Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 2 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 32709 times)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I think that is a record for the most teams checking in at one time, I believe the record was Leg 3 in TAR 12?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Back at the roadblock, lots of teams getting close. YouTube finish in 8th. Jessica & John finish in 9th. Mark & Mallory look shocked.

Jessica & John get to the pit stop before Joey & Meghan. John & Jessica are team #8. Joey & Meghan are team #9. Meghan says she learned a lesson to not help when it's not to their advantage.

Pit stop:
1st - Brendon & Rachel
2nd - Margie & Luke
3rd - Caroline & Jennifer
4th - Dave & Connor
5th - Flight Time & Big Easy
6th - Jet & Cord
7th - Leo & Jamal
8th - Jessica & John
9th - Joey & Meghan

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
This Pit Stop looked like TAR12 Leg 3 but with more teams. :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mark & Mallory finally finish the detour. They arrive at the pit stop and all the other teams are standing behind Phil. They are in last place and they've been eliminated from the race.

Mark shakes Phil's hand and thanks him. Mark says he doesn't think he could travel the world without Bopper. Mallory cries. They still look pissed in their confessional. Mark says he thinks it wasn't meant to be.

Pit stop:
1st - Brendon & Rachel
2nd - Margie & Luke
3rd - Caroline & Jennifer
4th - Dave & Connor
5th - Flight Time & Big Easy
6th - Jet & Cord
7th - Leo & Jamal
8th - Jessica & John
9th - Joey & Meghan
10th - Mark & Mallory (ELIMINATED)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Very sad elimination, but Mark & Mallory really didn't work well together in my opinion. They are distant opposites. :'(
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Such a sad ending :( Can we please get Bopper and Mark back again? It's a shame that it didn't work out as people hoped. I hope this is a lesson to not do hybrid teams especially at the last minute :/
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Very sad elimination, but Mark & Mallory really didn't work well together in my opinion. They are distant opposites. :'(
I agree completely. I was rooting for them because I like them both, but they messed up getting Mark's backpack. There was a lack of communication.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Next Week: Malaysia. Cord climbs up a waterfall, Globetrotters dance with the locals, Brenchel are having trouble rafting.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

Cord is going down a waterfall or something? Globetrotters are dancing with locals while Brenchel fall out of a canoe in a creek... Oh my.

NoluckBoston

I would have left the back pack.

I would have also give them $2,500 to Bopper if I had just won it.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would have left the back pack.

I would have also give them $2,500 to Bopper if I had just won it.
I was expecting Rachel to give Mark some $$$ when I saw her crying.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I agree completely. I was rooting for them because I like them both, but they messed up getting Mark's backpack. There was a lack of communication.
There was a massive lack of communication, but I also feel that Mallory showed a lack of empathy. I think the way she said she'd buy Mark another backpack might have offended him.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Look like Gary is the only one know how to calm Mallory down and Bopper is the only one know how to cheer Mark up.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Seriously he should've left his bag. Anyone remember Steve & Allie - they were in first, they didn't go back for theirs.

People had no bags all the time on earlier seasons and did just fine...

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
There was a massive lack of communication, but I also feel that Mallory showed a lack of empathy. I think the way she said she'd buy Mark another backpack might have offended him.
I think so too. I think he took it as an indirect insult, with her having money and him with not so much, to say the least.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Such a sad ending :( Can we please get Bopper and Mark back again? It's a shame that it didn't work out as people hoped. I hope this is a lesson to not do hybrid teams especially at the last minute :/

I think hybrid teams are great, we've just had one dysfunctional one and one despicable one, so they just need to be more selective...

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
Look like Gary is the only one know how to calm Mallory down and Bopper is the only one know how to cheer Mark up.

A reminder that if a team wants to race again, they do it with their original teammate. They were a train wreck in the 1st leg, and just miserable to watch in the 2nd leg. I guess they were one of those teams that may have looked good on paper to come back, but just crashed and burned quickly. I guess every returnee season has to have one of those teams.

