Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 4 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 14269 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What a Detour <3333

For a replacement leg, all I can say is WOW.

The predetermined flights and no proper intro is still disgusting but oh well.

Brenchel <33333

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cast Ranking For Leg 4:

LOVE:

Brendon & Rachel- They continue to surprise. They have the hilarious moments (Rachel's pantyhose lmao), and they are genuinely nice people and even though they were last, they #NeverGiveUp. The only REAL All-Star in this cast left, and I wish them all the best next week on their mad connection and Speed Bump #TeamBrenchel :').

Jessica & John- Mad props to Jessica for finishing the Roadblock and pushing through the pain with her foot. They are going along well as a very very fun couple, and while again, (i repeat) they are FAR from being All-Stars, they are a completely rootable and humble team. Not to mention they finished a whole DJ performance after the Country Singers left, and then they checked in a mere seconds after CaroJen. It should be VERY VERY interesting to see them racing along with everyone without the disgusting flight bunches we've seen since Leg 3.

Caroline & Jennifer- One word. HAPPY. They are racing along well with the enthusiasm being super high. They continue to be a solid, competitive team, and I am definitely rooting for them. They pushed through that DJ task like it was NOTHING.

Margie & Luke- Margie is still most definitely "the bionic woman". She pushes through tasks like they were nothing, and she continues to be the driving force of the team, excelling through challenges and never giving up, even if Luke melts down and wants to quit, Margie will keep on fighting.

Leo & Jamal- A bit under the radar this leg, but still very very likable. Racing along well, being generally nice, and ultimately a fun cousins team. They are FAAAAAAAR from being the best M/M post UB, but they sure are jumping up a lot of spots up.

DISLIKE:

Dave & Connor- Welcome to the Dave & Connor Achilles Inspirational Talk 2.0! :res:

HATE:

Flight Time & Big Easy- LOOUUUUUD. They continue to be loud, annoying, and grating, and I would have very much seen the Flight Time & Big Easy from the first leg than the one now. The only good thing I can say about them right now is that the cocky Flight Time & Big Easy haven't emerged yet. But I guarantee, we WILL see that side of them again. :res:

Jet & Cord- Ugh. Another first place for them. Not only are they totally unrootable, they continue to get their forced and annoying music, and not to mention the fact that they seem like they don't even know what show they're on. While teams like Brendon & Rachel and Country as well as JJ!!!! are completely happy to be racing, they seem like they are going through the motions. Please, PLEASE be eliminated soon.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
This leg... the detour made it better. :colors
- The leg is... short. It felt short. The roadblock looks tough, but not time consuming. There were flights in the middle of the leg. The detour made it better at least. I was wishing for an ARI since the rb seemed really short. From these, I think there's a cancelled leg, and this leg was the sub.
- Cord taking 47 attempts at the rb. :funny: They're funny at least at the part with the cord-ination. :funny:
- The detour is awesome. From the detour names, to the tasks themselves.
- The roadblock looked hard... but fast. Just today, but before, I can't even imagine someone falling to 3rd place after 47 attempts. :funny:
- The 2nd flight being delayed, but luckily catching up with the 3rd.
- CaroJen making a miracle this leg, especially at the detour. Tbh, I don't like this team, but they deserve a 1st place this leg, too bad they were on the 2nd "batch."
- 3rd consecutive time with a short intro. :res: I skip the intro sometimes, but I miss it. :(
- The Afghanimals are entertaining to watch, especially this leg. I think they deserve a 1st place win soon. It's just too bad they can't win over the cowboys. :funny:
- Malaysian semi-night leg: Not bad, I just don't like the leg structure (the one with a flight in the middle). The Malaysian night lights are awesome.
- Rachel is keeping her calm. At least she changed for the better this season.
- The teams from the back could barely catch up. :( So for these 2 Malaysian legs, prod'n prepared the flights for the teams. If flights are limited, then we can't do anything. :( But teams like JJ and Brenchel could not catch up to the 1st batch. If leg 3 were a NEL, YouTube most likely won't make it with the 1st batch. :( At least there will be a Brenchel flight drama on the next leg. :yess:

The thing I'm feeling pretty concerned about is the leg structure and tasks compared to last season. :( Both 1st legs suck. :res: But the 2nd leg was better than the 1st legs. Then the 3rd leg, all the way to... I forgot, of last season was great. Then the 3rd and 4th leg of this season divided the teams by flights. On the 3rd leg, if they had the flight with more teams become the last flight, it would've been better I guess. For leg 4, I think I don't like having a flight in the middle of the leg.

