Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 2 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 32894 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Sorry, gotta post this here, too.

I can totally understand why someone would hate on Rachel or disliked the (annoying) twinnies, but how can they bitch about Mallory in the last episode all over facebook? (:;):groan:
Like, SERIOUSLY?! :tantrum

I get that Mallory was responsible for the lost bag, but where did she whine and bitch about it? (Yes, lots of people are saying that) Did she not even offer Mark to buy him a new bag lol?
AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS, PEOPLE ARE BLAMING MALLORY FOR LOSING THE RACE AT THE DETOUR.  :umn: And that SHE was losing her temper, like what the heck? Mark was everything but supportive with his facepalmy behaviour. Oh, and when was that? I believe, when Mark had already received his bag :groan: :groan:

And by the way, I guess S16 isn't that far to be forgotten? What about Steve & Allie and both of their lost bags? People should be complaining about Mark, not Mallory, if they choose a single person to blame  :umn:

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
Ok. I just watched the entire episode two today and surprising I like this episode.

The dynamic is so great. The position keeps changing and I have no idea how Brendon & Rachel can finish first but leaving detour in 4th? Are all the 7 Teams position that close? Anw, I am glad that finally Brenchel wins a leg! :lol:

I also like Cowboys strategic move by giving the EP to Caro & Jen. That wouldn't cost them a race and make sure that the 2nd EP has gone and they are the only teams who had that. Kuddos to both of them to make that quick yet great move. And I am surprised that Caro & Jen are so fast finishing that Shuttle-Cock Detour :o

The Highlight for me is when Meghan helps John. I am so rooting for both team in Season 22 and love their alliances (except Mona & Beth). Realising that they are the last two teams, but still helping John? OMG! I don't know wheter Amy would even do that to Nicole. I love both of them in Season 22 and love them even more, esp John & Jessica. Hope they  stay longer than in previous race <3

Basically, I don't really care abt Mark & Mallory idk why. If I were in that position I would make sure that we still keep racing despite my bag has gone. But, I am not in the same position like Mark. So, sorry for him by getting back the backpack, but lose the chance to keep racing :(
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
i'm so sad and MAD because everyone's blaming Mallory on Facebook  :dick :dick 
Yes, the bag was Mallory's fault but they could escaped elimination if they racing without it.
I understand that people love Mark, Bopper, & their story, but blaming everything and calling Mallory moron, dingbat, etc is just sad  :'( :'( :'(
i bet most of them are TAR's new fans. They don't even know who Mallory is. If they watch season 17 & 18 i believe they have different perspective about her.
GARY & MALLORY FOR ALL STARS 3 PLEASE...!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Several teams left in a different order at the start of Leg 2 than they arrived at the end of Leg 1. Dave & Connor originally arrived in 3rd place but were 4th to leave, Margie & Luke came in 4th but left 3rd, Jessica & John came in 8th but left 9th, Caroline & Jennifer came in 9th but left 10th, and Joey & Meghan came in 10th but left 8th. No on-air explanation for the changes was given. Placements above reflect the corrected order.

why!!! :( i want to know.. boo! :(

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪

I didn't know about the TAR 13 incident, but in TAR 19 the camera crew saw Kaylani's passport at the Gas Station and said nothing either.  I was under the impression that production couldn't pick up "essential" items that teams drop such as Passports, Money or Clues, but I would have assumed they could get the backpack and keep it away from the team till after the race.

As for the 12 hours, I know the teams are to be "sequestered" and kept away from anyone but their partners, etc.. but again I thought they may have made an exception for Mark to go and get his Backpack. 

The first option of getting a crew member to get the backpack is the probably the most likely outcome if they were to retrieve the pack, but I still can't help but think that Mark made the wrong decision to go back for it? Although I do understand why he went back.
Refer to season 13 when Dandrew left their shoes behind at the cow task in Almaty. Once they finish the leg, teams are not allowed to backtrack.

From all these posts I realise now that there was no way production were gonna pick up the backpacks.  :funny:

GARY & MALLORY FOR ALL STARS 3 PLEASE...!!!

^^^ This soooo much!! I think I've said I want Gary & Mallory and Mark & Bopper back for the next All Stars on nearly every relevant thread on here, but it's just to increase the chances of CBS seeing it. :lol: - God I LOVE these teams!  :funny:  :funny:  :colors
.... The World is Waiting! ....

NoluckBoston

I believe Andrew & Dan also lost there shoes in TAR 13. They had to buy knew ones at the airport.

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
In terms of the departure order being different from the arriving order, I think it has to do with time credits that get calculated after they arrive. For example, teams shouldn't be penalized for time that is sucked away by their production team, like if they have to stop for their crew to use the washroom, or change the camera batteries, or stuff like that. I am pretty sure I read about this online somewhere, and Jessica L. talked about it on RHAP this week.

TARP_Lover

Mark & Mallory :(

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think production would have tried to bring the bag with them. Like they did when Steve & Allie forgot their bags in the Seychelles in season 16. They got their bags back once they were eliminated.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
I just rewatched the episode and I saw that after Mark & Mallory got the backpack, Mallory was showing the next destination on the clue to the taxi driver and when Mark was trying to point to it, she shoved his hand away.  :(

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
 :( Another reason why I'm embarrassed to see Mark & Mallory end up like this, especially Mallory who was so likeable in TAR 17 & 18. Not that I hate her here, but this season we saw a different side to her :(

I think she just didn't wanna hear anything/associate with Mark (as she was fed up) anymore so she just shoved his hand away. Just like when Mark complained that she was running to the Detour (  :res: ), she said "If you say one more thing to me, Mark... we went back and got your bag!" (something along the lines of that).

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
:( Another reason why I'm embarrassed to see Mark & Mallory end up like this, especially Mallory who was so likeable in TAR 17 & 18. Not that I hate her here, but this season we saw a different side to her :(

I think she just didn't wanna hear anything/associate with Mark (as she was fed up) anymore so she just shoved his hand away. Just like when Mark complained that she was running to the Detour (  :res: ), she said "If you say one more thing to me, Mark... we went back and got your bag!" (something along the lines of that).

TBH, I would be very very pissed too if that happened to me. I would have DEFINITELY have hustled more to the Detour since I would be in definite last. Since according to sightings they were only 10 minutes behind Joey & Meghan/Jessica & John, imagine if they had run all the way to the Detour. They could have made up time and stayed in it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think production would have tried to bring the bag with them. Like they did when Steve & Allie forgot their bags in the Seychelles in season 16. They got their bags back once they were eliminated.

Production NEVER interferes with the race as it happens. They cannot. That is why so many teams have had miserable things happen.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Yea, Steve and Allie got their bags back.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/amazing-races-steve-1016973.aspx

TVGuide.com: Did you ever get back your bags that you left in the Seychelles?
Allie: Yeah, after we were eliminated in Malaysia, they gave them back. They were always going to give them back [after our run on the show]. We didn't even know they had them. We were just like, "Oh, we lost our bags."

All Mark had to do was to race around without new clothes. That's all. And I don't know what his fuss was all about. After watching the episode, I'm even more frustrated with everyone who's slamming Mallory.

It was both of their mistake that they didn't see the bag that was left behind. And Mallory offered everything she could do (except to go back), which is stupid and pointless.

I just DON'T UNDERSTAND Mark. It's just so annoying he keeps on saying nobody understands him and even said nobody in Kentucky would act like this. And he kept going on and on about needing the money. BUT, you don't behave like a man on a race who needed the money.

The first time round, I liked Bopper more than Mark and now I know why. I just don't get this guy.

This is just so disappointing. Instead of saying Mark needed a better team mate, I would have otherwise think that Mallory deserves better as well.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster

TBH, I would be very very pissed too if that happened to me. I would have DEFINITELY have hustled more to the Detour since I would be in definite last. Since according to sightings they were only 10 minutes behind Joey & Meghan/Jessica & John, imagine if they had run all the way to the Detour. They could have made up time and stayed in it.

But Mark & Mallory got to the Detour before Youtube and John & Jessica, so they still had a chance to make up the time they lost and stay in it.

Mallory said in the RHAP interview that the demonstrators they chose were sooo relaxed and didn't seem to care whether they got the challenge finished or not. She then said that once Youtube and John & Jess finished, they changed demonstrators and got the clue straight away!  :groan:
If only they'd changed sooner!!!  :'(

I went back and re-watched the detour, and the demonstrators they're with when they finish the task are different from the ones they first choose. (The ones they change too were the ones that John & Jess were with)
It just wasn't their day, but I truly believe this was Mark & Mallory's Leg. If they hadn't had the communication problems this would've been their Leg for the taking. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:48:52 PM by nmccarroll91 »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Maybe Mark didn't know that he'd get the bag back after the race. ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
There is no guarantee that he would....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I just thought that going back for the backpack killed them ultimately. And that, was Mark's insistence and Mark's fault for me. Sorry, just a stubborn guy here who just didn't see Mark's point and insistence of going back for the bag, then kept harping on the fact that his opinion doesn't matter.

