Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 4 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 14273 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Globes and JJ are going to go try DJing on the dance floor. Caroline says that scratching is not close to singing, and singing is not a transferrable skill. :funny:

Margie & Luke still having trouble with cocktails.

Globes are going for their attempt, but they are booed. :lol: Jessica & John are trying now but they aren't approved either. Brenchel are really struggling on the detour, and they think about switching. Brenchel get really close. Margie & Luke are still not very close. Luke is super frustrated and Margie tells him to get rid of that frustration.

Jessica & John fail again. Globes trying again. Flight Time messes up. Country singers are now trying.

Brenchel fail on their 20th attempt. Margie is close on her 19th attempt, but still no.

Caroline & Jennifer are doing really well, wow. WOW THEY FINISH THE DETOUR IN 4TH!

Leo & Jamal arrive at the pit stop in team #3. Jamal says that cowboys are tough to beat.

Pit stop:
1st - Jet & Cord
2nd - Dave & Connor
3rd - Leo & Jamal

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
Who, in heaven's name, wears pantyhose on the Amazing Race?  In the tropics :crazy:
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
WOW JESSICA & JOHN FINISH THE DETOUR IN 5TH???

Margie and Brenchel still having trouble. Brenchel on their 28th attempt. Margie & Luke on their 23rd attempt.

Globes finish the detour in 6th! WOW.

Margie & Luke and Brenchel are the last 2 teams. Luke says this is really frustrating and he thought about the tea challenge. Margie tells Luke he has low frustration level. Luke drops the glasses on the floor, and they break. He goes to the washroom. Margie waits outside.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Good of Brenchel to encourage Margie & Luke!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Back with Margie & Luke. Margie tells Luke to clean up the glasses that he broke.

Brenchel are trying to cheer Luke up! Aw! Brenchel sign applause for him! And Brendon hits Luke on the bum lol.

Country singers arrive at the pit stop in 4th. Jessica & John are team #5.

Luke thinks about taking a time penalty. Margie asks Brenchel if they want to do the penalty. Rachel says she doesn't want to and she encourages Margie to continue.

Flight Time & Big Easy are team #6.

Margie says Luke's behaviour totally changed after Rachel talked to them. Margie & Luke finish the roadblock before Brenchel!

Margie & Luke are team #7! At the mat, they talk about how Rachel was so encouraging.

Pit stop:
1st - Jet & Cord
2nd - Dave & Connor
3rd - Leo & Jamal
4th - Caroline & Jennifer
5th - Jessica & John
6th - Flight Time & Big Easy
7th - Margie & Luke

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
I wonder what the Facebook fans will say about Brenchel after this :lol:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Brenchel continue. Rachel does a prayer. Aw. This is really sweet. "If we go home, we go home but at least we'll finish." Brenchel finish after 3 hours 12 minutes. :o

Brendon & Rachel are the last team to arrive... BUT IT'S A NON-ELIMINATION LEG! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: YESSSSSSS. They will encounter a speedbump on the next leg.

Pit stop:
1st - Jet & Cord
2nd - Dave & Connor
3rd - Leo & Jamal
4th - Caroline & Jennifer
5th - Jessica & John
6th - Flight Time & Big Easy
7th - Margie & Luke
8th - Brendon & Rachel (NEL)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I wonder what the Facebook fans will say about Brenchel after this :lol:

It's already kicking off :lol:  :funny:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
YESSSS John/Jess  :conf:

Amazing positivity, Rachel, such a sport to help Luke/Margie perk up.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Brenchel were great this leg. :luvya:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

The cowboys go fishing. The Globetrotters go for a spin. Brenchel go for broke... They're trying for a 30 minute connection? WOW.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Look like facebook fans never learn but Rachel does so guess who are the better person now?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:09:01 PM by alecbaldwin »

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
Hi guys!

My first time on live streaming abnd I/m really surprisede that it worked so good on my not-so-good internet ;) However I wasn't sure when it started in my time zone so I watched like the last 20 minutes, but it seems I might become a regular guest on that ;)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
LEG 4 (Malaysia) EPISODE ANALYSIS
An all-Malaysia Leg, all the time. Although the mandatory flights are pointless because it created no extreme transportation panic, the partially challenging Detour made up for the idiocrasy. The Petronas Towers at night is a beautiful sight to see especially when Kuala Lumpur is luminescent throughout downtown. The club music played honestly relieved me from listening to the boring modern TAR's localized music for a change. Other than that, I have no other comments for this Leg as there was no other happenings except for the major tasks.

