Author Topic: TAR Aus 3 Media  (Read 17118 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR Aus 3 Media
« on: March 01, 2014, 02:44:37 PM »
Amazing trans-Tasman race

The West Australian     
Pam Brown         
The West Australian       
February 14, 2014, 8:07 am   

Grant Bowler will be back for a third season as host of Seven's hit reality adventure competition The Amazing Race Australia.
This year teams from Australia and New Zealand will compete against each other and Bowler - born in New Zealand but raised in Australia - is excited to be on board again.
"It is an Aussie-NZ head-to- header - it is like the Bledisloe Cup of Amazing Races," he laughed to AAA over the phone from Sydney.
"It looks fantastic and I'm really, really happy to be asked back to do it a third time.
"Amazing Race is a killer job, like I always need three or four weeks off afterwards just to feel like a human being again. But it is so much fun it is ridiculous - if you like never sleeping and living on adrenaline, which I kind of do.
"But that is also what my life is like when I am shooting Defiance."
Bowler has just finished making a second season of the sci-fi drama Defiance, which will screen on pay-TV's Syfy channel later this year. The first season started on Seven on Wednesday.
The show, set in 2046 in post-apocalyptic Earth where humans share the planet with aliens, has been a major success for the actor, who now lives in Venice Beach, California.
"That is the closest thing to Australia I could find in Los Angeles," he said. "The people are kind of casual and laidback, I love it down there."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/21461225/amazing-trans-tasman-race/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Aus 3 Media
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:29:31 AM »
14th of Feb. How did we miss that.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »
From TV2 http://tvnz.co.nz/the-amazing-race-australia/v-new-zealand-6005073

About The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand

For the first time in The Amazing Race history, two countries will be pitted against each other in The Amazing Race - Australia v New Zealand.

The name suggests it all. It's mate against mate, brother against sister as the Trans-Tasman rivalry rises to a whole new level and finds a new playing field when ten teams of two – five from Australia and five from New Zealand – race through ten countries, six continents and almost 90,000kms in the true adventure of a lifetime.

The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand is a tough, physical, psychological and geographical pressure cooker where the teams of two will have to follow clues in a race around the world.

However, this latest series takes it to another realm with teams also carrying their nations' pride on their shoulders. Whether the chicken or the egg came first pales in comparison to the answer these teams are fighting for. Which nation rules?

At the end of each leg of the Race, the last team to finish faces the prospect of elimination. The winner of the series is the first team to finish the final leg and collect the grand prize of $250,000.

What tactics will play out in the Race? Will teams bond under their national flag, or will ambition and personal pride triumph over patriotism?

Historically, Australia and New Zealand have united in times of crisis and battled as fierce competitors in the world of sport. And so, The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand promises to deliver a race within a race, ultimately leaving only one team able to win.

Will the winning team be from Australia or New Zealand?

Woohoo, six continents!!! :hearts:

Offline TARAUSfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »
TV2NZ have been leaking teasers of the Kiwi teams on their instagram feed.

Here are the 5 kiwi teams:

http://web.stagram.com/p/755952498515394696_971896295

and is another of just one team:

http://web.stagram.com/p/755312770417967651_971896295

It's all happening.... :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 01:13:37 PM »
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/news-and-gossip/article/-/24385289/ten-countries-six-continents-one-rivalry/

Ten countries, six continents, one rivalry

July 4, 2014, 12:34 pm  Yahoo!7

The Amazing Race: Australia vs. New Zealand hits television screens soon and according to our host, Grant Bowler, it is set to be the most competitive season in the show’s history.

Whether you prefer a waltz with Matilda or a stomp of the Haka, it’s time to pick a side, reignite long-standing rivalries, and prepare yourself for the most epic of adventures.

The Amazing Race: Australia vs. New Zealand hits television screens soon and according to our host, Grant Bowler, it is set to be the most competitive season in the show’s history.

“This year’s casting is fantastic,” said the former Blue Heelers actor. “The teams are all very athletic and mobile and they’ll all handle the race really well.

“There are some big personalities this year and I’m sure they will make good TV. The rivalry between the Aussies and the Kiwis will be there for all to see and I think they’ll really try to bugger each other up – I think we’ll see lots of pranks!”

