Author Topic: Rachel Reilly Bashes ‘Amazing Race’ Competitors Caroline & Jennifer  (Read 22232 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: Rachel Reilly Bashes ‘Amazing Race’ Competitors Caroline & Jennifer
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »
All of these potshots, makes me think that Brendon and Rachel won. 

In another perspective, it can be more like she didn't win and Caroline and Jennifer won and she's all bitter.  :funny: #justsaying #thisisnotaspoiler

Or that she & Brendon failed to make the finals and Caroline & Jennifer did -- at Rachel's expense!  That would really drive Rachel crazy!   :funny:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 07:41:09 PM »
I won't quote the post due to said post including an image, but in response to Plaidmoon's post on Rachel vs Stealing Angels; I really don't think it's a big deal. Unnecessary, but no big deal (or in the words of the Hockey Bros, no big whoop).  As mentioned, it adds something toward the competitive nature of the season.

On the star status, BTW, if I'm Caroline, I would have replied back to Rachel, with an image of the Twitter page, including a circle around Caroline's twitter handle which includes the patented Verified Twitter check.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

NoluckBoston

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 09:57:44 PM »
What bothered me the most the other night were two things,

1.)That the Cowgirls got the Express pass and used it. They should have played the cowboys and not used it and finished the task. They could have built that car and saved the pass. What fools!!!

2.) When they later said at the mat that we are girls and girls dont do things like that. That was a slap in the face of Margie and that YouTube gal. Two strong women who got it done.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2014, 01:45:24 AM »

1.)That the Cowgirls got the Express pass and used it. They should have played the cowboys and not used it and finished the task. They could have built that car and saved the pass. What fools!!!

2.) When they later said at the mat that we are girls and girls dont do things like that. That was a slap in the face of Margie and that YouTube gal. Two strong women who got it done.

That YouTube gal has a name, Meghan. 

Offline Lutpay

• RFF Full Member
  • #FishbachOuttaWater
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2014, 02:00:22 AM »

They were in LAST at that point.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »
And Caroline doesn't look anywhere near competent of actually building that thing faster than John or Meghan?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »
It was a smart move.

They had no way of knowing M&M would drop behind...as far as they knew they were in last place and given Caroline's anxiety about the task...likely to stay there. I say, good on Jenn!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 12:33:07 AM »
So Caroline & Jennifer built a bamboo raft, no problem.
But they can't piece together a toy car with picture instructions and examples all around them.  Okay.

About Rachel trash talking... you've got to have done something REALLY bad to her for her to even care about trash talking you.  She never did this to Vanessa after TAR20 or to anyone from BB post-season. 

And about Caroline & Jennifer being all class, they weren't so classy to the Twinnies on Twitter, that's for sure.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 07:24:29 AM »
Rachel is a very insecure person.  She shows it by her breakdowns, whining, and now by dissing the Country singers.   She seems to need approval for everything and does so by calling attention to herself (not necessarily in the best of ways such as her clothing)  She has run into  two accomplished women, who can strategize and can do things.  Rachel did not build the car but volunteered Brendon to do it.  She would have more weight to her words if she had build the car.   It is very telling that Brendon said that she was her own enemy.  It is the monkeys in her head that she needs to conquer. 
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »
Rachel is a very insecure person.  She shows it by her breakdowns, whining, and now by dissing the Country singers.   She seems to need approval for everything and does so by calling attention to herself (not necessarily in the best of ways such as her clothing)  She has run into  two accomplished women, who can strategize and can do things.  Rachel did not build the car but volunteered Brendon to do it.  She would have more weight to her words if she had build the car.   It is very telling that Brendon said that she was her own enemy.  It is the monkeys in her head that she needs to conquer.

She has had no breakdowns, and very little whining.  She dissed the actions of the Country singers that were an insult to women, and deservedly so.  Rachel knew Brendon could do it better.  She didn't play the "poor little female" card.

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »
So far this season is a mess, with teams that should have been gone, still there, and deserving teams eliminated. Case in point, last night. The 3 teams that did not make the first flight, one of them were going to be eliminated, even though it was not their fault. Saying that, disappointed, Meghan and Joey are gone, and Caroline and Jennifer are still there.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 03:20:15 PM »
Even if just judging her performance on TAR, Rachel's done plenty on her own.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 12:34:15 PM »
In all honesty, Rachel has made less "annoying moments" so far than half of the cast. :funny: She has matured a lot since bring unprepared for TAR20.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »
Rachel's comment on Episode 3: "I wonder how the country singers did this"

It pretty much shows how Rachel underestimated the girls all the time I guess. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
PLUS: I believe this is the BEST USE OF THE EXPRESS PASS EVER.

They used it last leg to get out of a very likely last place finish for Roadblock.

Because of that it gave them confidence to complete the leg in third place. There was no way that they were not going to waste time if they had to CARRY that huge car on their own and put it in their cabs. No taxi drivers would have allowed that if they saw that it was the two of them, considering they have to really carry it and placed it on the taxi on their own and secure it. The taxi drivers most likely wouldn't have helped them.

And with that Express Pass, it helped them get on the first flight this leg, potentially avoiding elimination again because they are not in last place and are not flustered.

I don't see what's wrong with playing their charm to their advantage and undermining their ability to get something to their advantage. Tbh, the second Express Pass was always meant to be given to a weaker team right? Dave and Connor got it cause of their injury. No idea why Tim and Marie wanted Nicole and Travis to get it, but I guess the other teams disliked them and that leaves them with no choice I guess.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »
My biggest problem with Caroline & Jennifer on Leg 2 was them complaining about the Road Block, ready to give up when there were still plenty of teams there and then stepping on the Mat and complaining some more about how the task was somehow impossible for a woman/geared towards a man and yet standing right next to them were Margie AND Meghan who are, last I checked, women who completed the Road Block no problem with no help from anyone else.  Meghan even helped John before leaving, if I remember correctly.

They can flirt with life all they want, but that attitude of theirs on Leg 2 was really bad and Meghan saying it's an embarrassment in the confessionals was on point.  Plenty of women have Raced on TAR, especially back when it was actually challenging, and done plenty of "hard" things.

To make their attitude worse, they ran Leg 2 and built a freaking bamboo raft on their own.  Oh, because there wasn't anyone around to flirt with?  Give me a break.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2014, 05:42:21 PM »
Rachel mad because the singers got on the first flight to Malaysia maybe.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 05:45:07 PM »

I doubt it. I think it will be very very interesting to watch this rivalry develop, perhaps mid Race if they both survive.

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2014, 07:47:04 PM »
It could "spice" up the show

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 04:44:45 AM »
I think it's arriving at the Roadblock last where the other teams have made progress at a task Caroline & Jennifer have a disadvantage have gave them a reason to panic. It was a great move for Jennifer to charm out the Express Pass from Jet & Cord, using logical reasons, and seeing that it gave Jet & Cord an advantage too, there's no reason to hate them for it as they did it to survive.

I agree that Caroline's comment at the pit stop about "fixing a car is a guy's thing" is wrong, and is just an awful, off-handed comment to chalk up using the Express Pass on Leg 2, but I disagree that the country singers "couldn't do anything for themselves." I mean, they got the the Express Pass from another team, that's have to count for something!

Besides, who didn't like it when Jennifer said "I knew I was going to get it from him."  :)
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »

I doubt it. I think it will be very very interesting to watch this rivalry develop, perhaps mid Race if they both survive.
Perhaps it will be another Jason & Amy and Tim & Marie taxi rivalry when they get to Europe.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2014, 09:18:15 AM »
Posts moved to Caroline and Jen's thread in Contestants. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.