ROADBLOCK: The bamboo trampoline Roadblock was a bit tough for selected teams, but ultimately pointless as every team caught up while waiting for their flights to Kuala Lumpur.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 4/10

DETOUR: (Master Mix or Mix Master)
The Detour kept really good sustenance in the difficulty level of both options. In the DJ scratching, teams had to pay close attention to the noises from the boomboxes. If teams make the slightest mistake whether one scratch more or less, they will have to start the seven tracks all over again. In the cocktail trick, teams had loads of issues finding the correct way of pouring seven drinks simultaneously even smashing glasses at one point... Luke :res:.
DETOUR SCORE: 10/10

OTHER SCORES
LEG DIFFICULTY: 8/10
TEAM DRAMA: 6/10
ANGER MANAGEMENT: 2/10
Overall Score: 8/10

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Hi guys!

My first time on live streaming abnd I/m really surprisede that it worked so good on my not-so-good internet ;) However I wasn't sure when it started in my time zone so I watched like the last 20 minutes, but it seems I might become a regular guest on that ;)

Glad it worked for you!  :hoot: :hoot:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Omg the Detour was so great <3  loved it

Brenchel growing up was so great and I love them even more! Yay it was a non elimination leg <3

I just wish we could have had a different Roadblock in Kuala Lumpur and we didn't have mid leg travel, because it almost never works out well.

At least this time a great Detour kind of nullified the mid leg travel and it worked decently well.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Dave and Connor are doing great  :hearts:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
A few things I noticed.

Cord and Jet were no more experienced in bartending than Dave and Conner were, but Cord in particular went several times to watch the real bartender do the task, and he was studying it very carefully. That, and their patience got them, especially Cord through both the roadblock and the detour.

Rachel has really made an effort to stay calm this season, and it rubbed off on Luke. It probably will help Luke further in the Race than just that task. Even John and Jessica are showing a new leaf this season compared to their original season.

It's been an interesting dynamic not to have teams baiting and fighting each other. Reminds me of the good ole days. I liked this leg a lot, as the tasks were not as simple as it might have seemed, and challenged the teams a lot. This on top of the physical challenges last week point to this season returning to a far more challenging and less simplistic approach to the tasks, a trend that I like a lot.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:10:25 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
You know you need to CHILL when Rachel R., former Big Brother crazy girl, is the one calming you down. Very valuables lessons learned this Leg.

The Batu Caves are stunning! Just how I remembered them from TAR11's Route Info. :wohoo:
It's a shame they couldn't run up the endless amount of stairs to the Pit Stop. That would have been pretty awesome.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
It's a shame they couldn't run up the endless amount of stairs to the Pit Stop. That would have been pretty awesome.
So true.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The Batu Caves are stunning! Just how I remembered them from TAR11's Route Info. :wohoo:

IIRC, TPTB used that street intersection location near the Petronas Towers in the past for route information clues. But I do believe its the first time at night. And yes, we've seen the Batu Caves before, and some of this season's teams would be able to get up those stairs a lot faster than other teams. (Shades of the Great Wall back in TAR 1 :) )
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Have to say I am disappointed in transportation this season. AGAIN! production provided the flights. This is ALLSTARS!! We should be seeing teams hunting for their own way.  :groan: Not the dumbed down version.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Did anybody else feel that the Brenchel plot in this episode strongly reeks of winner edit?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Jason and Amy's edit? Lol.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Have to say I am disappointed in transportation this season. AGAIN! production provided the flights. This is ALLSTARS!! We should be seeing teams hunting for their own way.  :groan: Not the dumbed down version.

This season is somewhat disappointing not only in production providing flights but also the legs have all felt a bit short when it comes to actual tasks. Do they have a reduced budget or something because I feel that most of the legs in recent memory have been short compared to legs in other editions and even earlier editions of TAR. Probably not the place to discuss this though xD
It's Clobbering Time!