Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 6 SHOW updates and commentary **Expect a delay**  (Read 15325 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: TAR 24 East Coast EP 6 SHOW updates and commentary **Expect a delay**
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2014, 12:40:48 AM »
As soon as Dave & Connor misdirected them, I couldn't help but think "Yes! Get the Globetrotters eliminated!!" :snicker: :yess:

Then it was still Caroline & Jennifer that came in last, and it was a non-elimination leg... :(

But aside from the fact that there was no elimination, this leg was easily the most dramatic of the season. I actually really enjoyed it! :)
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2014, 02:03:26 AM »
Intro. :res:
Roadblock: One of the worst in my opinion, especially if I were to do it.
Detour: I see the log detour as boring. I like watching the paper detour, but it was a nightmare to me. I like paper but when I found out that some papers are actually made of elephant dung...  :iok
How I wished that there was going to be a U-turn this leg... but it's a good thing that there wasn't, because cowboys got ahead. :res:
The cowboys and the Afghanimals' race to the pit stop was funny. Hooray for Afghanimals! :keeta: They have finally won a leg. Cowboys were funny during the dangerous taxi ride and the finishing in 2nd. "It stings a lil' bit." :funny: I wanna see more rivalry between these 2 teams.
The tasks for this leg was pretty... meh... but what made this leg better was the footraces, close finishes, and pit stop location.
I already checked the spoilers and I was prepared for a NEL, but honestly they should've gone home instead. They're the weak team that normally finishes last from the first batch, and they only survive each leg because there are teams from another flight/batch behind them. Back in TAR22, when they caught up to some of the other teams, and even beat Maxie at the roadblock and to the pit stop, I thought they were a strong team, but they always get lucky on being on the first batch of teams and end up last within their batch.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2014, 05:11:33 PM »

I already checked the spoilers and I was prepared for a NEL, but honestly they should've gone home instead. They're the weak team that normally finishes last from the first batch, and they only survive each leg because there are teams from another flight/batch behind them. Back in TAR22, when they caught up to some of the other teams, and even beat Maxie at the roadblock and to the pit stop, I thought they were a strong team, but they always get lucky on being on the first batch of teams and end up last within their batch.
I agree with you about the Country Singers. They appear to be the opposite of Jessica and John, who always get unlucky and in the back of the pack but then come in first out of their group.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2014, 07:45:30 AM »
Most people have said it, but I have to repeat it - Best Leg of the season yet! :lol:

On a side note though, at the end of the episode, Phil says "Next Week on The Amazing Race". Are CBS honestly THAT lazy that they couldn't have edited it to say "In 2 Weeks on The Amazing Race" instead?? It just seems like CBS really doesn't care about this Season! :groan:

I heard "In two weeks"

Same Here!

The preview is already posted. Go and check :tup: :

Hmmm  ???
I watched the Episode on Youtube though, and went back to it again, and Phil  does say "Next Week" :lol:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:50:59 AM by TexasLady »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2014, 10:22:07 PM »
Most people have said it, but I have to repeat it - Best Leg of the season yet! :lol:

On a side note though, at the end of the episode, Phil says "Next Week on The Amazing Race". Are CBS honestly THAT lazy that they couldn't have edited it to say "In 2 Weeks on The Amazing Race" instead?? It just seems like CBS really doesn't care about this Season! :groan:

I heard "In two weeks"

Same Here!

The preview is already posted. Go and check :tup: :

Hmmm  ???
I watched the Episode on Youtube though, and went back to it again, and Phil  does say "Next Week" :lol:

Phil said next week, so I was surprised :o and I had to consult Wikipedia and RFF. :lol: