Author Topic: TAR 24 EP 7 "The Gladiators Are Here!" Rome, Italy *spoilers*  (Read 27063 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 24 EP 7 "The Gladiators Are Here!" Rome, Italy *spoilers*
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 07:40:33 PM »
:yess:

One more!

AND park MAP LINK: http://www.tuttocitta.it/mappa/roma/viale-del-parco-del-celio

And if memory serves, and even though it was at night, this looks line it was the location of a route marker clue box in season one after teams finally got into Rome in spite of an air traffic controllers strike.
-- theschnauzers

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 01:15:42 AM »
AND park MAP LINK: http://www.tuttocitta.it/mappa/roma/viale-del-parco-del-celio

And if memory serves, and even though it was at night, this looks line it was the location of a route marker clue box in season one after teams finally got into Rome in spite of an air traffic controllers strike.

No the season 1 route marker was on Via Del Colosseo about 100 meters north of here.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 03:25:52 AM »
TEAMS RACE TO ITALY WHERE RACERS AND ROMAN GLADIATORS SQUARE OFF IN A MEDIEVAL DETOUR, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, APRIL 13

“The Gladiators Are Here!” – Teams race to Rome, Italy, where Racers and Roman gladiators square off in a medieval Detour. Plus, three teams strike a deal in order to try to avoid elimination, on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 24 EP 7 "The Gladiators Are Here!" Rome, Italy
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 08:51:00 AM »
if guys dont now what is galdator was a slave they was force fight for life some where kill famous os spartcaus who fight rome miltary after escape
The company that "produces" Gladiator School and reenacts many epic battles is Gruppo Historico Romano. They have a "training facility" on the Appian Way, that is nowhere near a subway stop. They stage battles all over Rome and have been to other provinces as well.

We were fortunate to go to this Gladiator School last October -- it was a blast! They teach you all sorts of combat with sticks and knives and you get to wear some wicked heavy armor. We had a gladiatrix (who moonlighted / moonlit? as an opera singer) as our instructor. Hoping to see her on the show. The most interesting tidbit that we learned was that in the fights in the Colosseum, many of them were fixed -- apparently, gladiators were the professional wrestlers of their time. Once a slave won enough battles and bought their freedom - they were basically "unbeatable." (Unless some powerful person took a dislike to them). Very cool experience.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »
TEAMS RACE TO ITALY WHERE RACERS AND ROMAN GLADIATORS SQUARE OFF IN A MEDIEVAL DETOUR, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, APRIL 13

“The Gladiators Are Here!” – Teams race to Rome, Italy, where Racers and Roman gladiators square off in a medieval Detour. Plus, three teams strike a deal in order to try to avoid elimination, on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)
I wonder which teams strike this deal, and if it has to do with a Double U-Turn! :D
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 04:35:26 PM »

No the season 1 route marker was on Via Del Colosseo about 100 meters north of here.
100 meters -- 300 feet is a football pass away; you'd be hard pressed to distinguish the distance on a satellite photo.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »
if guys dont now what is galdator was a slave they was force fight for life some where kill famous os spartcaus who fight rome miltary after escape
The company that "produces" Gladiator School and reenacts many epic battles is Gruppo Historico Romano. They have a "training facility" on the Appian Way, that is nowhere near a subway stop. They stage battles all over Rome and have been to other provinces as well.

We were fortunate to go to this Gladiator School last October -- it was a blast! They teach you all sorts of combat with sticks and knives and you get to wear some wicked heavy armor. We had a gladiatrix (who moonlighted / moonlit? as an opera singer) as our instructor. Hoping to see her on the show. The most interesting tidbit that we learned was that in the fights in the Colosseum, many of them were fixed -- apparently, gladiators were the professional wrestlers of their time. Once a slave won enough battles and bought their freedom - they were basically "unbeatable." (Unless some powerful person took a dislike to them). Very cool experience.

Thank you so much for this dogparent!! Great info!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 09:08:09 PM »

I wonder which teams strike this deal, and if it has to do with a Double U-Turn! :D

Personally, I think this is where alliances come out, and the Brenchel/Country feud starts <3

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 09:08:43 PM »

Thank you so much for this dogparent!! Great info!!

Galdtor school where sue train salves to became gladtors

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 11:07:48 AM »
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline dogparent

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »
What a great movie-Audrey Hepburn's first!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/16/article-2462556-18C5097600000578-742_638x503.jpg

Then they must go to La Bocca della Verità!!!!

If they do, will Leo and Jamal end up without hands?
:)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:17 AM »
What a great movie-Audrey Hepburn's first!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/16/article-2462556-18C5097600000578-742_638x503.jpg

Then they must go to La Bocca della Verità!!!!

