The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Keep on Racing Legs Penalty?

(1/3) > >>

Platrium:
Do you think a Keep on Racing leg or TBC leg should have a penalty for the last team to check-in?

Jimmer:
No if the leg is truly a linear leg with no bunching, yes if there is a bunching or flight.

RachelLeVega:
If it's a penultimate KoR/TBC Leg like Beijing in TAR14, then no, I don't believe there should be a penalty because it's so close to the finale. I wouldn't want any teams' chances of racing for the million toasted all because of a fake Pit Stop AKA "midpoint" penalty near the end of the season... especially when the tasks are linear and/or timed.

However, standard KoR/TBC Legs like Moscow in TAR9 and Sydney in TAR18 should be assessed penalties because it contains majorly governed locomotion (airplanes, trains, buses) in the following Leg. Those so-called equalizers bunch teams together and it feels more like a separate Leg (non-elimination).

Instead of a Speed Bump, the KoR/TBC Legs should have a marked for elimination (30-min. penalty) consequence.

dryedmangoez:
Yes.  Since they're considered separate Legs or "zero hour Pit Stops" there should at least be a penalty if there's no elimination.
These aren't the original TBC-legs where they are considered one huge double length Leg.  These are basically non-elimination Legs with no penalties.  That should change.

Hooky:
No. The whole point of TBC legs (with the exception of the very first one which happened because of a production fluke) is to provide opportunity for comebacks and twists of fate. Penalties for the last team would limit that possibility. I don't think whether it is early or late in the race even needs to be a deciding factor.

Also, there is still no significant difference between these and the TBC legs of old. They are simply counted differently by Phil (for no apparent reason).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version