Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 2 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 32688 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Production NEVER interferes with the race as it happens. They cannot. That is why so many teams have had miserable things happen.

I still think that, assuming Mark & Mallory had left their bag. Then once they had reached the Pit Stop production could pick up the bag and carry it with them. Production could then give the bag back to Mark once he is eliminated or the race is over. I wouldn't count that as interfering with the race. And don't forget that this is exactly what happened to Steve & Allie.

That is a possibility, but NOT a guarantee. Others have lost/left items that were not returned. Interesting to wonder if a camera crew was stationed by the bag though, in addition to the team's own.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Production NEVER interferes with the race as it happens. They cannot. That is why so many teams have had miserable things happen.

I still think that, assuming Mark & Mallory had left their bag. Then once they had reached the Pit Stop production could pick up the bag and carry it with them. Production could then give the bag back to Mark once he is eliminated or the race is over. I wouldn't count that as interfering with the race. And don't forget that this is exactly what happened to Steve & Allie.

That is a possibility, but NOT a guarantee. Others have lost/left items that were not returned. Interesting to wonder if a camera crew was stationed by the bag though, in addition to the team's own.

That I agree with. They could pick it up but don't have to. And they may very well not have the manpower to do it.

Regarding the camera crew. I suspect that some of the shots of forgotten items, like Kaylanis passport or Dallas fannypack, are staged after the fact. I mean that the event happened but if the camera failed to film it they can recreate it afterwards. If the shot is small enough then this can be done without involving the racers.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Found something, a bit too late though

https://twitter.com/jenwayne/status/441581295710113793

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Nice!

Jennifer Wayne‏@jenwayne  ·
@94_Canuck a few teams got time credit because of production, so we got 9th, but ended up technically leaving last.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!

Nice!

Jennifer Wayne‏@jenwayne  ·
@94_Canuck a few teams got time credit because of production, so we got 9th, but ended up technically leaving last.
I don't think we've ever encountered a time credit since season 2 if I remember correctly.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Every season has piles of them...whether we see them or not is another story!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I think we have seen them in a way that changed the order of departure a few times, but I don't track them for my team average placements. It's much harder to detect with times of departures that don't affect the order, but they are frequent from what I've understood. With so many teams arriving so close to each other at the pitstop for leg 2, it's possible we'll see this again this week as a result.
-- theschnauzers