Author Topic: TAR 24 EP 3 "Welcome to the Jungle" Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia  (Read 23156 times)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Re: TAR 24 EP 3 "Welcome to the Jungle" Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 01:37:08 PM »
The jumping seems to be a Roadblock because Jessica looks tired and crying in the picture, and they look at least wet. I think this is a leg with a lot of ARIs and the waterfalls and the jumping is RB1 & 2 and the Rafting, Dart Blowing, and Dancing are all ARIs? :lol:

By the sounds of this, if all these tasks are in Leg 3 then it's gonna be a crazy leg, with hopefully quite a few position changes like last Leg.
AND it will help sweeten the sour taste of Mark & Mall's elimination.  :yess:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 08:33:26 PM »
The jumping seems to be a Roadblock because Jessica looks tired and crying in the picture, and they look at least wet. I think this is a leg with a lot of ARIs and the waterfalls and the jumping is RB1 & 2 and the Rafting, Dart Blowing, and Dancing are all ARIs? :lol:

By the sounds of this, if all these tasks are in Leg 3 then it's gonna be a crazy leg, with hopefully quite a few position changes like last Leg.

Nope, I know who goes this leg, it's gonna be even worse for me now  :funny:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 07:37:39 AM »
Speculation:

I think Dart Blowing is indeed part of one half Detour, and the other is Dancing. I know rafting is the only Active Route Info task, and the waterfalls with gnome is really a Roadblock.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 08:17:18 AM »
Speculation:

I think Dart Blowing is indeed part of one half Detour, and the other is Dancing. I know rafting is the only Active Route Info task, and the waterfalls with gnome is really a Roadblock.

But Big Easy and Caroline are shown doing the Dart Blowing.

Either they switch or it's a double Roadblock leg :lol:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 10:58:06 AM »
I speculate that the Dancing is an ARI, a very short one and the locals are just some clue giver, and then the darts and rafting is the detour and the Waterfall is the Roadblock

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 01:13:31 PM »

Yea, I know who goes this leg too, and I really don't like them! So I cant wait for it! :lol:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 01:14:55 PM »
Speculation:

But Big Easy and Caroline are shown doing the Dart Blowing.

Either they switch or it's a double Roadblock leg :lol:
Umm... what? If darts are a detour option, why can't Caroline and Big Easy be doing it..?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 08:06:06 PM »
Think that the Blowpipe task is a Detour, but not dancing, because our only source is the globetrotters and they are prone to dancing. I think that the jumping to get the Sabah flag is the other Detour option. The Rafting is a Route Info, and the rappelling is a Roadblock.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 08:08:08 PM »

Yea, I know who goes this leg too, and I really don't like them! So I cant wait for it! :lol:

I think I know who gets eliminated, as they get eliminated either this leg or the next. However, they are one of my faves, so  :'(
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

MrDeerShank

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »
The jumping must be in Leg 4 as both Jessica and Cord are wearing different clothes in the preview compared to the jumping pictures.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »
CBS PRESS PICTURES!

"Welcome to the Jungle" Season 24 Episode 3
At the Detour Decision Point, Harlem Globetrotters Herb (pictured) and Nate must build a bamboo raft then choose between "River Delivery" and "Run Through the Jungle" on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Caroline and Jennifer Season 24 Episode 3
At the Detour Decision Point, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must build a bamboo raft then choose between "River Delivery" and "Run Through the Jungle" on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Caroline and Jennifer in Season 24 Episode 3
At the Detour Decision Point, Country singers Caroline (left) and Jennifer (right) must build a bamboo raft then choose between "River Delivery" and "Run Through the Jungle" on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Herb and Nate in Season 24 Episode 3
At the Detour Decision Point, Harlem Globetrotters Herb (left) and Nate (right) must build a bamboo raft then choose between "River Delivery" and "Run Through the Jungle" on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