Bowler is perfectly suited to host the series having been born in New Zealand and raised in Australia.

“My mum’s a Kiwi and dad’s an Aussie, so I’m the perfect guy to enjoy this battle as it plays out. I’m so used to this conflict it’s insane!”

With the contestants covering an unprecedented six continents over the course of the season, the race will push their stamina to the max and national pride to the limit – bring it on!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »
Teams revealed in the daily telegraph.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/stellar-cast-promises-plenty-of-tension-between-rival-teams-and-ratings-gold-for-the-amazing-race/story-fni0cvc9-1226978858876?nk=95eefd200ee7f40dc7dd2b67367bc9f7

Stellar cast promises plenty of tension between rival teams and ratings gold for The Amazing Race

THERE’S already plenty of tension between the trans-Tasman rival teams from New Zealand and Australia, but it’s the clever casting of Seven’s ­returning reality series The Amazing Race that should make it a solid ratings starter for the network this month.

Among the contestants who began their global trek from Uluru earlier this year are Kiwi foster parents Cat and Jesse, who will be known to NZ audiences as a final four singer from the 2005 season of the country’s Idol series, and Perth body builders Sally and Tyson, who has been nicknamed the Incredible Hulk by other ­competitors.

For the first couple the new reality challenge is their third grab at 15-minutes of TV fame after they became drawn into a pregnancy drama when Jesse first entered the New Zealand Idol series in 2002.

While the quirky pair had ­reportedly made producers aware of the looming birth of their first daughter, Carmel, prior to the start of the contest, it played out more sensationally on screen when Jesse was “forced” to pull out at round 16 stage to support his wife.

Two years later, he was approached to audition again with the competition airing as Cat was carrying their next child, Joel.

Promising there were no plans to add to the clan during their latest overseas adventure, jester Jesse said the lure of reality TV was too great for these fans, joking that the “break between TV appearances was too great so we had to find something, and I can’t cook”.

Meanwhile, looks could prove deceiving for fitness fanatics from WA with Sally, a veterinarian, almost falling at the first hurdle, collapsing at a pre-production boot camp.

Devoted to the blood-type diet, the world champion bikini body builder fainted after her finely tuned metabolism went into mini-meltdown.

Apparently pushing herself to breaking point is a common occurrence for Sally.

“People at my gym know that’s how much I push myself, so that’s normal,” she said.

And if his partner does fade in a critical moment in the race, Tyson plans to carry on with Sally over his shoulder.

NZ Team L-R: Cat and Jesse, Carla and Hereni, John and Murray, Emily and Jono. Front: Aston and Christie. AUS Team L-R: Inga and Tiharna, Elizabeth and Todd, Sally and Tyson, Daniel and Ryan. Front: Ashleigh and Jarrod

The cast for Seven’s 2014 series of The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand. L-R: Elizabeth and Todd, Sally and Tyson, Ashleigh and Jarrod, Tiharna and Inga, Daniel and Ryan.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 07:41:22 PM »
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=11288345

Kiwis pumped for Aussie 'Race' win

Ten New Zealanders are racing Australians around the world in a bid to win $250,000 and reality TV stardom.

The Amazing Race pits five New Zealand teams of two head-to-head with their Australian counterparts through six continents and 10 countries, across almost 90,000km.

It is the first time the popular reality TV show has pitted two countries against each other.

The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand will be hosted by Outrageous Fortune star Grant Bowler and will air on TV2 later this month.

The Kiwi teams include Tauranga friends Hereni Fulton and Carla Beazley, Christchurch siblings Emily and Jono Trenberth, friends John Gbenda-Charles and Murray Roeske, and friends Christie Orr and Aston Garratt.

Hamilton couple Jesse and Cat O'Brien decided to enter because they were big fans of the show.

Team NZ, of the Amazing Race persuasion, is competing in the first bi-country challenge. Team NZ, of the Amazing Race persuasion, is competing in the first bi-country challenge.

Ten New Zealanders are racing Australians around the world in a bid to win $250,000 and reality TV stardom.

The Amazing Race pits five New Zealand teams of two head-to-head with their Australian counterparts through six continents and 10 countries, across almost 90,000km.

It is the first time the popular reality TV show has pitted two countries against each other.

The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand will be hosted by Outrageous Fortune star Grant Bowler and will air on TV2 later this month.

The Kiwi teams include Tauranga friends Hereni Fulton and Carla Beazley, Christchurch siblings Emily and Jono Trenberth, friends John Gbenda-Charles and Murray Roeske, and friends Christie Orr and Aston Garratt.

Hamilton couple Jesse and Cat O'Brien decided to enter because they were big fans of the show.

"We've always sat there with our kids going, 'Man, how cool would that be? We could totally do that'," Jesse said.

"When we saw the ad on TV asking for contestants, we thought we'd better back up our words."

It's not the first time the 36-year-old has been in the spotlight.

He has twice been a contestant on NZ Idol, coming in fourth spot in 2005 after withdrawing from the 2003 competition to be at the birth of his daughter.

"I love TV," he admitted. "I love watching it and I do quite like the attention."

Cat needed a little more persuading.

"I had to put the TV part behind me and think about all the amazing opportunities - the travel, getting to meet new people, getting to travel with no kids, that's always fun," she said.

Jesse said he was "extremely loud and love(s) to be the centre of attention", whereas Cat described herself as "more behind-the-scenes".

"We work great as a couple," she said. "We're pretty much chalk and cheese so I knew early on that people would probably want to see that on TV."

The New Zealanders can join forces to take down the Aussies but only one couple can claim the $250,000.

For each leg, the last team to finish faces the prospect of elimination. The team that finishes the final leg first wins the competition.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 01:52:25 AM »
Looks like the first episode has been screened to the media, this is from TV Tonight

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/07/the-amazing-race-australia-v-nz.html

The Amazing Race: Australia v NZ

It’s been two years since The Amazing Race Australia has hit our screens.

After winning an International Emmy Award for its very first season, the show had a second which was subjected to scheduling interruptions and then disappeared from view. Instead we copped a failed return by The Mole.

Now it’s back but with changes behind the scenes. It’s no longer produced by activeTV, but produced internally by Seven. While the network has enjoyed extraordinary success with its own Reality brands, this was likely a change driven by a desire to trim costs.

But we also have an Australia v NZ format this time.

“Watch out ‘Straya we’re coming to get ya!” says one NZ team.

“Have you seen any kangaroos yet?” asks another.

The network trumpets this as an historic first having countries pitted against one another. I’m inclined to think there are good reasons why that’s never happened. US host Phil Keoghan always said the problem with having an internationally-cast TAR would be obvious if a US team were eliminated early. Here there are 5 teams from each country chasing a $250,000 prize, so the likelihood of Aussies all being booted from weeks 1 -5 is pretty remote.

We begin in front of Uluru with a tug of war -literally- between Aussies v Kiwis.

“Just relax Australia. I got this one for youse,” says a towering personal trainer named Tyson.

“Australia is going deeewn,” sneers a Kiwi.

I keep waiting for a Maori haka, but we’ve been spared.

Yet the other subtle change that has crept in is the influence of shows like My Kitchen Rules. There are MKR-style cutaways where teams narrate to camera about how hopeless their competitors are. That’s despite them only having ‘met’ 5 minutes ago. While these have featured before, it feels like there are more of them, with added-emphasis on imposed rivalry, rather than letting it naturally occur through the drama of competition.

Thankfully, it still retains the sweeping helicopter shots, strapping host Grant Bowler and TAR‘s trademark music, licensed from the US.

Seven has always been excellent at casting such formats (so many shows are actually inspired by TAR‘s themed teams it’s not funny).

Amongst the teams are “feisty” NZ fitness mums (remember, women are always “feisty”, never men), a “brainy, busty brunettes” pair of pagaent models, some groomed intensive carers (sexual identity undeclared), a mother and son, two fair-haired siblings who finish each other’s sentences with a suggestive bond that would be illegal in most states, Team Raspberry & Coke (NZ males) plus newlyweds who adhere to traditional gender roles. “I try to do a lot of the woman’s work, like the ironing and cleaning,” says Ash. “Jarrod does the man’s work.” Whoa.

The first leg involves a Virgin flight from Alice Springs to Christchurch (here come the cost cuts). Several Kiwis seem rapt to be going back home. I’m wishing they headed to a foreign-language country so we can see them all as bad tourists -this is part of the intrinsic charm of Amazing Race. I guess it will come, as international destinations are guaranteed.

As the race progresses, so too does the bitchy competitiveness.

“He’s blocking you. Bastard!” yells the mum to one team in a taxi.

The episode constantly underlines nation rivalry.

“Those bloody Kiwis. It’s almost worth buying a bloody map,” growls one frustrated Aussie.

Along the Christchurch route there are references to the earthquakes that killed over 180 New Zealanders. I’m pleased there are still cultural references, another important element to the storytelling.

The Roadblock and Detour work quite well and there are scenic shots of South Island locations for armchair travellers. As the race progresses, there are of course two teams in a last-minute dash to the first “putt stop.”

Grant Bowler is effortless as host, clearly a fan of the format.

But the first episode is also too long, unable to resist a meal-sized 60 minutes.

With no MKR around in the second half of the year, it’s hard not to presume that Seven is keen for another series that has colourful characters who pop beyond the show. Can’t blame them for wanting that, but it probably doesn’t get you an International Emmy.

The Amazing Race: Australia v New Zealand will premiere later this month on Seven.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 10:58:13 PM »
From TV2's Facebook:

Announcement: Australia have delayed the launch of The Amazing Race which delays us too. TV Guide has already gone to print (sorry guys) but they've got a sweet interview with the host Grant Bowler. The Amazing Race. Still coming soon to Tuesdays TV2

:groan:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 12:00:48 AM »
From TV2's Facebook:

Announcement: Australia have delayed the launch of The Amazing Race which delays us too. TV Guide has already gone to print (sorry guys) but they've got a sweet interview with the host Grant Bowler. The Amazing Race. Still coming soon to Tuesdays TV2

:(

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 12:07:50 AM »
From TV2's Facebook:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 12:19:21 AM »
Damn it Australia! Why do you do this to us?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 01:49:28 AM »
Last minute editing? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 01:51:05 AM »
Last minute editing? ???

Maybe Seven feel they haven't promoted it enough?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline aussieamazingracer

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 02:25:33 AM »
I think the reason that Seven don't want to air the premiere on the 28th July as it will clash with the MasterChef Australia final on another network which will have high ratings. They probably don't want to air it on the 29th either as then NZ will see it before us. I reckon they will only hold it back one week, and premiere on 4th August at around 8.45pm for NZ to see it 5th August. Just my prediction though...

MrDeerShank

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 01:33:35 PM »
On a different note, the, "putt stop," is a very subliminal message for a golf course Pit Stop so we could be seeing Terrace Downs again a la TAR22?

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »
I think that could be a New Zealand people sound weird thing.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 04:25:05 AM »
Start time confirmed for Australia! :yess:

Monday week (August 4th) at 8.40pm it begins!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 04:51:15 AM »
Not sure how I feel about the Aussies getting it a full 22 hours ahead of us but it's what was probably going to happen.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »
Not sure how I feel about the Aussies getting it a full 22 hours ahead of us but it's what was probably going to happen.
What?? Why would they do that? It doesn't make any sense.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 12:20:46 PM »
It makes sense where they want Aussies to be able to watch it first because they were the original creators of this series, and the only way for timezones to fit would be for Aussies to get it a day before.

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 05:56:26 PM »

yes it's aus v nz but still an australia show australia were always going to get it first

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 11:26:52 PM »
We have a conferred date and time.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/07/airdate-the-amazing-race-aus-v-nz.html

Mondays after X-factor (I refuse to say a time because X-factor has a habit of going over time and some eps are longer then others)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 05:51:28 PM »
Saw another promo during The Amazing Race yesterday (I watched it on DVR) The only new thing it showed was that after they land in Christchurch, the bodybuilders are seen heading to the Cardboard Cathedral in Cathedral Square.
It's Clobbering Time!