I hope the tasks for the next leg will be better. :hoot:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Is it me or Rachel is enjoying this season more than the first one? I mean, without Art/JJ and Vanessa she looks like having no extra pressure of dealing with the bickering and the continued fights. And now we can see another side of her.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Is it me or Rachel is enjoying this season more than the first one? I mean, without Art/JJ and Vanessa she looks like having no extra pressure of dealing with the bickering and the continued fights. And now we can see another side of her.

I've always thought without adversity or hate, Rachel flows well. Art and JJ and Vanessa are just crap tbh and worst than her in TAR 20.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!

I've always thought without adversity or hate, Rachel flows well. Art and JJ and Vanessa are just crap tbh and worst than her in TAR 20.

She did alot better in BB the second time around, with the calming influence of Jordan, and the early boot of Dani

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
I think the race is fixed :funny:  I think last night's leg was going to be an elimination, but barring viewer outrage, (Rachel helping Marge and Luke thus putting themselves in last place)they changed it to non-elimination.  Good for them, I probably would have stopped watching this season if Brenchal had been eliminated because of this.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The race is not fixed, these non elimination legs are predetermined

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
these non elimination legs are predetermined

There are attorneys on site to be sure of this.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
these non elimination legs are predetermined

There are attorneys on site to be sure of this.

As a lawyer I can say that's absolutely true. For example in my legal system companies that give prizes or start a competition usually deposit the terms of these or even the numbers of the winning lottaries in a public notary to assure the participants of their impartiality. Most likely the producers of TAR before each race they give to a third impartial party (like a lawyer, a notary) a list of all the legs and their predetermined outcome, EL or NEL or TBC to protect themselves from lawsuits from eliminated teams.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
In the US, TAR is governed by rules for game shows adopted by the Federal Communications Commission, and under those rules, they have to provide all the details of the route, tasks, and alternate routes, legs and tasks; and would include the elimination points/legs in an affidavit that is sealed before filming starts.

This has been known since season one, and the rules have not been changed in that time. A competition show, is a game show, and that's why those rules apply. The game show rules originated in the US following a quiz show scandal in the 1950s that was the subject of a major motion picture (1994) "Quiz Show," directed by Robert Redford, and starring  Ralph Fiennes, John Turturro, amd Rob Morrow, and which was nominated for four Academy Awards.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
I just finally was able to watch the episode, and I can't really believe what I'm reading here...

We have always known and there is proof that every Non Elimination Leg is predetermined before the race starts... No matter who is in last place if it is a NEL there is nothing to do about it...

I've never been on Brenchel side, I've always thought Rachel is just annoying and as Margie said "the biggest crybaby" but I have to admit encouraging Luke and Margie to keep going without taking the penalty, that prayer that she did with Brendam, the idea that she refused to give up, unlike her original season was awesome it made me see a side of her that I've never considered. I hope I see more of that.

It was a cool leg. Still think that this legs have been incredible short. The detour was great, both sides were challenging, and see Jessica another racer that I've never really thoght about just go with her feets like that was really cool to watch.

Really good episode, probably the best so far... but still the legs are too short... or they seem to short because all the teams are really close to each other.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I think I'm the only one alone here but the night leg in KL was bad. Besides getting to see the Petronas Tower at night, the fact that there's only one task in KL??? and where all the male teams got an advantage for it AGAIN for 2 legs in a row.

