Author Topic: Rachel Reilly Bashes ‘Amazing Race’ Competitors Caroline & Jennifer  (Read 22235 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
O.M.G.  :o :o :o

EXCLUSIVE! Rachel Reilly Bashes ‘Amazing Race’ Competitors Caroline & Jennifer!

theashleysrealityroundup

• March 1, 2014 3:53 pm
  'You will never get rid of me!'

“You will never get rid of me!”

Catfight alert!

Amazing Race contestant Rachel Reilly got nasty when discussing blond country singers Jennifer Wayne and Caroline Cutbirth, one of the teams she and husband Brendan Villegas competed against on the current ‘Amazing Race All-Stars’ season.

In an exclusive interview with The Ashley at Thursday night’s OK! Magazine Pre-Oscar Party, Rachel held nothing back when discussing why she didn’t like the blond bombshells.

“The country singers, I don’t even know why they got asked back,” she told The Ashley. “The last time [they were on the show] all they did was flirt with all the guys and follow them around. It’s like, their trick is to stick their boobs out and it gets them ahead in the game.”

Rachel confirmed that Jennifer and Caroline did use their, um, ample assets to help further them in ‘All-Stars.’

“They [were] up to their old tricks again,” she said. “It got them far their first time around.”

Fans were less-than-thrilled when Rachel and Brendan were announced as part of the ‘All-Stars’ cast. The two seem to make their back to our TV screens every year or so. They previously starred on several seasons of Big Brother, in addition to their stint on Season 20 of ‘The Amazing Race.’ (Oh, and who could forget their made-for-TV David Tutera wedding special back in 2012?)

Rachel revealed to The Ashley that, while she doesn’t know if she will do another season of ‘The Amazing Race,’ she and Brendan will be coming back to our TVs–again.

“Actually there is a TV show in the works,” she said. “I can’t really talk about it too much but I tell all my fans to keep your eye out for Rachel and Brendan. You haven’t seen the last of us!”

Dun.Dun.Dun.

http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2014/03/01/exclusive-rachel-reilly-bashes-amazing-race-competitors/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:58:50 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Well, it is clear that Caroline and Jennifer tried to manipulate the Cowboys, both of whom are married, and I think Rachel has a valid point. What I can't figure out is why Carolina and Jennifer didn't figure out that the Hockey brothers used them back, and won, in part because these two didn't have as strong a Racing skill set, and on their own, they would not have gotten as far.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I want to know what happened between them. Maybe Country Singers will deliver like Vanessa. :funny:

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
I want to know what happened between them. Maybe Country Singers will deliver like Vanessa. :funny:

Minus the cheese and crackers part!

That would be enough reason for me wanting Vanessa to come back.  :)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
OMG Drama between those two teams will almost save TAR All Stars and make it MUCH most interesting cast wise. <3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
As much as I don't enjoy Rachel R. or this Rachel (me) complaining about everything, I feel the same way about the country singers. Still don't see how on earth they are worthy of being called "memorable" let alone all-stars. Kelly & Christy would have even been better choices than them and that's saying much.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
Oh, this is sooo pot calling the kettle black.  At least the Country singers have a better sense of fashion.
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
The Country Singers are so memorable that I needed 10 minutes to remember their memorable moment.
Rachel was right about everything she said in this. Country Singers are the worst team to ever make it through the Final 4 of an Amazing Race.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Country Singers are so memorable that I needed 10 minutes to remember their memorable moment.
Rachel was right about everything she said in this. Country Singers are the worst team to ever make it through the Final 4 of an Amazing Race.

What was Caroline & Jennifer's memorable moment?

All I remember is that they were quitters, who got bailed out by a completely unnecessary Hours of Operation on the next leg.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Why is it that every time on All-Stars my two favourites have to be mortal enemies. This is Dustin & Kandice vs Charla & Mirna all over again OMG. :groan:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Rachel Reilly Bashes ‘Amazing Race’ Competitors Caroline & Jennifer
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 10:23:52 PM »
Oh, this is sooo pot calling the kettle black.  At least the Country singers have a better sense of fashion.

As much as I agree (slightly) with the fashion statement, I personally don't see how Rachel is hypocritical in this situation. On her last season, I didn't see much of Rachel being flirty to get ahead in the race, IIRC, she didn't do it at all (feel free to call me out if I'm wrong though, for all I know, I could be). The things she did to get to final three (crying or no crying) was purely on her own merit. CaroJen in this situation were simply taking advantage of the situation, but it makes them look bad as they did the exact same thing with the Hockey Bros in S22.

That being said, I agree about CaroJen being cast. If "All-stars" features memorable teams, then they shouldn't have been cast. They have potentially placed huge targets on both them and the Cowboys (now that all the teams know there's only one EP in play).

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 11:08:45 PM »
I think the edit always point us towards hating/disliking a certain team that don't win, of course with the exception of Cowboys in Season 16, whom they want to milk 3 seasons worth out of them.

Dave and Rachel weren't the best lovable team in Season 20. So how do they make the rest love them more? By having a complete disaster edit for Vanessa and Ralph VS Rachel and Brendon bitchyness plus a super annoying Art and JJ.

Another example being BJ and Tyler being the most annoying team on earth and they still got a really good edit because they win ultimately? (This I digress)

I like both teams here, but I just feel that Rachel easily gets jealous of other (pretty?) girls or that she has particular problems with girls who use their beauty and assets to get head and reap some benefits from others, especially guys? There is nothing wrong with this, considering the other trait isn't any better either.

Will need more context to judge this situation? :(

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 04:24:57 AM »
I can't really blame Rachel for saying that. Caroline and Jennifer are generally one of the weakest teams in this particular season yet they had the best placements out of all 4 returning teams from season 22. It's sort of ironic.

But I am not saying that Caroline and Jennifer are "weak" weak. They finished 2nd in the recent detour. If there was a U-turn on that leg, they possibly would have reached the U-turn mat second and U-turn the **** out of everyone. And If I remembered correctly, back in Bora-Bora in season 22, Caroline and Jennifer managed to get out of last place in Bora-Bora 2 by surpassing teams such as Max and Katie and Pam and Winnie, both teams were great contenders.

They certainly were not the teams that Brendon and Rachel needed to worry about moving forward in this race. If I were in the race, I would slightly be more worried about having a 56-years-old Margie as my competition before I even considered Caroline and Jennifer as a unit that I need to look out for.

Rachel had a very tough season before (challenge and competition wise) and she and Brendon finished it, literally all the way to the end. I don't think a lot of these teams (especially from 22, Caroline and Jennifer in particular) this season would have made it far in season 20.

but who knows what Caroline and Jennifer could pull out of their sleeves? I am certainly looking forward.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 05:32:57 AM »
The singers were so OMG this leg. Like, how on Earth can you saved your eliminated ass? They did what they had to do, flirting, and it worked for them to get their 3rd place. This is a race. No matter what your tactics are, try to get out of last place.

I love both teams, tbh,

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 05:36:56 AM »
#ShmirnaBQs2.0 <3

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 07:47:04 AM »
As much as I agree (slightly) with the fashion statement, I personally don't see how Rachel is hypocritical in this situation. On her last season, I didn't see much of Rachel being flirty to get ahead in the race, IIRC, she didn't do it at all (feel free to call me out if I'm wrong though, for all I know, I could be). The things she did to get to final three (crying or no crying) was purely on her own merit. CaroJen in this situation were simply taking advantage of the situation, but it makes them look bad as they did the exact same thing with the Hockey Bros in S22.

I would agree with that, regarding Rachel. If I remember correctly, I always thought whenever Rachel did not do her fake crying, she actually did the tasks pretty well for the most part, and getting far when it seemed like most teams (and the audience for that matter) wanted them gone from the get-go. Just unfortunate that her team had to compete in what is probably the toughest seasons of all-time.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »
Women can be so nasty and self righteous to each other.   So the Country singers fall back on to their feminine wiles, is that any different to Rachel whining, crying and carrying on?  So they are flirting with the Cowboys or Hockey Players.  The only one Rachel has to cry to is Brendon.  As I see it the Cowboys saw the EP as a curse and the faster they got rid of it the better.  Remember the last season, where Marie was using it as a tease to get what she wanted (information) until she was called out in Norway.  Is that any different?  Methinks there is a green-eyed monster lurking here

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »
Women can be so nasty and self righteous to each other.   So the Country singers fall back on to their feminine wiles, is that any different to Rachel whining, crying and carrying on?  So they are flirting with the Cowboys or Hockey Players.  The only one Rachel has to cry to is Brendon.  As I see it the Cowboys saw the EP as a curse and the faster they got rid of it the better.  Remember the last season, where Marie was using it as a tease to get what she wanted (information) until she was called out in Norway.  Is that any different?  Methinks there is a green-eyed monster lurking here

This
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 12:02:47 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the girls using a bit of charm to get further into the game. Nothing different from Rob and Amber using their fame to get ferns helping them. Or Eric and Jeremy using their alpha male strengths to excel in brawns challenges.

But it saddens me actually. This Allstar cast just doesn't seem to like each other much or don't generally have a good relationship with each other.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 12:33:28 PM »
Caroline and Jennifer did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG! This has been done on occasion for 23 seasons, so why on earth is it even a problem now?! Exact same for Survivor or any reality tv show.

Offline purefluff

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Purefluff
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 12:52:38 PM »
It's kind a bitter and gratuitous potshot by Rachel.  If she had any class, she would have just kept her mouth shut.  I mean, what is there to gain from her perspective?  It makes her look shallow and cheap and makes the Country Singers appear more sympathetic.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »
I ran across a tweet with a screencap of a tweet Rachel sent out (since deleted?) taking another shot at the Country Singers. While I'm not a big fan of the Country Singers, this is just WAY TOO self important "Hey, I'm a big shot!" from Rachel. I'm very disappointed in her, but not very surprised.

Dee ✨ ‏@deeluvs 12m
Of course Rachel deleted her tweet. That's what screenshots are for. #TAR #Amazingrace @AmazingRace_CBS pic.twitter.com/JUPRzPvhf2

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »
It's just kinda sad that Rachel is doing all these and it just made her seem really immature. I do believe she is bigger than this.

The country singers, on the other hand... is handling all this with class, look at Jen's twitter posts and it's all about rationalizing their actions rather than personal attack.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 03:06:57 PM »
All of these potshots, makes me think that Brendon and Rachel won.   It is like she is crowing about what a good player she is, competing with integrity.  Frankly she is a major reason that I dislike reality shows.  A no-talent fame  who is a celebrity because we the public let her be. :crazy:   I like Amazing Race because of this forum; the cat and mouse game we play with TPTB.    :hearts:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:20:42 PM by Ticasmom »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »
All of these potshots, makes me think that Brendon and Rachel won. 

In another perspective, it can be more like she didn't win and Caroline and Jennifer won and she's all bitter.  :funny: #justsaying #thisisnotaspoiler