Did Mallory's opinion mattered to you? No doubt Mallory wanted another cab driver to go back and get the bag then meet them at the Detour location and wasted time, but that was just sad. I'm even more surprised they didn't go back half way when they realized it and go get the bag immediately.

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
I just thought that going back for the backpack killed them ultimately. And that, was Mark's insistence and Mark's fault for me. Sorry, just a stubborn guy here who just didn't see Mark's point and insistence of going back for the bag, then kept harping on the fact that his opinion doesn't matter.

Did Mallory's opinion mattered to you? No doubt Mallory wanted another cab driver to go back and get the bag then meet them at the Detour location and wasted time, but that was just sad. I'm even more surprised they didn't go back half way when they realized it and go get the bag immediately.

THIS!
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.

THIS!

Completely agree - Mark is a good guy and I get that since it wasn't his backpack and there was no guarantee it would be found/returned/picked up by another team, he wanted to save face and still return the bag if they didn't win the million or any cash prizes.

Since it was still there, chances are it would have been turned into a nearby building or lost and found by the time they checked into the pit stop (if not, it may have still been sitting there.) Mallory was right to try and send someone back to grab it or to just move on.

I can't say I'm disappointed though and hope Joey/Meghan and John/Jess get out of the back of pack and take advantage of avoiding elimination.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
PS: Margie and Luke owning most part of this leg and barely getting any screen time. They whored the screen time out of Cowboys on Leg 1 as they were leading throughout.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
PS: Margie and Luke owning most part of this leg and barely getting any screen time. They whored the screen time out of Cowboys on Leg 1 as they were leading throughout.

HAHAHAHA  :funny:  :funny:  I Lol'd quite a bit at that and I don't even know why :lol: - But yes, I totally agree, and for the 2nd episode in a row I think the Globes got the least screen time, but from the promo I think that'll all change for Leg 3.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Production NEVER interferes with the race as it happens. They cannot. That is why so many teams have had miserable things happen.

audio file where Phil discusses this:

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmentertainment/phil-keoghan-from-the-amazing?in=siriusxmentertainment/sets/entertainment-weekly-radio-on
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I still think that, assuming Mark & Mallory had left their bag. Then once they had reached the Pit Stop production could pick up the bag and carry it with them. Production could then give the bag back to Mark once he is eliminated or the race is over. I wouldn't count that as interfering with the race. And don't forget that this is exactly what happened to Steve & Allie.

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
OMG, finally was able to watch this. i had to be in the wilderness of east java (indonesia) last 5 days, as my study tour. the good thing is i only have to wait for 2 days for the next episode ( waiting for a whole weak for each episodes feels like hell)

this episode is so much better than the premiere. although the tasks are not very difficult, but it scrambles the placement of the teams. i would want to have not very difficult but non linear task instead of very difficult but also very linear. i always love china legs and it's one of those very good china legs i think. the first leg of this season and shanghai leg in season 21 just sucked completely. season 18 leg 5 in kunming just completely rocked

the Roadblock was actually quite challenging physically and mentally. all the teams are discouraged by the instruction manual written in chinese.

the detours are also great. i guessed the shuttlecock would be so much harder when you play your own. moreover, it also changes the placement of teams

i'm not a fan of brenchel, but i'm glad they finally won, although i would have prefered margie and luke to win it, i loved seeing margie dealing with "building" or "putting something together" she always excels on those sector. moreover, margie and luke always had good legs in China

i was excited seeing jennifer's struggle in getting the express pass. meghan helping john was interesting, but i wouldn't do that if i were her. i'm glad that Flight time and Big easy do not really talk much during the race. i just want them to shut up the whole amazing race. they didn't bring significant effect to the race. despite my hate towards cowboys, they did something significant and contributed towards the excitement rating of the race

TBH, i don't mind seeing Mark and Mallory leaving (don't judge me LOL) since the very first episode, they were seen very incompatible, i wouldn't like them running a long race while holding grudges due to their differences and seeing them mocking each other.

overall, i love this episode, it's been a long time since i don't see a very Thrilling China legs. i wish all legs were pretty much like this.