We knew that Brendon and Rachel were going to be NEL'ed based on spoilers and I also knew that Margie and Luke were going to be in 7th place because going into the next leg, they were "dead last". But I just didn't expected it to be down to both teams which I really like this season. Wow for Rachel, nothing but applause for her and for Luke, to change his attitude and make up for his tantrum. There's always this dynamics for these teams which made them so fun to watch.. as compared to teams like Jet and Cord and Dave and Connor, who's just really cruising through and even had bad puns like they are butter cause they are on a roll? :res: (More like big losers because this will be the 3rd million dollars they will lose LOL)

Disliked the Roadblock placed before the flights, disliked the assigned flights, disliked the unfair Detour choice, disliked that both Detours are at the same location (which is a good location to actually place a W-TURN?), disliked the music mixing Detour which is more like a no-brainer than an actual task. The only thing that delivered for me was the cocktail thing which is the first time we've actually seen teams doing something like that. To be honest, that would have been a good Fast Forward task IMHO. (You really need to be good to do it well and if not, you just suffer)

One of the worst legs of this season, and I was so bored throughout, knowing that the Roadblock didn't matter, the flights were sucky (except for the random delay <3) and going into the Detour, it was just a matter of those teams who did the music mixing will complete before those who did the cocktails.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Jet & Cord- Ugh. Another first place for them. Not only are they totally unrootable, they continue to get their forced and annoying music, and not to mention the fact that they seem like they don't even know what show they're on. While teams like Brendon & Rachel and Country as well as JJ!!!! are completely happy to be racing, they seem like they are going through the motions. Please, PLEASE be eliminated soon.

The editors are just biased towards them I guess. They get a feature EVERY week and then, even when there's a recap, they say things like "Cord took a plunge" (referring to the RB in Leg 3), and there I'm like... EVERY MEMBER IN A TEAM WHO DID THE ROADBLOCK TOOK A PLUNGE... Is that the most exciting you can say about the Cowboys?

And then I realized, yes.. that's the most exciting thing you can get from the Cowboys. The fact that they are always first and they get a feature or mention, and when they fall to the back, it's surprising and they get a feature and mention AGAIN? So what does that mean...? The editors are just biased. Duh.

I can't believe they made teams from Leg 2 like John and Jessica and Brendon and Rachel to keep getting a disadvantage based on flights. It's just annoying and even if Joey and Meghan made it last leg, it wouldn't have made a difference because they will get disadvantaged AGAIN this leg. Kudos to John and Jessica for sticking it through. <3 Liking their humility more each day BUT they are still really under the radar.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TBH I loved the leg in Kuala Lumpur and I thought it was great with the Detour. I did wish there was more in KL but what was there was really good. I didn't mind the assigned flights because they were spaced well, it's just that I wished that there was a more difficult Roadblock in sabah that would have made more of a position shuffle.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Disliked the Roadblock placed before the flights, disliked the assigned flights, disliked the unfair Detour choice, disliked that both Detours are at the same location (which is a good location to actually place a W-TURN?), disliked the music mixing Detour which is more like a no-brainer than an actual task. The only thing that delivered for me was the cocktail thing which is the first time we've actually seen teams doing something like that. To be honest, that would have been a good Fast Forward task IMHO. (You really need to be good to do it well and if not, you just suffer)

I can't believe they made teams from Leg 2 like John and Jessica and Brendon and Rachel to keep getting a disadvantage based on flights. It's just annoying and even if Joey and Meghan made it last leg, it wouldn't have made a difference because they will get disadvantaged AGAIN this leg. Kudos to John and Jessica for sticking it through. <3 Liking their humility more each day BUT they are still really under the radar.

I agree by 150% on the boldfaced texts.
1.) Unfair detour choice: Luke has the disadvantage. :(
2.) Why is there no W-turn on the preview for the 5th leg. :gaah: When will it pop-out?
3.) It's been a while since we've seen more FFs. :( This cocktail detour was just PERFECT! I can't believe I never noticed that. They should have that task as a switchback, because it is the best task for the whole season... so far.
4.) I remembering mentioning this, even the YouTube getting a disadvantage. Imo, I think JJ would've gotten a higher placement for the 2 recent legs if there were no assigned flights to teams.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I understand what you mean, Jimmer. I think I was being too critical to really enjoy a Detour that could have been really good without all the factors I've mentioned. Can you imagine that if this is an elimination leg and Luke and Margie can only do one Detour choice and actually gets eliminated because of that?? How unfair would that have been. :( That was why I said I didn't enjoy the Detour, considering that it's Allstars, they could have thought through this more thoroughly even if it had been a replacement leg. Who says replacement legs can't be good? Why does it always have to be sloppish? It's time for TAR to prove otherwise? :(