In the jungle in Season 24 Episode 3
In Detour B, Country singers Jennifer (left) and Caroline (right) must choose a Murut hunting guide who will lead them into the jungle where they must hit a target using a blow pipe before receiving the next clue on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Brendon and Rachel in Season 24 Episode 3
In Detour A, Newlyweds Brendon (left) and Rachel (right) must build a bamboo raft , load it with supplies, and paddle it down the river where they will deliver the items to the village chief at Kampung Tombung, Malaysia in order to receive the next clue on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Luke in Season 24 Episode 3
In Detour A, Mother/son team Margie and Luke (pictured) must build a bamboo raft , load it with supplies, and paddle it down the river where they will deliver the items to the village chief at Kampung Tombung, Malaysia in order to receive the next clue on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Cord in Season 24 Episode 3
At the Detour Decision Point, Cowboy brothers Jet and Cord (pictured) must build a bamboo raft then choose between "River Delivery" and "Run Through the Jungle" on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jamal and Leo in Season 24 Episode 3
Detour A, Cousins Jamal (left) and Leo (right) must build a bamboo raft , load it with supplies, and paddle it down the river where they will deliver the items to the village chief at Kampung Tombung, Malaysia in order to receive the next clue on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Joey building a raft in Season 24 Episode 3
At the Detour Decision Point, YouTubers Joey (pictured) and Meghan must build a bamboo raft then choose between "River Delivery" and "Run Through the Jungle" on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Cowboys in Season 24 Episode 3
At the Detour Decision Point, Cowboy brothers Jet (left) and Cord (right) must build a bamboo raft then choose between "River Delivery" and "Run Through the Jungle" on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Margie and Luke in Season 24 Episode 3
In Detour A, Mother/son team Margie (left) and Luke (right) must build a bamboo raft , load it with supplies, and paddle it down the river where they will deliver the items to the village chief at Kampung Tombung, Malaysia in order to receive the next clue on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Jennifer and Caroline in Season 24 Episode 3
In Detour B, Country singers Jennifer and Caroline (pictured) must choose a Murut hunting guide who will lead them into the jungle where they must hit a target using a blow pipe before receiving the next clue on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Harlem Globetrotters in Season 24 Episode 3
At the Detour Decision Point, Harlem Globetrotters Herb (left) and Nate (right) must build a bamboo raft then choose between "River Delivery" and "Run Through the Jungle" on the the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Robert Voets/ CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 11:38:23 PM »
So the Roadblock is the jumping task? That's pretty easy I think, but seeing Jessica strugles...  ???

Oh and those gnomes are so cute with the life vests  :<3

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 12:46:17 AM »
So the Roadblock is the jumping task? That's pretty easy I think, but seeing Jessica strugles...  ???

The Roadblock is likely the waterfall. You can see Cord descending the waterfall with gnome.

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 02:47:23 AM »

The Roadblock is likely the waterfall. You can see Cord descending the waterfall with gnome.

Oops I'm sorry I forgot. So it will be Dancing ARI >> Roadblock >> Detour >> Jumping? or jumping will be on Leg 4?

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 03:32:40 AM »
I would dare to say that the Dancing is part of the "Into the Jungle" detour. I seems like a couple of teams doing that are the trotters and the singers, probably? IDK.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2014, 11:17:15 AM »
Looks like the Globes will be doing this each week.
Their recap for Episode 2, and a short Bonus Clip for Leg 3.
(Still not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems the most logical) :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcA5NELkkqE&feature=youtu.be

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »
Looks like the Globes will be doing this each week.
Their recap for Episode 2, and a short Bonus Clip for Leg 3.
(Still not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems the most logical) :lol:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tcA5NELkkqE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tcA5NELkkqE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 05:51:39 PM »
That picture looks like them arriving at the pit stop? Both seem happy

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 05:54:45 PM »
CBS Tweet ‏@CBSTweet 2 h

Racers caption this wk's exclusive photos with @ETAlert! Catch up on Sat & tweet live w/ @PhilKeoghan 3/9 8/7c http://bit.ly/1chKE3d

