie desert, or find a different task to do. I'll give them credit for creating difficulties with multiple teams at the task, but gosh, REMOTE CONTROL? Comparing these two tasks, they both had their challenges and balanced each other successfully.
DETOUR SCORE: 7/10

SPEED BUMP:
Caroline & Jennifer's extra task was a generic delivery task, nothing particularly special, but carrying a heavy typewriter for about a mile or more can be stressful if you don't know where the heck you are going.
SPEED BUMP SCORE: 7/10

ROADBLOCK:
The level of difficulty for this task was really good since team members had to count, translate, add, then reconvert the numbers back into Roman numerals. Some teams finished quickly and there is one flaw in there that explains why... THEY WERE ALLOWED TO USE LOCALS TO HELP THEM. I believe without the help from locals, it could have been an even tougher task and it could have probably change the order of arrival at the Pit Stop.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 8/10

OTHER SCORES:
LEG DIFFICULTY: 7.5/10
TEAM DRAMA: 5/10
WATCHED 4 SEASONS OF SPARTACUS: 0/10
ELIMINATION SCORE: 12/10 (Didn't deserve to be all-stars in the first point)
OVERALL SCORE: 8/10
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2014, 09:12:12 PM »
Looks like Next leg will be very interesting  :funny:

I've come to like Brenchel which does say something and I'm starting to dislike Dave & Connor to be honest.

I'm definitely agreeing with this, at least with the Dave & Connor thing (I'm already on the Brenchel Bus). The way they were acting when Rachel pointed in the direction of the clue was extremely petty and annoying. If I were Rachel, I would have done the same thing...that and not have helped out other teams/given them answers (gotta race like you're in last).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2014, 11:27:10 PM »
Thanks SO much for Updating Samual and Rachel!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2014, 11:30:12 PM »
Oh yeah I was laughing at Rachel talking about going to Ethiopia but wasn't that a cancelled leg? I heard about it a few weeks ago.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2014, 11:31:55 PM »
JESSICA AND JOHN :((((((((

:torche

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2014, 07:06:26 AM »
So sad to see Jessica/John go in this way, especially they were first leaving the detour!!  :(

In fact, I wonder if this is a good strategy that Jessica asked for Leo/Jamal's help, as we always know that the Globetrotters are weakest in this kind of numbers/solving clue challenge, and Flighttime has been there for some time and not seems any way close, while John got so close in his first try. Added into the fact that there will be a footrace with globetrotters, they are sure they are going to the last among those 3... It also sounds so weird that they think Caroline/Jennifer could be that behind with the speedbump, they should have seen that the SB is at the start and when Globetrotters saw Caro/Jen at detour that means they were in level playing field again...

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2014, 07:12:37 AM »
Jessica & John...  You are my winners! :'( :'( :'( :'(

F*****g taxi driver... I'm so sad... But I like that Brenchel won the leg.

I really loved how Rachel doesn't say to Dave & Connor where's the clue box. x)

#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2014, 07:20:45 AM »
This leg (minus the elimination) is the best leg so far. :)
I loved seeing JJ dominating the detour, too bad they were... :( Talk about cab luck, it's very unpredictable.
Detour is the best so far. Roadblock is nice too. :)
Too bad JJ has to go. :( I was hoping that they'd win a leg before leaving. At least they were able to change their reputation for a better one.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2014, 09:06:47 AM »
This leg (minus the elimination) is the best leg so far. :)
I loved seeing JJ dominating the detour, too bad they were... :( Talk about cab luck, it's very unpredictable.
Detour is the best so far. Roadblock is nice too. :)
Too bad JJ has to go. :( I was hoping that they'd win a leg before leaving. At least they were able to change their reputation for a better one.

Their reputation as people GREATLY improved, and I found myself loving them this time around :hearts: - which was a massive shock because I despised them on S22.

But, their reputation as racers leave something to be desired. Compared to their first season, their placements were consistently rubbish except for Leg 6.  Not counting their elimination in S22, their highest placement this season, was their lowest on S22. :lol:

Still sad to see them go.  :(

.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2014, 01:54:07 PM »
I originally thought so, too, but then, as the season went on, I began to love and cheer to Jessica and John. They weren't originally All-Stars, but they BECAME all stars!

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »
I originally thought so, too, but then, as the season went on, I began to love and cheer to Jessica and John. They weren't originally All-Stars, but they BECAME all stars!
^--Like.

Also, Jamal could have just helped John and not Flight-Time, which is how it was looking for a few seconds, and then there's the globes again, piggy-backing on people. At least John was actually using Roman Numerals, FT didn't even figure that part out and kept writing regular numbers. I bet Jamal is hitting himself for that one, since he probably would have loved to have kept JJ in the race over the Globes.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »
^--Like.

Also, Jamal could have just helped John and not Flight-Time, which is how it was looking for a few seconds, and then there's the globes again, piggy-backing on people. At least John was actually using Roman Numerals, FT didn't even figure that part out and kept writing regular numbers. I bet Jamal is hitting himself for that one, since he probably would have loved to have kept JJ in the race over the Globes.

Not to mention the fact that the Globes are doing ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE this time around. Compared to their TAR15 and TAR18 placements, they seem to be tired and not caring about the Race as much. Definitely would have loved J/J (who seemed to enjoy every moment) over them.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2014, 10:59:11 PM »
Not to mention the fact that the Globes are doing ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE this time around. Compared to their TAR15 and TAR18 placements, they seem to be tired and not caring about the Race as much. Definitely would have loved J/J (who seemed to enjoy every moment) over them.
I still have to ponder why those 2 were brought back to all-stars. ???

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2014, 02:15:46 AM »
Globes are the Ally & Ashley of the season lol.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2014, 06:16:33 AM »

Not even good for ratings  :funny: