TAR Aus 3 Media

(1/6) > >>

georgiapeach:
Amazing trans-Tasman race

The West Australian     
Pam Brown         
The West Australian       
February 14, 2014, 8:07 am   

Grant Bowler will be back for a third season as host of Seven's hit reality adventure competition The Amazing Race Australia.
This year teams from Australia and New Zealand will compete against each other and Bowler - born in New Zealand but raised in Australia - is excited to be on board again.
"It is an Aussie-NZ head-to- header - it is like the Bledisloe Cup of Amazing Races," he laughed to AAA over the phone from Sydney.
"It looks fantastic and I'm really, really happy to be asked back to do it a third time.
"Amazing Race is a killer job, like I always need three or four weeks off afterwards just to feel like a human being again. But it is so much fun it is ridiculous - if you like never sleeping and living on adrenaline, which I kind of do.
"But that is also what my life is like when I am shooting Defiance."
Bowler has just finished making a second season of the sci-fi drama Defiance, which will screen on pay-TV's Syfy channel later this year. The first season started on Seven on Wednesday.
The show, set in 2046 in post-apocalyptic Earth where humans share the planet with aliens, has been a major success for the actor, who now lives in Venice Beach, California.
"That is the closest thing to Australia I could find in Los Angeles," he said. "The people are kind of casual and laidback, I love it down there."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/21461225/amazing-trans-tasman-race/

theamazingracer21:
14th of Feb. How did we miss that.

ovalorange:
From TV2 http://tvnz.co.nz/the-amazing-race-australia/v-new-zealand-6005073

About The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand
For the first time in The Amazing Race history, two countries will be pitted against each other in The Amazing Race - Australia v New Zealand.

The name suggests it all. It's mate against mate, brother against sister as the Trans-Tasman rivalry rises to a whole new level and finds a new playing field when ten teams of two – five from Australia and five from New Zealand – race through ten countries, six continents and almost 90,000kms in the true adventure of a lifetime.

The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand is a tough, physical, psychological and geographical pressure cooker where the teams of two will have to follow clues in a race around the world.

However, this latest series takes it to another realm with teams also carrying their nations' pride on their shoulders. Whether the chicken or the egg came first pales in comparison to the answer these teams are fighting for. Which nation rules?

At the end of each leg of the Race, the last team to finish faces the prospect of elimination. The winner of the series is the first team to finish the final leg and collect the grand prize of $250,000.

What tactics will play out in the Race? Will teams bond under their national flag, or will ambition and personal pride triumph over patriotism?

Historically, Australia and New Zealand have united in times of crisis and battled as fierce competitors in the world of sport. And so, The Amazing Race Australia v New Zealand promises to deliver a race within a race, ultimately leaving only one team able to win.

Will the winning team be from Australia or New Zealand?

Woohoo, six continents!!! :hearts:

TARAUSfan:
TV2NZ have been leaking teasers of the Kiwi teams on their instagram feed.

Here are the 5 kiwi teams:

http://web.stagram.com/p/755952498515394696_971896295

and is another of just one team:

http://web.stagram.com/p/755312770417967651_971896295

It's all happening.... :conf:

georgiapeach:
https://au.tv.yahoo.com/news-and-gossip/article/-/24385289/ten-countries-six-continents-one-rivalry/

Ten countries, six continents, one rivalry

July 4, 2014, 12:34 pm  Yahoo!7

The Amazing Race: Australia vs. New Zealand hits television screens soon and according to our host, Grant Bowler, it is set to be the most competitive season in the show’s history.

Whether you prefer a waltz with Matilda or a stomp of the Haka, it’s time to pick a side, reignite long-standing rivalries, and prepare yourself for the most epic of adventures.

The Amazing Race: Australia vs. New Zealand hits television screens soon and according to our host, Grant Bowler, it is set to be the most competitive season in the show’s history.

“This year’s casting is fantastic,” said the former Blue Heelers actor. “The teams are all very athletic and mobile and they’ll all handle the race really well.

“There are some big personalities this year and I’m sure they will make good TV. The rivalry between the Aussies and the Kiwis will be there for all to see and I think they’ll really try to bugger each other up – I think we’ll see lots of pranks!”

Bowler is perfectly suited to host the series having been born in New Zealand and raised in Australia.

“My mum’s a Kiwi and dad’s an Aussie, so I’m the perfect guy to enjoy this battle as it plays out. I’m so used to this conflict it’s insane!”

With the contestants covering an unprecedented six continents over the course of the season, the race will push their stamina to the max and national pride to the limit – bring it on!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version