Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 3 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 23841 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Kota Kinabalu was already visited in TAR4. I remember that. They went there with the priest and one of the surfers said that "she reminded me to my grandmother". I think it was the Gua Gomantong epic RB where Kelly and Jon passed Millie & Chuck, and the epic race to the pitstop <3

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Good episode, but Dave & Connor are entering the dangerous zone of being all about "Achilles tendon" and "racing with crutches", like they were with cancer last time.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Good episode, but Dave & Connor are entering the dangerous zone of being all about "Achilles tendon" and "racing with crutches", like they were with cancer last time.

IKR.

And we had too many "Last time in Leg 2...", "Last time in Leg 3..." moments. Good thing they'll run out of legs from "last time" soon...
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3

And we had too many "Last time in Leg 2...", "Last time in Leg 3..." moments. Good thing they'll run out of legs from "last time" soon...

:funny: alol

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

IKR.

Soon they'll be like "it's nice to not be in Elimination Station"
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

IKR.

Yeah I really hope it stops.

At least we haven't heard the word cancer yet which is good

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

IKR.

Yeah I really hope it stops.

At least we haven't heard the word cancer yet which is good

Something that surprises me is that Jet & Cord haven't said anything about the U-Turn from their last season. Considering Flight Time & Big Easy are back as well they'd try to play up the drama between them.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Was it just me or did it feel like YouTube got less total airtime than the Twinnies? I was also expecting Rachel to implode but she held herself together pretty well.
The story so far:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think they mentioned the Achilles...like ONCE? And remember that IS why they are back. It is unrealistic to expect CBS to NOT bring that up. Just saying...we'll be hearing it again.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
Was it just me or did it feel like YouTube got less total airtime than the Twinnies? I was also expecting Rachel to implode but she held herself together pretty well.

Rachel was a goddess this episode.  So many opportunities to totally lose it, and she was pretty damn mellow through it all.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I have a lot of comments on this episode, which I'll post in a bit. :P

Overall, it was a very VERY good episode but I have a major complaint.

WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE THE FLIGHTS?  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

IT WAS A LEG THAT COULD REALLY HAVE BENEFITED WITH EVERYONE RACING NEXT TO EACH OTHER AND THEN THEY DO THAT? :res:

Why couldn't the flights be determined by an Active Route Info task instead? Ugh.

Not to mention the continued shortened intro :res:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
CAST RANKINGS BASED ON EPISODE 3:

LOVE/LIKE:

Brendon & Rachel: Still the best team in the cast. They may have messed up, but they went through the leg hilariously and epicly. From Rachel doing the Roadblock in her underwear to prevent her sequins from getting wet, to their entire boat fail ("I LOST THE RAFT!"  :funny: :funny: :funny:), to even them getting a Survivor style montage, they are legitimately REAL All-Stars, and the saving grace of this season.

Joey & Meghan: Now that was a sad boot. Unfortunately, they redid their history (in a sense), and they got screwed over a LOT, first with the flights, then with their cab. It was nice to see Meghan have more of a voice this season, and even though Joey & Meghan may be called a lot of things, you can never truly call them quitters. Another continuation to our horrible boot list.

Jessica & John: They continue to be a fun engaged couple. They sure aren't "All Stars worthy", but they are sure much better this time around. Rooting for them, and surprisingly great. And with YouTube out of the Race, I hope they become the real bottom goddesses of the season. :lol:

Caroline & Jennifer: I just like them. Their energy is nice to watch, and they perform tasks really well. I can't really think of anything more than the fact that they are the only F/F team left that's extremely likeable.

Margie & Luke: Once again, Margie is the bionic woman indeed. Mad props to Margie for completely staying calm and cool throughout the leg while Luke complained and got flustered once again. Based on the preview next week, Margie's about to get FIERCE <33333, so I hope they survive the next leg at least because they are the best among the threepeaters, and one of the(shockingly!) best teams of the season.

Leo & Jamal: Toned-down Afghanimals are great Afghanimals. They did tasks well, their camera-playing was actually pretty funny this time, and I'm extremely happy to see them "be honest". Much more fun this time around.

Dislike:

Dave & Connor: We transition from cancer talk to Achilles talk! Hooray! :res:

HATE:

Flight Time & Big Easy: Once again, they're back to being loud. Ew.

HATE X1000000:

Jet & Cord: Wow, what "gentlemen" indeed! Their attitude about "not being first" is disgusting, and most especially their horrible attitude refusing to help the Afghanimals after Leo & Jamal helped them arrive at the correct Detour. Please, please be eliminated next.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
The island of Borneo is divided among 3 countries-Malaysia, Brunei and Indonesia.  It is a huge island.  Didn't TAR 6 go to Indonesia Borneo?

