Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 2 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 32901 times)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
I think if Meghan didn't help John, John & Jessica would be the one got eliminated and complain how terrible they are at the mental challenges or If Mark just left his bag, Joey & Meghan would be the one got eliminated and Meghan would kill herself for making that stupid move. Either ways, jar more interesting resulf than this.

Either option sounds better than what we got, even though I like Jessica & John.

This leg is just tragic - haven't been this upset at someone booted within two legs other than John Vito & Jill... :'(
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
rachel should keep her feet up next week! :lol:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
As much as I have loved both Gary and Mallory and Bopper and Mark, I really did not like the mash up at all because I just hated seeing great stars at their worst and I think that was all we got from the editing. There was just something about their dysfunction that I did not like seeing, probably just their bitterness to each other, which is why I was sort of glad to see them go so I didn't have to watch that anymore yet sad at the same time because it was really sad because Mark didn't get to race with whom he wanted to.

On a side note, they really should have left his bag like other members have said, like it was once an NEL penalty to lose everything and I think producers would make sure it would have too much of an effect.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
It's been exceedingly rare that all of the teams would be at the mat for the eliminated team to arrive and give them a standing ovation; in fact the only time that pops up in my memory is in TAR 1 in Tunisia's first leg, when Dave and Margaretta were eliminated.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
I can see people being angry but it is legitimate strategy. I don't blame the girls for doing what they needed to do to get the express pass.

I do understand both sides of the issues (although I see it as a weak on CaroJen's fault). Yes, it was strategic for the Cowboys to burn the second Express Pass. Although I am not a Cowboy fan, I did see the move as smart (I would give the second EP away to a weak team to burn as well in that situation). However, I think it could have further repercussions later on.  CaroJen were lucky to have the Cowboys there, but this could be trouble for them if a similar situation occurs and the Cowboys aren't there. Also, since it was in plain view of most (if not all) of the teams there, this places huge targets on both Cowboys and CaroJen (will anybody help CaroJen after that? The cowboys could be the target of a U-Turn, now that teams know it's the only one in play). All in all, the move was a calculated risk, but one that could haunt them in the long run.

That being said, (gets on soapbox), I wasn't happy with Caroline complaining about how that "was a man's thing." It was a look at the instructions, and for me, that had some unfortunate implications (although it could have been the editing as well).

The bag incident (possible unpopular opinion coming up), I though both were to blame. I was curious to as why Mallory had put the bag down in the first place, and personally, both should have double checked before they left. I understand both of their frustrations as well, but the issue here was trust. There was virtually no trust between the two, due to how they were partnered up in the first place. All said and done, both were at fault (personally) and both should have made efforts to not blow each other off like they way they did. We saw what happens when there's a huge breakdown in communication (NaNa from leg 1), and it violates a fundamental rule of the race - listen to your partner.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
One thing I noticed. No mention of the Achilles heel or cancer from Dave and Connor this episode! A lot of the edit was geared towards Mark and Mallory this leg and a lot of the edit last leg was geared towards Natalie and Nadiya.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Personally i love Carol & Jen more after this episode as the express pass thing is the smartest move they have made ever  :hrt:
Cowboys made a smart move as well by giving the EP to a weak team
I don't understand why teams thought it was a dirty move , i thinks everyone would do so if they had the chance . :ascared

For the elimination of Mark & Mallory , i don't understand the sadness . It is basically the fault of Mark (yelling for getting the backpack )
We have seen so many times that teams can go without their backpacks !
Losing the opportunity for getting one million dollars because of a backpack ? It is definitely not worthwhile ! :gaah:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The bag incident (possible unpopular opinion coming up), I though both were to blame. I was curious to as why Mallory had put the bag down in the first place, and personally, both should have double checked before they left. I understand both of their frustrations as well, but the issue here was trust. There was virtually no trust between the two, due to how they were partnered up in the first place. All said and done, both were at fault (personally) and both should have made efforts to not blow each other off like they way they did. We saw what happens when there's a huge breakdown in communication (NaNa from leg 1), and it violates a fundamental rule of the race - listen to your partner.

I re-watched the episode and in their confessional before they began Leg 2 they literally said there was no trust between them.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The idiots on Facebook are even worse. They're blaming poor Mallory on everything. :res:

And they still keep calling Brenchel a "crybaby" "horrible" team. HAVE THEY NOT BEEN WATCHING TAR24 AT ALL? BRENCHEL HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT AN AMAZING TEAM HERE AND HAS BEEN SUPER LIKABLE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THOSE IDIOTS ARE SMOKING :res:

But seriously...

Mallory :torche

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The idiots on Facebook are even worse. They're blaming poor Mallory on everything. :res:

And they still keep calling Brenchel a "crybaby" "horrible" team. HAVE THEY NOT BEEN WATCHING TAR24 AT ALL? BRENCHEL HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT AN AMAZING TEAM HERE AND HAS BEEN SUPER LIKABLE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THOSE IDIOTS ARE SMOKING :res:

But seriously...

Its a lost cause tbh. The fans on Facebook are really annoying!

IKR. Thank god some (Like 5%) people on there at least make sense. :res:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11

But seriously...

Its a lost cause tbh. The fans on Facebook are really annoying!

IKR. Thank god some (Like 5%) people on there at least make sense. :res:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Mark & Mallory got off to such a good start, but resulted in such a sad ending, so that's a real shame.
Is anyone else liking the Afghanimals more this time round?
and as for the Blondes... wow. Even though they seem to be the most unassuming team, someone needs to keep their eye on them!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Episode 1: All about Twinnies
Episode 2: All about Kentuckey

:res:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Mark & Mallory got off to such a good start, but resulted in such a sad ending, so that's a real shame.
Is anyone else liking the Afghanimals more this time round?
and as for the Blondes... wow. Even though they seem to be the most unassuming team, someone needs to keep their eye on them!

I am liking the Afghanimals a lot more. They started to come around in their last leg. It can be the most unassuming team that wins it all. *cough* Josh and Brent *cough*
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Let's be real, those were two of the best teams in this "All Stars" cast. So I can't really blame them.

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
I wasn't happy with this elimination, but didn't expect the Globes, Brenchel, or Cowboys to falter just yet. At the end of the day, I was happy to take team YouTube and John/Jess over Kentucky, but poor Mallory! They should have definitely double checked and would have been nice if Rachel had donated their leg winnings to Mark for Bopper (who knows! Maybe she did off-camera.)

Another fairly linear second half of the leg, hence all the teams showing up like, at the same time. I don't blame the Cowboys for handing over the Express Pass, good strategy. The country gals are getting sooooo much trash on twitter for not attempting to finish the building roadblock, I do feel bad for them and don't hate them, but wish they stayed longer to give it a shot.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

Let's be real, those were two of the best teams in this "All Stars" cast. So I can't really blame them.

Or because they're eliminated

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
This elimination felt like a mercy kill. Even if they beat Joey and Meghan to the Pit-Stop, I think things wouldn't of improved too much.  They were just two completely opposite people on a team for the first time who barely knew each-other. They were racing for the right reason but in the end they just didn't work together.

With that said, I have no objections for a true Bopper & Mark return. The producers took a gamble here which unfortunately didn't pay off.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This elimination felt like a mercy kill. Even if they beat Joey and Meghan to the Pit-Stop, I think things wouldn't of improved too much.  They were just two completely opposite people on a team for the first time who barely knew each-other. They were racing for the right reason but in the end they just didn't work together.

With that said, I have no objections for a true Bopper & Mark return. The producers took a gamble here which unfortunately didn't pay off.

Bopper & Mark and Gary & Mallory for All Stars 3 with Twinnies <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

Bopper & Mark and Gary & Mallory for All Stars 3 with Twinnies <3

Bopper & Mark absolutely yes, Gary & Mallory and Twinnies, I'd have no problem with.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I don't like casuals beating up on Mallory but I also don't like people blaming Mark for what happened. It was a unfortunate situation what happened but they just didn't know each-other enough to come an agreement which was their downfall. I can understand Mallory being frustrated with Mark and I can understand Mark being frustrated with Mallory.

I think Mark took some offence to some of the comments Mallory made in the taxi about getting a new backpack and the clothes even though I doubt there would be any malice behind those words. Partially I think when I heard about the backpack belonging to someone else I think getting it back was more of a honour thing to Mark, safely returning something that belonged to someone else.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I don't like casuals beating up on Mallory but I also don't like people blaming Mark for what happened. It was a unfortunate situation what happened but they just didn't know each-other enough to come an agreement which was their downfall. I can understand Mallory being frustrated with Mark and I can understand Mark being frustrated with Mallory.

I think Mark took some offence to some of the comments Mallory made in the taxi about getting a new backpack and the clothes even though I doubt there would be any malice behind those words. Partially I think when I heard about the backpack belonging to someone else I think getting it back was more of a honour thing to Mark, safely returning something that belonged to someone else.

Mallory was WISE to ATTEMPT to hire a taxi just to get the bag, but Mark wouldn't hear any of it. I personally would rather race in dirty dirty clothes if it was for a million dollars.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

Mallory was WISE to ATTEMPT to hire a taxi just to get the bag, but Mark wouldn't hear any of it. I personally would rather race in dirty dirty clothes if it was for a million dollars.

