Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 3 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 23583 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Brendon & Rachel find their raft. They lost some of the parts for it... How the heck did Jessica & John's raft make it but theirs didn't??? Brendon swims upstream and grabs some vines and sticks. They manage to fix up their raft. Rachel just says she just wants to not die, lol.

John hits his target. John says he'll gather the berries next time and Jessica will hunt.

OMG BRENCHEL RUN INTO MORE TROUBLE WITH THE RAPIDS? They crash into rocks. Wow, they finally arrive at the hunter detour.

Joey & Meghan are going down the rapids fine.

Brendon hits his target. Woah. This little hunting montage thing feels like Survivor? Rachel says she has no clue where Joey & Meghan are so she's worried.

Jessica & John are team #7.

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
2nd - Jet & Cord
3rd - Leo & Jamal
4th - Margie & Luke
5th - Flight Time & Big Easy
6th - Caroline & Jennifer
7th - Jessica & John

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Brenchel randomly dropping to 8th <3

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rachel is having trouble hitting her target. Joey & Meghan are still rowing. Rachel hits her target. Joey & Meghan's raft is falling apart.

Brendon & Rachel arrive at the pit stop. They're team #8. Rachel is shocked.

Joey & Meghan are shown finishing the detour and arriving at the pit stop. They're the last team to arrive... And they've been eliminated from the race. Meghan said it's slightly embarrassing that they're out so soon, but Joey says they still had a fun time.

Pit stop:
1st - Dave & Connor
2nd - Jet & Cord
3rd - Leo & Jamal
4th - Margie & Luke
5th - Flight Time & Big Easy
6th - Caroline & Jennifer
7th - Jessica & John
8th - Brendon & Rachel
9th - Joey & Meghan (ELIMINATED)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Rachel you are your own worst enemy. <3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
YouTube  :(

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Did Brenchel just got a Survivor Edit?

The only way Joey&Meghan will survive this leg is with a NEL.

Aaaaand it didn't happen. They were eliminated. Sadly, I like this team, they are fun to watch and they are supportive to each other.

What a lame leg, pretty much a straight line.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Jessica fights through the pain. Her feet look terrible omg. :o

Luke loses his grip. He drops a huge glass pouring thing all over the ground. He doesn't look pleased.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Joey & Meghan :'(
This is the worst day ever.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This isn't acceptable behaviour Luke.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I loved the rafting task, I thought it was a great task full of drama. I just wish teams were closer together so we could see more drama.

Also, I usually love split flights, but I didn't it helped this leg because the bottom 3 were so far away from each other.  I wished everyone was bunched

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Omg what a great line <3

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
WORST LEG in ages.

First of all, after such crappy and altogether departure times, how do producers dare to put 3 teams fighting 3 hours behind?

Linear RB, with no way to pass any other team.

Dangerous Detour thing (I don't know which part of the task is the Detour, and which part of an ARI, if any, alol), but without place switching.

When you expect something else... Pitstop. RLY? I have stayed awake for this? I am annoyed now. And pissed off... tbh

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Omg what a great line <3

IKR. <3 And I really don'tlike them but the quote.<3

NoluckBoston

Omg what a great line <3

IKR. <3 And I really don'tlike them but the quote.<3

Loved it! Go Marge!.
He has a history of breaking dishware. lol.

I wonder if he will get bit by a bird again.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
LEG 3 (China ---> Malaysia) EPISODE ANALYSIS:
Kota Kinabalu exceeded my expectations after watching two generally poor Legs in Guangzhou, China. Transitioning from a developed metropolis to a rural region of Malaysian Borneo shocked some teams' waves a little. In more relevant terms, water rapids knocked them off their butts. After being disappointed from China, I was pleased to see the episode take a turn in a better direction with more transportation and task drama. I am still upset about the new Survivor-style intro though. I really don't see the point of cutting off all team scenes from the opening.

ROADBLOCK: Rappelling down 20% of a waterfall is not very challenging as the promos try to claim. There wasn't much point in the task as teams were only spread a bit more than switched in order. On the plus side, the natural beauty of Borneo's forestry really brought a fresh terrain in this "all-stars" season.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 5/10

DETOUR: Hunters or Gatherers
The Detour difficulty and effectiveness was actually pretty good. Both seem like simple tasks, but teams could get caught in a mess if they raft pass the designated drop-off point (Dave & Connor) or can't hit a target meters away (John of John & Jessica). I felt the Detour was straightforward though since there was no real challenge than the ones given. The slight level 2-3 river currents weren't that dangerous as the previews said they would be so I was kind of underwhelmed over that. However, I'll give them a plus for causing Margie & Luke and Brendon & Rachel problems in the river.
DETOUR SCORE: 8/10

OTHER SCORES:
LEG DIFFICULTY: 7/10
TEAM DRAMA: 7/10
JOHN SMITH vs. JOHN WAYNE: 9/10
OVERALL SCORE: 7/10
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I thought the leg was decent. I loved the rafting task, it was fab <3

I wished everyone was together without the flights and had it first would have been way better and it would have been great!

The Roadblock was dumb, I hated it.

And flights really took away a lot of drama that there could have been if everyone was together.

Overall it was decent.

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
Did anyone else notice that awkward flashback when Joey & Meghan were talking about walking to their Pit Stop in Season 22? The caption totally said Season 18. CBS fails at editing.  :groan:

Edited - I had accidentally said Season 28 (instead of Season 18), unless I just had some Nostradamus moment haha

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yeah I saw it and noticed it and it was ridiculous. Someone must have been tired on the editing crew. :lol:

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
Yeah I saw it and noticed it and it was ridiculous. Someone must have been tired on the editing crew. :lol:

Good thing I'm not the only one that noticed it then  :funny: A couple of people on Reddit also pointed it out. I had seen it, and I was like, "Wait...that can't be right..."

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Was there any particular reason why they referenced where they were as Malaysian Borneo rather than just Malaysia in general?

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
The island of Borneo is divided among 3 countries-Malaysia, Brunei and Indonesia.  It is a huge island.  Didn't TAR 6 go to Indonesia Borneo?
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Was there any particular reason why they referenced where they were as Malaysian Borneo rather than just Malaysia in general?

Well Malaysian Borneo distinguishes it from other parts of Borneo that are in other countries, but I don't see why they don't just say Malaysia TBH.