My mistake-it was TAR 4 that when to Kotu Kinabalu .  I am as bad as the producers. 
I  don't understand such dislike of the Cowboys any more than the love of someone who wears such ugly short shorts and flashing  in a Muslim country. (sorry, Peach, trying to find the right word to describe the short shorts)  But then it is only opinions
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Flights killed this episode, but the tasks compensated. Malaysia <3

Tbh, I don't really feel like watching the next 2 episodes, considering I know it's the end of the road soon for my favourite team this season. :'(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Overall IMO, this leg is pretty meh.
- The roadblock and detour were meh.
- No ARI to make the leg better.
- Afghanimals wanting to lie at the cowboys, but could not. :lol:
- Cowboys catching up as usual, plus their smooth flow comment from the Afghanimals during the latter's raft breaking apart. :funny:
- What did Dave & Connor do to get ahead of everyone else? ???
- CaroJen finishing last among the 1st flight teams. :res:
- Team JJ seems more likable now compared to their original season.
- Editors' error on Youtube's flashback. It was just 2 seasons ago. :lol:
- Brenchel finishing in 8th. They should've finished last so that they'd get a 9th place curse. :funny:
- I was expecting a keep on racing, but never mind.
- The leg looks a bit physical but it seems pretty meh to me.
- How did Brenchel fall from 1st? ???
- Cowboys got ahead of Afghanimals at the pit stop, good thing it wasn't for 1st. :funny:
- I was waiting for Rachel to cry. :lol:
- Youtube staying positive throughout the race. :)
- Big Easy's too big. :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Oh btw, Brendon and Rachel's Survivor style montage... premonition of their next reality show appearance? :funny:

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
Does any one have a map of the river?  Where Dave and Connor did the pull out seems to have been close to the clue giver.  Scenario-they miss the marker for the delivery, continue on and pull out at the clue giver.  They then run back to the chief with the goods.  The village seems to have been on a peninsula on the river, not a straight line.  So after delivery, teams continued down river but the river goes away from the village then comes back to the clue giver.  Then it is possible that the dart detour is at the top of the peninsula away from the village.  Just speculation.  Also the main rapids are after the delivery as no one has the box of supplies on the raft  through the rapids.  (Don't know about Dave and Connor)
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
i feel weird, but i like the previous leg ( Guang zhou 2 ) better than this one. i had major problems with the flight separation. firstly, the time gap was too big. and secondly, it's determined by the one and only taxi drivers.

the roadblock was very linear. the only thing that could make a team overtake another team is when someone completely missed the clue ( Jet and Cord ). unlike the previous leg where the roadblock completely scrambled the placement.

i have to say that the raft building was uniquely design and created drama. however the drama would've been more tense IF THEY ALSO USED MORE ADVENTUROUS AND MUCH LESS PLAYFUL MUSIC CLIPS. i'm seriously getting tired of this.

the detour was meh. it's better to see someone struggling in keeping shuttlecocks airborne rather than delivering goods to a chief. or hunting a fake animal with a blowpipe.

i don't know about you guys but i don't feel annoyed at all by the fact dave and conor talked about broken achilles. i was quite surprised by how little they've been talking about their problem in the last season. it was the ultimate background why they are chosen in all stars

i was quite disappointed, on the plus side, the preview of next week's episode looked very promising. and it was a night leg :D  :colors

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
So once again Dave & Connor win the 3rd leg. Will the "3rd leg winner curse" continues? :ascared
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
First: Yes, the departures times and the airplane groups... emm... no comment.  (:;)

Second: I don't know if I'm mistaking, but the clue not says that when they finished the detour they have to go river down to give the clue? Dave & Connor go running instead by the raft. I don't know, maybe i'm mistaking, but if i'm not... they had to have a penalty, I think. :/

Third: Achilles, Crutches... OMGG once again? This team is so bored.

Fourth: Joey & Meghan... <3 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I was disappointed in the 3 hour time difference between flights as well. It made it nearly impossible for one of the teams on the earlier flight to be eliminated. If it is true, as we have speculated a while back, that this was a hastily arranged pair of legs to replace ones in the Philippines, then it may be that these flights were the best they could arrange on short notice. The fact that they provided flights rather than let teams find them on their own may point to it being a change in plans.

I wonder if the teams got any coaching before they did the rafting or if they had people stationed along the rapids to rescue people if they got into trouble. Those didn't seem like serious rapids, but the teams didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. Even a fairly gentle set of rapids can cause serious trouble in the right situation. I nearly drowned in a canoeing accident many years back on a normally very gentle river. Nobody warned us that the river would be running high and fast in early April and that there might be downed trees just below the surface of the river, LOL. The scenes from the rafting gave me a touch of the willies, even though I knew nothing bad had happened (or it would have made news). I may be overly sensitive about this subject though.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
There are a couple of other things that point to "replacement legs," such as the time of departure from the pit stop was a rare nighttime departure which has been uncommon since TAR moved to filming in HD. Then in TAR 4, the legs were sufficiently planned to allow teams to self drive rather than use taxis during the leg. (Production would have had to arrange for Fords to be available for driving, since Ford is now a sponsor and we know that navigation is always a way to spread teams out.)

The detour task was fine for the location and the fact that it called for teams to use skills they might not have had. Some teams simply assembled their rafts poorly, or didn't properly move the raft in the water (which meant a lack of experience.) I can't recall any physical task where the Cowboys aren't fast. We've known this since their original season, and they're very consistent about this.

The roadblock was a psych out of the teams since they might not realize what the roadblock actually was, so while it might have been only a part of the waterfall to reach the clue, you still needed to get to the clues to grab one.

It's clear there was some order shuffling in the taxis both to the airport after leaving the pitstop, and during the leg. Joey and Meghan's downfall was releasing the taxi when they reached the roadblock location; I think they would have survived but for that mistake.
-- theschnauzers

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Second: I don't know if I'm mistaking, but the clue not says that when they finished the detour they have to go river down to give the clue? Dave & Connor go running instead by the raft. I don't know, maybe i'm mistaking, but if i'm not... they had to have a penalty, I think. :/

They went down to the clue giver first and brought the supply back to the chef, then run back again so they did not need to raft again after delivery.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
This leg minus the flights was pretty good. Best episode of the season for me

TARP_Lover

This leg minus the flights was pretty good. Best episode of the season for me

X