Here's the pics from ETONLINE.COM:
http://www.etonline.com/tv/144162_Exclusive_Peek_Gnome_s_Amazing_Race_Adventure/index.html?page=Mg==&itmCnt=Mw==

Luke's New Teammate
On this Sunday's Amazing Race, the Travelocity gnome gets to join in the fun as teams go rappelling down a waterfall. Check out our exclusive pics -- captioned by the Race contestants themselves! Tune in to The Amazing Race this Sunday at 8/7c on CBS for all the excitement. You can also catch up on the first two episodes of the season this Saturday night at 8/7c on CBS.

Luke captions this experience, "Amazing and dangerous adventures -- luckily the Travelocity Gnome has my back!"

Cord
"That gnome is a great traveling partner, never backs down from a challenge and has nerves of steel, even in sticky situations," Cord says. "Pretty sure the Travelocity gnome is a COWBOY!"

Jamal
Jamal says of this pic, "Rappelling down a breathtaking waterfall in the beautiful country of Malaysia. Experience of a lifetime is an understatement."

Jen
"Ready for my Cosmo cover," Jen jokes.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2014, 01:11:19 AM »
Sneak peek with Dave and Connor in trouble!

'Amazing Race' Sneak Peek: Sink-or-Swim Time for Connor and Dave in Borneo

By Carrie Bell | Yahoo TV – 10 hours ago..

Video here: http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-amazing-race--sneak-peek--sink-or-swim-time-for-connor-and-dave-in-borneo-210038671.html

Just a week after the Bluegrass State duo were "philiminated" thanks to lost luggage and subsequent bickering, another "Amazing Race" all-star team might meet its Season 24 demise thanks to an avoidable misstep.

This time it is Dave and Connor O'Leary who find themselves up sh-- creek without a paddle, figuratively and almost literally. What can be deduced from this exclusive clip from Sunday's new episode is that the parent-child pair is floating down a river in Borneo on a raft of questionable sturdiness with a friendly Travelocity yard gnome looking for the sixth bridge and a food drop-off.

"The O'Leary boys become the wild men of Borneo river running. What a rush, what an experience," Dave gushed in an email statement to Yahoo TV. "Who wouldn't want to add that to their bucket list?"

But it is easier to put it on a bucket list than to check it off one. "I have rafted before, but this challenge was next level," added Connor, also by email. "Going down that river on a bamboo raft that we made ourselves was sketchy to say the least. Our raft started to fall apart each rapid we hit, and by the end, we were hanging on for dear life."

His dad joked, "I thought Connor might get a hernia trying to hold the raft together with his legs and was really glad it was him in front and not me."

And just when relief from leg lock and raging waters is in sight, the men realize they have happened upon the other Detour "Jungle Run" option and one terrifying-looking local. They have no choice but to paddle on, eventually ditch the raft, and hoof it, all of which leads to some semistrongly worded worries that are TSFW (totally safe for work)!

Tune in Sunday at 8 p.m. to see if the father-son set can overcome the unplanned detour within a detour or if they will be the next all-stars whose trip around the world is canceled.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »

“Welcome to the Jungle” – Teams race through the Malaysian jungle
where the roaring rapids crush their spirits and their homemade rafts. Plus,
after being struck by taxi déjà vu, one team fights to
stay in the running,
on the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING
RACE, Sunday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Who? What?  ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »

Can we ID this location??

And big change in expressions here....

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »

stay in the running,

Who? What?  ???

I'm guessing this is aimed at Dave & Connor, based on this -

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-amazing-race--sneak-peek--sink-or-swim-time-for-connor-and-dave-in-borneo-210038671.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2014, 10:00:52 AM »

stay in the running,

Who? What?  ???

I'm guessing this is aimed at Dave & Connor, based on this -

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-amazing-race--sneak-peek--sink-or-swim-time-for-connor-and-dave-in-borneo-210038671.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

They never had taxi troubles. Me thinks it's Globes.