Author Topic: THE AMAZING RACE ECUADOR 2014  (Read 10146 times)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
THE AMAZING RACE ECUADOR 2014
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »
It looks like we might have a new international TAR.

This is a news article from Ecuador's Ministry of Tourism page: www.turismo.gob.ec dated December 18th, 2013.

Minister of Tourism, Vinicio Alvarado through his twitter account @vinizeta informed about the meetings with the production team of Disney Miami so Ecuador would be the next stage of the known race "The Amazing Race".

Vinicio Alvarado @vinizeta
With production team of Disney Miami tweaking details for #TheAmazingRaceEcuador. pic.twitter.com/O6ekbKTLdY

The Amazing Race is a reality show in which teams of two to four participants, depending of the format stablish by the production, travel unknown routes by the racers, overcoming obstacles and perform task, every member of the team must reach the stablished goals in the competition.

The Amazing Race, is one of the adventure reality shows most viewed at international level. In 2007 register a total of 11 millions viewers. Whereby this show will be an oportunity to show the world unparalleled tourist attractions of Ecuador

Vinicio Alvarado @vinizeta
#TheAmazingRaceEcuador would be transmited at world level Oportunity to promote #EcuadorPotenciaTuristica pic.twitter.com/r0KGb3Dlko

The Ministry of Tourism performs various strategies and plans to promote our country as the best touristic destiny in Southamerica. In Ecuador we "Have Everything".

Also according to a youtube user, fan of the show, there is a TV Spot of new shows on "TC mi canal!", and "The Amazing Race Ecuador 2014" is featured on it, but I haven't been able to find an official with better quality... Alenaveda I sent you the link to it if you want to post it.

According to wikipedia:
TC mi canal! or TC Television is a public television network in Ecuador.

Their website seems to be broken so I don't really know much about it, and as far as I know, the applications process hasn't started yet.

Quote from: Original News Article
http://www.turismo.gob.ec/ministro-de-turismo-vinicio-alvarado-afina-detalles-con-disney-para-the-amazing-race-ecuador-2/

PS: This is NOT an official or professional translation.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:14:51 PM by Vitoko »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: THE AMAZING RACE ECUADOR 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »
Ok, this the vid announcing the race in Equador:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvBgv5ppUjY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fvBgv5ppUjY</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »
So is it  Ecuador-only? Odd, if i had to guess which latin-american country would get a TAR franchise i would had never guessed Ecuador..

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 07:54:37 PM »
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 07:58:04 PM by runningblind »

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 08:24:18 PM »
Thanks for the effort! But all the material is from TARLA 3, what means that is probably a rerun of that season. You can also see Harris Whitbeck, who hosted the first three seasons, at the beginning of one of them :) .
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 07:53:29 AM »
Sorry... Haven't seen LA so I would't notice ;-)

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 08:19:54 AM »
It's ok, don't worry. Please keep having an eye on this. It's always great to have someone else who can help looking for this.  ;)