Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 5 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 11717 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we're back at the roadblock. Big Easy, Jessica and Brendon still there. Flight Time somehow has a basketball and he's doing some fancy Harlem Globetrotters stuff. The workers are entertained.

Jet & Cord are team #3.

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
2nd - Caroline & Jennifer
3rd - Jet & Cord

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Jr. Member
  • PHINBELLA POWER!
Flight Time workin' on his game! Love the use of 'Sweet Georgia Brown', the Globetrotters' theme song, in the background.

Jet & Cord - Team #3!
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jessica getting her shirt checked... And it's good! They're out of the roadblock in 5th.

Leo & Jamal are team #4.

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
3rd - Jet & Cord
4th - Leo & Jamal

Margie & Luke are off to the roadblock! :o

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Brendon's shirt is approved, and Brenchel are out of the roadblock in 6th.

Big Easy's shirt is finally approved. They're out in 7th. Big Easy tries to put his shirt on, but gets stuck, lol.

Jessica & John are team #5. Flight Time & Big Easy are team #6. How'd they get ahead of Brenchel, lol. Brendon & Rachel are team #7.

Brenchel say that they will turn it up a notch or 10.

Margie & Luke arrive at the pit stop and it's super dark. They're the last team to arrive and they've been eliminated. Aw. Luke says it's cool that they got to do the race for a 3rd time. Luke thanks his mom. Awww.

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
3rd - Jet & Cord
4th - Leo & Jamal
5th - Jessica & John
6th - Flight Time & Big Easy
7th - Brendon & Rachel
8th - Margie & Luke (ELIMINATED)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
BRENCHEL <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Luke stayed really calm this episode and went out in a classy style. I loved them this season  :hrt:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Jessica & John are team #5. Flight Time & Big Easy are team #6. How'd they get ahead of Brenchel, lol. Brendon & Rachel are team #7.

They paid money for the bus to not to stop every station.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

As the competition picks up speed, Rachel gets in a jam. Not really sure what's happening, but it's chaos. Lots of rickshaws.

NoluckBoston

Neobie is handsome. :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
LEG 5 (Malaysia --> Sri Lanka) EPISODE ANALYSIS:
This episode has been an interesting a leg! Our long, lost friend named flight drama returned to the TAR screen to try and show what all-stars really is about. Too bad it wasn't as abrupt like Charla & Mirna getting on a last minute flight to Honolulu in ther final Leg, but it's good enough in comparison to the obviously lazy editors this season (seriously, they even got Joey & Meghan's flashback season wrong in the previous episode). An exclusive, greatly appreciated effort of Neobie trying to save Margie & Luke from falling too far behind the pack deserves a round of applause. However, even though the flight drama proved to be pretty refreshing, the rest of the Leg took a nosedive. Especially not showing which Detour Margie & Luke finished or showing who performed the Roadblock, most likely Margie though. Like I said earlier, lazy editors.

DETOUR: (Fish On Stilts or Spin On Stilts)
This Leg's Detour felt rather undeveloped for me. In both choices, there were major flaws that made me make some weird grimaces at the TV. In the traditional Sri Lankan dance, I felt like teams just had to spin 360` and do something similar to TAR17's plate spinning to get a marginal pass. I honestly didn't enjoy seeing this generic type of task. The stilt fishing had a great amount of potential, but seriously? Two fish whether the size of a krill? Instead of making the goal quantity, how about making the challenge to gather as MANY fish to reach 3-5 lbs? Like what Jet said, "I wish we had time to weigh it." :res:
DETOUR SCORE: 4/10

ROADBLOCK:
Sewing drove teams to insanity... not really. Only Flight Time had the guts to show off AKA "practice" his basketball spinning skills while in a factory. :lol: I felt this task was decent, but it was just boring to see Roadblock performers helping each other. Only Leo made the sewing actually seem more exciting. The sewing took a while, but people who have a good eye for detail stitched through it.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 7/10

OTHER SCORES
LEG DIFFICULTY: 8/10
TRAVEL DRAMA: 8/10
SEWING HUMOR: 2/10
OVERALL SCORE: 6/10
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I liked the flight drama a lot this leg, and it was very fun to see Brendon and Rachel taking a risk!

With respect to the leg itself, I liked both the Detour and the Roadblock itself and they kind of showed some drama, but I wish there would have been a difficulty spike to them though to make it All Stars worthy.

I also felt like that having Margie and Luke way behind hurt the episode a lot and made it very anticlimactic. If teams were battling for last at the Roadblock, I think it would be wayyyy more interesting.

Overall an okay leg for me. I felt like it had potential, if difficulty was spiked, but Margie and Luke really dropped the drama out of it.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think if both the detour are more difficult factor, Maggie and Luke might have a chance to catch up. But they might way behind and the edit just made us think that they are not too far behind (they went to the RB when Brenchel and Globetrotters still do the RB).

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
when they didn't show Margie and Luke performing the Detour, you kinda figured they're the ones who got the boot ...
Luke was mature this time I am surprised...
Good job on Brenchel for making a tight connection...
but from what it looks like the plane was probably delayed a bit...
how come you were still able to board when the gate was already closing?

Sri Lanka was so beautiful.
I wish the Roadblock was also outdoorsy...

And is it just me but how well did Caroline & Jen did so far... I am kinda bumped that they were still in.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
when they didn't show Margie and Luke performing the Detour, you kinda figured they're the ones who got the boot ...
Luke was mature this time I am surprised...
Good job on Brenchel for making a tight connection...
but from what it looks like the plane was probably delayed a bit...
how come you were still able to board when the gate was already closing?

Sri Lanka was so beautiful.
I wish the Roadblock was also outdoorsy...

And is it just me but how well did Caroline & Jen did so far... I am kinda bumped that they were still in.
2nd place is the best result they have made (the best placement they got in season 22 was 3rd)
when they left the factory in 2nd , i was praying that they went on to win the leg
Being a fan of the country girls , i was amazed by their performance in the latest episodes

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It was a pretty fun episode. The fishing Detour was definitely boring, but the Plates Detour actually looked cool and while it seemed like a basic dancing task, it just was pretty fun to watch. The recycled Roadblock was eh.

But this episode definitely delivered in Airport Drama and task drama, so I still enjoyed it.

Next week looks really fun though. :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
The episode is good.
Flight drama + No more assigned flights =  :hrt:
Neobie's on TV!
The detour is pretty okay to me. It was balanced... I guess. The spinning detour looks cool. I'm not a fan of fishies or fishing, but i really think that the detour is somewhat balanced.
The rb location was... familiar to me. It was the same location used in TARA4! :o Then I checked Wikipedia to make sure: I wasn't wrong.
I'm not a fan of CaroJen but I hoped that they would've won the leg. It was my first time (and definitely everybody else's) seeing them on a footrace for 1st, but I think Dave & Connor deserved this leg. CaroJen should've won the previous leg, too bad there were assigned flights.
Margie & Luke: :torche At least they left the race with a good reputation, by keeping calm this time around. :)
I don't know what flaws I can point out this leg. So far, it's one of the best legs.
No W-turn on preview? :(

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3