But kudos to Big Brother for finally winning a leg, after never winning a single one in their original season.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Mark and Mallory had too little time to understand each others. Next time, if there is a hybrid team, they should have time to make friend before the race.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I think hybrid teams are great, we've just had one dysfunctional one and one despicable one, so they just need to be more selective...
Eric & Danielle somewhat worked because at least they knew each other. Mallory didn't even know Mark's last name. The race is hard enough as it is, I don't think racers need to add the difficulty of having to learn how to deal with their teammates (leave that to the dating teams that want to see if they're fit for marriage), take TAR17's Andie & Jenna as an example, they just couldn't hit their stride because they had just recently met.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:14:25 PM by Dånooky »
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member

Eric & Danielle somewhat worked because at least they knew each other. Mallory didn't even know Mark's last name. The race is hard enough as it is, I don't think racers need to add the difficulty of having to learn how to deal with their teammates (leave that to the dating teams that want to see if they're fit for marriage)

I hope this is the last time hybrid teams appear in the race ever. So far in race history, there was one that faked their relationship just to get in the race, and another that basically did not know each other at all.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Eric & Danielle somewhat worked because at least they knew each other. Mallory didn't even know Mark's last name. The race is hard enough as it is, I don't think racers need to add the difficulty of having to learn how to deal with their teammates (leave that to the dating teams that want to see if they're fit for marriage), take TAR17's Andie & Jenna as an example, they just couldn't hit their stride because they had just recently met.

Yeah they knew each other but Danielle deserved no place on All-Stars TBH. Mark & Mallory could have worked given time, but we only got two legs. :(

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And on a personal note, I prefer watching teams whose bond is strong, like Zev & Justin's friendship, the Twinnies' quirky way of insulting each other to keep going, Ken & Tina's rekindled romance, Tim & Marie's weird relationship.
The story so far:

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
I think if Meghan didn't help John, John & Jessica would be the one got eliminated and complain how they are at the mental challenges or If Mark just left his bag, Joey & Meghan would be the one got eliminated and Meghan would kill herself for making that stupid move. Either way, far more interesting resulf than this.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:50:56 PM by alecbaldwin »

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Tim & Marie's relationship remind me of Jack Donaghy & Liz Lemon's relationship, They really understand and care each other but they don't really fond to each other and keep bugging each other. That's interesting to watch so it isn't that weird.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
LEG 2 (China) EPISODE ANALYSIS:
We've seen teams' emotional ups and downs, hackysacks left and right, and John bumping directly into a cameraman. However, we did not see the intro. What's up with that? I felt this Leg was better than the premiere, but I realized what HD seasons have lacked in editing that made the Race less motivational over the years... screentime. It's not as fast-paced and energetic like it used to be. Now, we just see teams WALK most of the time and chat like they are one big happy family. It seems like editors also stick on one team for too long. As for the route, that'll be broken down here. ;)

ROADBLOCK/ROUTE INFO: As much as the kids tempted me to give a flying score for assembling a toy car and giving it back to the community, I just can't. :'( I really do feel ashamed of myself for this, but the Roadblock was boring for me to watch. You couldn't tell who was close to finishing the final product since the child safety barriers were obstructing the view and the building area didn't have good lighting. As a viewer, all the parts looked uniform making the task nondescript. Giving the toy car to the kids at a community organization was pretty sweet though.
ROADBLOCK/ROUTE INFO SCORE: 5/10

DETOUR: "Kick Back" or "Relax"
The Detour option this Leg brought me back to the pioneer TAR seasons when teams chose between a physical/mental strength task and a self-stimulating task that may take longer. I'm surprised nobody took the cupping therapy option though as the shuttlecock game made teams fall flat on their glutei maximi. The task everyone performed provided excitement in rooting for your team, but there wasn't much variety going on except hitting a birdie that makes you fall down. The cupping therapy had no potential though. Nothing interesting about watching teams' backs turn into a vermilion pattern. :res:
DETOUR SCORE: 7/10

OTHER SCORES
LEG DIFFICULTY SCORE: 5/10
TEAM DRAMA SCORE: 8/10 (Sadly, all centering around Mark & Mallory)
CHUCK-E-CHEESE'S ON STEROIDS: 1/10
EPISODE 2 OVERALL SCORE: 6/10

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:04:56 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)