Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 6 SHOW updates and commentary **Expect a delay**  (Read 15218 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 East Coast EP 6 SHOW updates and commentary **Expect a delay**
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »
Such a good episode with so much drama! <3

I actually loved all of the tasks too! I just wish there wasn't 2 equalizers in the leg. :/

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »
Such a good episode with so much drama! <3

I actually loved all of the tasks too! I just wish there wasn't 2 equalizers in the leg. :/

I loved the equalisers because it saved Brenchel in a way <3

This episode was rly good! Now I need to prepare myself for two weeks. *groans*

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2014, 08:41:45 PM »
I would like to point out how nice the teams were to place the good teams in odd positions and the bad ones in even ones <3

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2014, 08:42:39 PM »
OMG how true! <3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2014, 08:43:16 PM »
Frankly, this is the only Leg so far that deserves to be under the title of "all-stars".
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »
I would like to point out how nice the teams were to place the good teams in odd positions and the bad ones in even ones <3

1st-Afghans
3rd-JJ
5th-Brenchel
7th-Country

OMG :o

<3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2014, 09:14:05 PM »
I was really sceptical of Jess and John being on All Stars but they were really boring in their last season but this season they are entertaining. Brenchel, Afghanimals and Team J/J were teams that I was willing to give another chance this season and they have all made me root for them! The only three-timers I was rooting for was Margie & Luke, they were getting TAR14 good but then the missed flight :/ At least Luke handled the elimination with grace which is good :)
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2014, 09:32:54 PM »
This was legitimately the only leg this season that impressed me (the Kuala Lumpur leg being a close 2nd). It's also really funny going on the CBS page and seeing all of the complaints. One person literally complained that the NELs were too close to each other and they have never been that close together (which they have), and don't get me started on the person who felt the need to insult Afghanimal fans by calling us annoying (and half of this person's text was in all caps...people in glass houses, huh?).  :gaah:

Anyways, rant over. I found this to be a very good leg. I was very happy with the outcome, and as much as I like Brenchel, seeing that #ReadTheClue after Rachel's blunder was pretty funny.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2014, 09:55:26 PM »
This was legitimately the only leg this season that impressed me (the Kuala Lumpur leg being a close 2nd). It's also really funny going on the CBS page and seeing all of the complaints. One person literally complained that the NELs were too close to each other and they have never been that close together (which they have), and don't get me started on the person who felt the need to insult Afghanimal fans by calling us annoying (and half of this person's text was in all caps...people in glass houses, huh?).  :gaah:

Anyways, rant over. I found this to be a very good leg. I was very happy with the outcome, and as much as I like Brenchel, seeing that #ReadTheClue after Rachel's blunder was pretty funny.

I try to ignore the casuals to be honest  :funny: None of them know hard it would be to on the Race under that pressure and teams deal with it anyway they can.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 10:05:33 PM »
I hope its a 12-hour Pit Stop from the previous leg and started at this leg, and happy the blondes were saved by NEL.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:36:10 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2014, 11:23:06 PM »
I loved this leg and I think Leo & Jamal and Caroline & Jennifer summed up the concept of "All-Stars" pretty well: everybody is bringing their A-game and running a mistake-free leg doesn't guarantee a place in the front. At this point anybody could go home at any moment.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2014, 02:23:21 AM »
Episode Thoughts:

I loved it. The Roadblock was insane crazy fun to watch, the great transport races from Sri Lanka 1 continue, and teams competing neck and neck just did it for me. Probably the best episode in like 2 seasons. (Best leg since TAR22 Vietnam tbh)

CAST RANKINGS:

LOVE:

Brendon & Rachel: "GREEN COME ON GREEN!!!!!" <3 They continue to run through the race solidly. They ARE becoming more frantic and epic to watch, and they power through their mistakes with style. I hope they win a leg soon!

Jessica & John: If only they did the Elephant Detour faster. :( They continue to be a very fun and likeable team, and I hope they keep this new momentum up. Them overtaking Dave & Connor <3 Helping Rachel <3

Caroline & Jennifer: They got that right. They ran a mistake-free leg, yet still ended up last. They are one of the reasons I continue watching though, so happy they were NELd. They continue to appreciate everything the Race throws at them and are cheerful ALL. THE. TIME. Stay strong Country <3

Leo & Jamal: Thank god! We have had genuinely fun Afghanimals since Episode 1, with the lying, deceitful, annoying Afghanimals from TAR23 gone. They are the only M/M worth rooting for right now, and I am so happy they overtook Jet & Cord to win the leg. It should be interesting what happens to them and the Cowboys later in the Race when U-Turns pop out. :)

Dislike:

Flight Time & Big Easy: They continue to be loud, but somehow they are REALLY toned down, to the point where they are actually OK at times. Still dislike them though.

Hate:

Dave & Connor: I personally did not like Dave at the RB pushing everyone and them making the Globes go the wrong way. They are still incredibly inoffensive, but I guess a Villain Dave & Connor is better than a "Cancer boo hoo hoo Achiles Tendon hoo hoo hoo" Dave & Connor. They move down to hate for now., but their leg placements make me think they're here to stay for a LOOOOONG time. :(

Jet & Cord: They gave me an Ernie & Cindy vibe the whole leg. Their reaction to being in 2nd was absolutely horrible and showed poor sportsmanship. At least Ernie & Cindy was a good team. The Cowboys have run a total of 26 legs now. Be grateful at least! :res:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2014, 07:58:38 AM »
Most people have said it, but I have to repeat it - Best Leg of the season yet! :lol:

On a side note though, at the end of the episode, Phil says "Next Week on The Amazing Race". Are CBS honestly THAT lazy that they couldn't have edited it to say "In 2 Weeks on The Amazing Race" instead?? It just seems like CBS really doesn't care about this Season! :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 08:01:27 AM »
Re: the Cowboys reaction to second place- I just can't imagine anyone rejoicing for a second place.  If I remember Cindy was very upset at being outrun by Andy and Tommy. 
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 08:16:53 AM »
Most people have said it, but I have to repeat it - Best Leg of the season yet! :lol:

On a side note though, at the end of the episode, Phil says "Next Week on The Amazing Race". Are CBS honestly THAT lazy that they couldn't have edited it to say "In 2 Weeks on The Amazing Race" instead?? It just seems like CBS really doesn't care about this Season! :groan:

I heard "In two weeks"

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 09:33:42 AM »

I heard "In two weeks"

Same Here!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 10:06:35 AM »

I heard "In two weeks"

Same Here!

The preview is already posted. Go and check :tup: :
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,29875.msg987136.html#msg987136
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:55:53 AM by TexasLady »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2014, 11:05:21 AM »
I really must comment on this leg of the Race, it was the best by far and I can only hope it gets better from here on in.  :luvya:

Now to the leg itself:

Things I really loved:
* After four legs without equalizers, they finally bunched the missing ones into the sixth leg. :funny: However, this leg did explain that equalizers are not a right, but a priviledge. If you make too big of a mistake, you won't get on the train, which almost happened to Brendon & Rachel.
* The Roadblock was insane. The idea was simple, but the chaos the teams were put into (plus the score that rounded it all out) made it amazing. If I was there, I would have probably be filling up my first tuk-tuk after the second-to-the-last team left. :)
* The train rides and the "follow the music" clue was a nice 'calm in-between the storms' kind of thing which added a calm, yet funny comparison to the actual race.
* That music during the first part of the credits :) When has that been used before?

Things that were just off:
* The anti-climactic footage of Brendon & Rachel getting on the train after the Roadblock. But I guess it was the lack of good footage to put in (which wouldn't surprising...)
* The first footrace to the pit stop. The story was great: the Afghanimals hungry for first place and just itching to beat the cowboys to the pit stop. But the music (from the band, sorry) was just off and flat after Leo & Jamal was shown in the lead running up to the pit stop.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 01:46:29 PM »
We just needed a FT & BE vs Country Singers sprint to the pit-stop. That will make this episode one of the best ever. :funny:

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
We just needed a FT & BE vs Country Singers sprint to the pit-stop. That will make this episode one of the best ever. :funny:

Here I was crossing fingers for that to happen.

So far the best episode of this race, and the only one I will say belong to "All-Stars" category. Caroline&Jennifer were so right at the end everyone was so closed to each other, few little mistakes made time between teams. Big mistake was Rachel's roadblock, and it didn't cost her that much... Dave&Connor and Jessica&John chains, and part of the paper process, so little mistakes, felt so balanced.

I'm somehow liking Jessica&John, especially Jessica, since the trampoline roadblock she hasn't complaint at all about her feets, and they were really hurt in that episode, I can't imagine she is ok. I might be wrong but I think this is their best position since the first leg of their season.

That roadblock was so crazy, a bit too crazy, but was so impressive to watch so many things happening at the same time, everyone bumping in to each other, getting hit by the tuk tuks, Cowboys going around to fill up theirs in a different place, Dave and Big Easy trying to get their turn, Rachel running around like a headless chicken.

Finally the leg felt longer, more route markers which made it less straightforward. The wise man was a weird change of pace though.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2014, 06:59:23 PM »
Come on green <3

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2014, 11:01:33 PM »
OMG SO TRUE.

AFGHANS JJ BRENCHEL COUNTRY <3 (it's the exact order of my favourite one)
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2014, 11:05:35 PM »
I wish they wont get bunched again after the RB tbh. Would make this episode more thrilling..

Other than that, best leg ever in this season + i could say the RB is memorable, probably one of the best among the current seasons.
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
I wish they wont get bunched again after the RB tbh. Would make this episode more thrilling..

Other than that, best leg ever in this season + i could say the RB is memorable, probably one of the best among the current seasons.

I only like the train bunching because it saved Brenchel, but since this was an NEL anyway, yeah I would say the bunching sucked. The Roadblock was very very insane to watch though :lol:

"Come on Green" <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2014, 11:10:30 PM »

I only like the train bunching because it saved Brenchel, but since this was an NEL anyway, yeah I would say the bunching sucked. The Roadblock was very very insane to watch though :lol:

"Come on Green" <3

I really liked the roadblock, it was unique and very hectic!
It's Clobbering Time!