Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 2 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 32701 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf:

IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

This will be more important than ever this season since Canada will be airing ahead of us any week we have Sports delays.

SO!! If you are watching anything but an EST US feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  Other feeds may be way ahead of us.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time! 

Anyone breaking the rule is at BIG risk.  :browsie:

And NO future spoilers either! And NO spoilers ever in the Contestant threads either.

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be  HERE and will normally be put up about 20 minutes before show time.

Scheduling and delays will be posted HERE.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Reminder, if you are in Canada and watch the "early" showing tonight, DO NOT POST any spoilers at ALL here! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Feel free to post after 745PM!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Why are the Oscars airing at the same time... :'(

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Previously on The Amazing Race...

Bopper couldn't compete because he's not healthy enough, but Mallory stepped in to form a new Team Kentucky.

Jet & Cord got to a fast start in China, while Twinnies struggled. Cord flipped into first place, helping the cowboys win 2 express passes.

Team Kentucky had some growing pains, but in the end, the Twinnies were eliminated.

10 teams remain... Who will be eliminated next?

WHAT JUST HAPPENED WITH THE INTRO???

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
OMG NO INTRO, WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?

Taking the wrong page out of Survivor's book.  :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare :stare
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
No intro this week? Well ok then.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
An intro without showing the teams......now that's new. That 35 seconds must have been really needed tonight.
-- theschnauzers

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Oh yeah, I was watching Episode 2 of Season 20 yesterday since it only aired in NZ on Saturday for the first time and Mark said "baby bear's soup" in that episode so I guess he will say it in this episode.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
My goodness, Jet sounds like he just doesn't care. At least Cord shows he wants to run the show.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jet & Cord won the first leg of the race and will depart 1st at 8:16 AM. Make your way to Chen Clan Academy. Stand still in front of the master to receive the next clue. Jet & Cord don't really know what to do with the EP that they have to give away. A local is trying to give Jet & Cord instructions, and he's trying to say 50 minutes. Jet & Cord think it's 15 minutes... They end up running.

Brendon & Rachel depart at 8:23 AM. Rachel runs through a tree thing? HAHAHA Brendon makes a joke about Rachel not crying for 1 leg. They are going by metro.

Margie & Luke kiss before pit start. Aw. They depart at 8:39 AM. Margie tries to get a taxi, but Luke doesn't think the driver knows where to go. They argue a little.

Dave & Connor leave at 8:46 AM.

Jet & Cord are told that it's too far to run.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What is up with weird departure order... ???

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I didn't realize it started. No intro?! :'(

Brendon & Rachel, Team Cancer Survivor, and Margie & Luke get their V8 moment.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Joey and Meghan leave in eighth and J/J leave in ninth? What happened?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We flirt with life. <3

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Brenchel and Dave & Connor are both taking metro. It's very crowded.

Leo & Jamal depart at 8:53 AM. Mark & Mallory depart at 8:56 AM. Afghanimals like Team Kentucky, so they're working together. Mark & Mallory don't know each other.

Globetrotters depart at 8:57. Joey & Meghan at 9:09 AM. Jessica & John at 9:13 AM.

Teams get off the metro. Brenchel and Dave & Connor are standing in front of people doing tai chi. Someone inprints something onto their head... Brenchel get their clue first. Dave & Connor get it after. Margie & Luke arrive.

Brenchel are trying to ask for directions to wherever they're supposed to go. They're just pointing to their head. Dave & Connor get a cab.

Caroline & Jennifer depart at 9:19 AM. "I'm not boy crazy anymore, but we're going to flirt."

Jet & Cord get a cab.

Afghanimals and Mark & Mallory arrive at tai chi. They're now 4th and 5th. Brenchel finally gets a taxi.Globes are 6th. Joey & Meghan 7th. Jessica & John 8th.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Dave & Connor arrive at a place with a lot of children. There's a clue box. Roadblock. Teams will have to build a kiddy car. When the toy soldier says it's ready, they will receive their next clue.

Dave & Connor have to find a toy car. They see a bunch of children with luggage. :lol: Dave is doing the roadblock. He thinks this will be easy. There's lots of little parts and the instructions are in Chinese...

Margie & Luke arrive in 2nd. Margie is doing the roadblock because in season 14, she built a boat propellor and in season 18, she built a dinosaur so Luke thought she would be good at this.

A little girl drove up to Dave and said hello. :lol:

"It's like a kid amusement park." Afghnimals arrive at the roadblock in 3rd. Jamal is doing the roadblock. They ask where the cowboys are. Brenchel arrive. Brendon's doing the roadblock. Mark & Mallory arrive, and Mark is doing it.

Rachel says it's awesome that Brendon is building the car because that's what he'll be doing for their kids on Christmas morning. :lol: Globes arrive and Big Easy is doing the roadblock.

Joey & Meghan arrive at the roadblock and Meghan is doing it. Jessica & John and John is doing the roadblock. Everybody talking about how cowboys and country aren't at the roadblock yet.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Chinese kiddies are so adorable! :hearts: It's the best quote starter so far.

"In season 14, she fixed a boat's propeller; in season 18, she made a dinosaur..." (I don't know, I found this pretty funny) :funny:
"Like Chuckie Cheese on steroids..."
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Caroline & Jennifer arrive at tai chi before Jet & Cord. Cowboys go from 1st to last. :funny:

Commercial.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Still confused why YouTube started 16 minutes ahead of Country Singers... ??? ???

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
So far I am liking Leo & Jamal as well as Brendon & Rachel this season!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Two questions:

1. Why were there no teams in the intro?
2. Why did Joey & Meghan depart in 8th? I'm not complaining, but did they get a time credit?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Two questions:

1. Why were there no teams in the intro?
2. Why did Joey & Meghan depart in 8th? I'm not complaining, but did they get a time credit?

Margie and Luke departed in third when they checked in as fourth.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Why is country girls the last to depart?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Still confused why YouTube started 16 minutes ahead of Country Singers... ??? ???
They probably overslept.