It was a wise move but as I said, they just didn't get along unfortunately :/ It was a gamble by the producers and casting that didn't pay off.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
For me it wasn't so much the backpack fiasco that eliminated Mallory and Mark but their inability to perform the detour fast. Despite going back to the RB location (and apparently getting somewhat lost before finding the park?)  they still arrived at the detour location before YouTube and John/Jessica. So they still had a chance to survive but they just couldn't make it ( and we could see that Mallory by that stage was really frazzled.)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thoughts on The Episode:

I personally thought it was MUCH better than Leg 1. The Roadblock was a bit “eh”, but the kids saved it by a lot. (I loved the kids just staring at them, the one who said “hello” in that adorable voice to Dave, and much more). The Detour, meanwhile, was also “eh.” I have played a variation of the Shuttlecock Detour in our P.E class, and I have to say, it is much easier on TAR, where other people kick it to you and you just kick it back to the locals, and not directly to your partner. It was slightly entertaining, but SOME teams should have at LEAST done the cupping, simply because it would have been interesting to watch, like the "Light Brigade" Detour from TAR 23. However the 7 teams on the mat <3

Team Rankings:

LOVE:

Brendon & Rachel: I loved them last week, and I still love them this week. Rachel running to the woods so no teams could see her was hilarious, Rachel’s reaction to the clue being stamped on their foreheads was entertaining, and they just overall worked really well this leg. A very VERY well-deserved first place. Not to mention Rachel’s Pit Stop reaction is gonna be EPIC as a gif :lol:

Caroline & Jennifer: To all the people saying they have “no personality” and “no good racing skills”, take that back right now. They literally just morphed into manipulative, flirtatious girls, and it will be very VERY interesting to see more of that later in the season. Not to mention that they finished the Detour. IN SECOND. Wow. CaroJen <333333333

Mallory: She was her usual self, perky and excited. Unfortunately for her, the bag incident happened. So sad she has to go :( Her Pit Stop crying was heartbreaking OMG </3 And her "I'm sorrys!" were very very heartbreaking as well.
Side Note: (“Brendon and Rachel Want a BAAABY!” <3) Mallory needs to go back on another season with her dad <3

Joey & Meghan: They seemed to focus on Meghan a LOT MORE this time around, of whatever little screen time they had, and they just became a tad more likable on this leg. Meghan’s story of the car being on Christmas morning with the barbie stickers was good too. :lol:  Meghan also throwing shade at CaroJen <3 Their decision to help J/J was pretty weird though. I would have totally left J/J though if I were in their shoes. Their racing skills is much worse this time than TAR 22 though, so unfortunately I don’t think they will last much longer.

Jessica & John: They sure are running things differently now. They are much more likable than Joey & Meghan, but I would love to see them be more self-depracating like Leg 1. And who knows, with their placements, they just might be the bottomgods of the season :lol:

Leo & Jamal: They are much more fun this time around, they actually don’t GRATE and are a fun M/M team (The best of the four M/Ms we have) and they have an even better potential title quote. (“Chuck-e-Cheese on Steroids” <3) I hope to see them continue to be fun to watch.

LIKE:

Margie & Luke: WOW. I have never seen a team do a complete turnaround like them. I really really liked Margie this leg, and Luke wasn’t as grating. They are actually reverting to their TAR14 <33333 selves, and they are much more likable this time around . The only thing “off beat” from them is their Pit Stop reaction, which weirdly reminded me of Ernie & Cindy losing to Andy & Tommy, but oh well. Still like them.

Dave & Connor: They had more screen time this week, and they are currently a very simple, boring father/son team. No problem with that, but it is much better than all the Cancer talk from TAR 22, and they are a lot better now.

DISLIKE:

Mark Jackson: Mallory has been nothing but supportive and a fun team-member, but ugh. This is one of the worst eliminations we have ever had. The medicines were with MALLORY. The passports were with MALLORY. Those are what you basically need to RUN THE RACE. Besides, I’m pretty sure production would let them go back anyway to get their clothes, but oh well. “People from Kentucky don’t act this way” is just seriously disgusting and mean. “People don’t get upset for no reason.” :res: Also, once he DID get his bag, he refused to run and just dragged his feet along. :res: Not to mention him at the Detour getting mad at Mallory.
I would still like him to return soon with Bopper though for a future UB season.

OTT HATE GET OFF MY SCREEN EW:

Flight Time & Big Easy: Them with the kids. Ugh. :res: It felt so forced and fake, like nails grinding on a chalkboard. Their loudness too at the Detour finishing :res: Thank god they have a more INV edit this time around.

Jet & Cord: If only they walked the whole way to Eday Town. Ugh. And while almost everyone cheered on Mark for finishing it first, they were complaining about not being first. :res: