Author Topic: TAR 24 EP 4 "Smarter, Not Harder" Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia  (Read 25145 times)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 EP 4 "Smarter, Not Harder" Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »
Promo:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TES7MaBGwQM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TES7MaBGwQM</a>

So the Detour is Bartender or DJ?
Bartender: Dave and Connor, Brenchel, Maggie & Luke, Afghanimals, Cowboy
DJ: Globetrotters, Country Girls and maybe JJ

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2014, 07:50:27 AM »
Next episode seems great tbh <3
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2014, 09:12:12 AM »
Caps from the second preview!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:19:26 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »
Second part of caps.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:26:30 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Ikurriña

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »
You can see Jessica & John on cap 35

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »
Maybe the DJ thing is one team at a time? Jessica and John seem to be waiting? IDK.

But the atmosphere in there is like quite different as of what we've seen of Luke, isn't it?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 06:35:25 PM »
The Detour seems to be Bartending vs. DJing, which makes sense that Margie and Luke have to the Bartending option.
The RB is jumping to get the Sabah flag. Although, because Tanjung Aru is close to KK, I don't know where the Murut Longhouse could be. It doesn't make much sense to go close to KK, then go back to the jungle, then back to KK to fly.

Is there any possibility of a route info task in Tanjung Aru (ie: search the village for someone/something, similar to the looking for the eggplants in TAR21 Leg 5) Because Globes and Country Singers are smiling with the kids. Of course, it could just be the Pit Start.

I think that the Cowboys win the Leg because of Cord's joke. It was a good joke, too.

This Leg looks GREAT!!!!! Night Leg!!!!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 10:07:27 AM »
Is this the bartending task that we had video of brenchel performing ?

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »
Is this the bartending task that we had video of brenchel performing ?

Yes, they are doing the bar tending Detour. You can see part of Brenchel in vidcaps 30 & 31 upstream. 

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »
Will Big Easy be excluded from the Roadblock because he is too tall?
No, it will just be easier for him to grab the flag. Them being excluded from a Roadblock will appear more rigged.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 04:14:38 PM »
Usually a team member is only excluded due to height/weight limits from things like bungy, paragliding, parachuting etc. Big Easy was excluded from the high wire task already...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 04:15:33 PM »
What I wonder is...since we know Brenchel stuck out the Bartending Task...why in the world didn't they switch Detours? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 04:35:12 PM »
What I wonder is...since we know Brenchel stuck out the Bartending Task...why in the world didn't they switch Detours? ???
From what I remember back to BB12, Rachel R. worked as a Las Vegas cocktail waitress before her CBS days. She probably thinks her skills in serving drinks could come in handy during the bartending task.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 04:58:54 PM »
CBS PRESS PICTURES!

"Smarter, Not Harder" Season 24 Episode 4
In Detour B, Mother/son team Margie (left) and Luke (right) must mix seven cocktails and pour them simultaneously into a pyramid of glasses. Once the drinks are properly made, they then must deliever them across a pool in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Brendon and Rachel in Season 24 Episode 4
At the Detour Decision Point, Rachel (left) and Brendon (right) must choose between "Mix Master" and "Master Mix" both of which take place at the SkyBar on the top of the Traders Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Jennifer and Caroline in Season 24 Episode 4
Country singers Jennifer (left) and Caroline (right) make their way from the Pit Start to Prince Philip Park where they must search for the Murut Long House in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

On the way to the Pit Stop in Season 24 Episode 4
Country singers Jennifer (left) and Caroline (right) make their way from the Pit Start to Prince Philip Park where they must search for the Murut Long House in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Celebrating in Season 24 Episode 4
In Detour A, Country singers Jennifer (left) and Caroline (right) must learn how to DJ then play the master track for the dancing crowd at the SkyBar in the Traders Hotel on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Dave and Connor in Season 24 Episode 4
In Detour B, Father/son team David (left) and Connor (right) must mix seven cocktails and pour them simultaneously into a pyramid of glasses. Once the drinks are properly made, they then must deliever them across a pool in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Choosing their route in Season 24 Episode 4
At the Detour Decision Point, Father/son team David (left) and Connor (right) must choose between "Mix Master" and "Master Mix" both of which take place at the SkyBar on the top of the Traders Hotel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Globetrotters in Season 24 Episode 4
In Detour A, Harlem Globetrotters Nate (left) and Herb (right) must learn how to DJ then play the master track for the dancing crowd at the SkyBar in the Traders Hotel on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Margie and Luke in Season 24 Episode 4
In Detour B, Mother/son team Margie (left) and Luke (right) must mix seven cocktails and pour them simultaneously into a pyramid of glasses. Once the drinks are properly made, they then must deliever them across a pool in order to receive the next clue on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 06:50:15 PM »
That must be some leg if everyone did the RB at Day and then ended up at the Detour at night :O

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 06:58:49 PM »
That must be some leg if everyone did the RB at Day and then ended up at the Detour at night :O

Have we had a leg like that before? It'll be a good leg I reckon!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 07:10:24 PM »

From Sucks, apparently everyone took ages at the Detour, everyone struggled for a long time, and people were switching. This is why I'm excited for next week.  :funny:

The drama should be GOLD.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »

From Sucks, apparently everyone took ages at the Detour, everyone struggled for a long time, and people were switching. This is why I'm excited for next week.  :funny:

Imagine if there is a Double U-Turn  :funny:
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »

Imagine if there is a Double U-Turn  :funny:

Doubt it. This is an NEL.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2014, 02:21:41 AM »
new Preview peek...Afghanimals switch detours!  :oh

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/video?watch=2suk7xfe2g#ooid=kxNjY2bDqeli0QzwRbAxNxc41xpYJiZ-

I though about that when we see Afghanimals did the Bartender and in the confessions, they reenacted DJ thing.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2014, 10:48:19 AM »
I think I would have gone for the D.J. detour right off the bat.  I don't think I have the balance necessary for being a bartender.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2014, 11:29:17 AM »
Both of these Detours seem EXTREMELY hard, it's no wonder everyone is struggling.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
So from what I viewed from all three previews, the Detour is:
("Master Mix" or "Mix Master")
In Master Mix, teams have to exactly copy 3+ scratch tracks on a spintable to receive their next clue.
In Mix Master, teams have to shake and pour race-colored cocktails into seven glass cups. Then, teams must stack the cups on top of each other and pour them simultaneously into a coup pyramid without letting any colors drip into different coups. If teams can perform this bartenders' trick and deliver all seven coups across a pool successfully, they will receive their next clue.

I just wonder why route creators chose to set this Detour in Malaysia. Malaysian nightlife really isn't that significant. This Detour in Mid-European countries (Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Prague, Czech Republic; Munich, Germany) would have easily been more suitable.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:16:25 PM by RachelLeVega »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »
Maybe they want to show 2 sides of Malaysia: Traditional and Modern