If they do, will Leo and Jamal end up without hands?
:)
No they won't, they haven't been villainous this season.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2014, 11:36:29 PM »
New preview:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rYRrxnKT9rQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rYRrxnKT9rQ</a>

So another detour is a kind of game. Connor seems to hold a controlling pad.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:42:22 PM by paradoxinee »

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2014, 11:38:55 PM »
The Amazing Race - The Gladiators Are Here!

A challenge comes along that is so epic it can only be accomplished by The Amazing Race All Stars! It's a Roman holiday not to be missed on The Amazing Race, Sunday, April 13th at 8/7c.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rYRrxnKT9rQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/rYRrxnKT9rQ</a>

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2014, 11:44:58 PM »
GMTA!! Thanks guys!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2014, 11:56:14 PM »
I think the second detour is in Parco del colle oppio.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
CBS PRESS PICS!

"The Gladiators are Here!" Season 24 Episode 7
In Detour B, Newlyweds Rachel (center) and Brendon (right) must make their way to the legendary Colosseum in Rome, change into gladiator costumes, and steer a horse and chariot around a timed race course in order to receive the next clue, on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Speed bump in Season 24 Episode 7
After coming in last in the previous leg, Country singers Jennifer (center) and Caroline (right) must perform a Speed Bump in which they must retrieve a typewriter from an antique dealer and find the building it resembles in order to continue the race, on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Caroline and Jennifer in Season 24 Episode 7
In Detour B, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must make their way to the legendary Colosseum in Rome, change into gladiator costumes, and steer a horse and chariot around a timed race course in order to receive the next clue, on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Connor and David in Season 24 Episode 7
In Detour B, Father/son team Connor (left) and David (right) must make their way to the legendary Colosseum in Rome, change into gladiator costumes, and steer a horse and chariot around a timed race course in order to receive the next clue, on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Running through Rome in Season 24 Episode 7
Harlem Globetrotters Herb (left) and Nate (right) make their way through the streets of Rome, on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Harlem Globetrotters in Season 24 Episode 7
Harlem Globetrotters Herb (left) and Nate (right) make their way to the next location on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Leo and Jamal in Season 24 Episode 7
Cousins Leo (left) and Jamal (right) make their way to the next location on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:57:43 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2014, 11:04:02 PM »
Speed bump in Season 24 Episode 7
After coming in last in the previous leg, Country singers Jennifer (center) and Caroline (right) must perform a Speed Bump in which they must retrieve a typewriter from an antique dealer and find the building it resembles in order to continue the race

So they must find the Vittorio Emmanuele Monument. I knew it was called a wedding cake by Italians but not about the typewriter resemblance!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2014, 11:15:36 PM »
 The Globetrotters are in front of the Channel Boutique in Via del Babuino and they are running towards Piazza di Spagna, they are only a few meters away.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2014, 02:36:22 PM »
Do we know if they are going to Vatican City (really hope they do!!!!)????
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »
Caps from the second preview!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:38:56 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2014, 03:28:14 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:48:49 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2014, 08:46:22 PM »
Oh my!  :umn: Leo (?) is so bad, that he gets booted back to the training camp-this one should be great!!    :funny:
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2014, 09:56:25 PM »
I'm hoping for the best in this Leg, but it's hard to do so after I saw a REMOTE CONTROL chariot task. Who are the cheapskates that designed this task? :groan:

I'm wondering if there is going to be a Fast Forward in this Leg. It's already Leg 7 and we haven't seen hints of a FF yet. Could it be another case of TAR18?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 03:07:38 AM »
I'm hoping for the best in this Leg, but it's hard to do so after I saw a REMOTE CONTROL chariot task. Who are the cheapskates that designed this task? :groan:

I'm wondering if there is going to be a Fast Forward in this Leg. It's already Leg 7 and we haven't seen hints of a FF yet. Could it be another case of TAR18?

IIRC when we found the webcam of the Spanish Steps the day of, we saw everyone but Brenchel performing the task. That, plus the cap of Brenchel performing the horse Detour suggests that there's not a FF this leg (or they bail on it again *shrugs*).

Though this makes me wonder about something else - there's been exactly 0 caps of Jet and Cord at either Detour this leg (though we know Jet performs the RB) and, in general, not a whole lot of promotional material about them this leg, which is a stark contrast to most of the other legs this season. Maybe they use up the Express Pass?

In more factual news, Leo and Jamal are headed for Ponte Sant'Angelo (their clue reads blahblahblah Bridge so I'm making the logical leap here), which is their first destination in Rome.  :inocent: