Author Topic: TAR 24 Ep 6 "Down and Dirty" Kandy, Sri Lanka  (Read 14536 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR 24 Ep 6 "Down and Dirty" Kandy, Sri Lanka
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 11:10:24 PM »
CBS PRESS PICTURES

"Down and Dirty" Season 24 Episode 6
In this Route Marker, Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (center) make their way to the Heritage Ambepussa Rest House before heading to the Pit Stop on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Connor and Dave in Season 24 Episode 6
In this Route Marker, Father/son team Connor (left) and David (right) must make their way from the Dutch Museum by train to Alawwa, Sri Lanka to find their next clue at the Ceypetco fuel station on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

At a Rest House in Season 24 Episode 6
In this Route Marker, Father/son team Connor (left) and David (center) make their way to the Heritage Ambepussa Rest House before heading to the Pit Stop on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Flight Time and Big Easy in Season 24 Episode 6
In this Route Marker, Harlem Globetrotters Nate (left) and Herb (center) make their way to the Heritage Ambepussa Rest House before heading to the Pit Stop on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

John and Jessica in Season 24 Episode 6
In Detour A, Engaged couple John (left) and Jessica (right) must work with an elephant to load logs onto a truck in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Traveling by taxi in Season 24 Episode 6
In this Route Marker, Engaged couple John (left) and Jessica (right) make their way by taxi to the Heritage Ambepussa Rest House in search of the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jet and Cord in Season 24 Episode 6
In this Route Marker, Cowboy brothers Jet (left) and Cord (right) make their way by taxi to the Heritage Ambepussa Rest House in search of the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Cowboy brothers in Season 24 Episode 6
In this Route Marker, Cowboy brothers Cord (left) and Jet (center) make their way to the Heritage Ambepussa Rest House before heading to the Pit Stop on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Waiting for a train in Season 24 Episode 6
In this Route Marker, Cousins Leo (left) and Jamal (right) must make their way from the Dutch Museum by train to Alawwa, Sri Lanka to find their next clue at the Ceypetco fuel station on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

In this Route Marker, Cousins Leo (left) and Jamal (right) make their way by taxi to the Heritage Ambepussa Rest House in search of the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Rachel filling up gas in Season 24 Episode 6
In this Road Block, Rachel (pictured) must fill up four "three wheelers" with gas in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Katarina

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I LOVE THE AMAZING RACE
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 12:19:06 AM »
In sneak Peek, I think the last 3 team are: Country Singer, Brenchel, FT/BE. And the the last to arrived is Carol/Jen but they are saved.   :hoot:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2014, 04:34:36 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jb1pGi6rix8&amp;list=UU_HgtI1WieWXTJu-EWHGr9w" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Jb1pGi6rix8&amp;list=UU_HgtI1WieWXTJu-EWHGr9w</a>

The ending part shows a new preview.

WOW at Dave pushing Caroline, Rachel, and John to complete the task. :o

And definitely WOW at Big Easy stealing the pump from Rachel :o
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:22:09 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2014, 05:23:55 AM »
It depends on what you defines as "Push" and "Steal"

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 10:42:15 PM »
Wow Dave is fierce! :lol:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 12:34:36 AM »
not a live sighting, travel blog entry.... (might help with the timeline "unknown")

Kegalle, Sabaragamuwa, Sri Lanka
Tuesday, November 26, 2013

today i arrived to millennium elephant orphanage! was a bit sad to say good bye to nishan and his mother, that works at the guest house i've stayed at two times in kandy. but im sure i will be back again. today i've got showed around the elephant orphanage, otherwise i haven't done much. i watched when the elephants had their "play time" looking for fruits that got hidden for them around a field. there were also an american tv-show called amazing race that were filming here today! i arrived on the best day, because tonight there is bbq for dinner. nicenice. and tomorrow at 7 i will meet my elephant rani for the first time, and do some teaching for local kids. exciting!

This elephant orphanage has had some controversial reports re elephant treatment.... most seem to generally positive for the work that they do.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:42:53 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 01:32:55 AM »
http://www.etonline.com/tv/144864_The_Amazing_Race_All_Stars_get_stuck_crazy_traffic_is_Sri_Lanka/

Sri Lanka Traffic Causes Chaos For 'Amazing' Racers
By ZACH SEEMAYER
March 28, 2014

Season 24 of CBS's hit reality series The Amazing Race: All-Stars follows teams of two competitors, who had appeared on the series in previous seasons, getting a chance to once again take on the difficult challenge of racing across the globe.

In this clip from the upcoming episode Down and Dirty, the contestants find themselves in the very crowded streets of Sri Lanka, where the noise and traffic makes their tasks much harder to complete.

same video above

While some contestants find themselves exhausted beyond measure, others seem to thrive in the madness, such as the 58-year-old David O'Leary, whose youthful energy, vitality and enthusiasm blows the other contestants away, but also stirs some ire.

The Amazing Race: All-Stars episode Down and Dirty airs Sunday, March 30 at 8 p.m. on CBS.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 01:41:59 AM »
Re the Heritage Rest-Ambepussa

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1189020-d1988540-Reviews-The_Heritage_Rest_Ambepussa-Kegalla_Kegalle_District_Sabaragamuwa_Province.html

On the Colombo>>Kandy road

I especially liked this comment:

Situated about 1.5 hours from Colombo on the Kandy road. The hotel is just
before the turn off from the Kandy road to Anuradhapura road. ...There is also a
soothing (natural bamboo) -flute music played by a local from a tree house
resembling those seen in dry zone chena cultivations.
RFF's Golden Rule: