Author Topic: CBS Announces Saturday night repeats for TAR and Survivor on TVGN  (Read 4049 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Announced today and starting this Saturday night:

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=38233

CATCH UP ON CURRENT EPISODES OF “THE AMAZING RACE” AND “SURVIVOR” EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT STARTING MARCH 1 ONLY ON TVGN (TV GUIDE NETWORK)

Exclusive Television Encores on TVGN Kick Off After New Season Premieres on CBS

LOS ANGELES — Feb. 27, 2014 — Fans of THE AMAZING RACE and SURVIVOR will have an exclusive opportunity to catch up on their favorite reality competition series every Saturday night on TVGN (TV Guide Network) starting March 1.

TVGN will encore the most current episode of each series back-to-back with THE AMAZING RACE at 8:00 PM, ET/PT and SURVIVOR at 9:00 PM, ET/PT. New seasons of the two Emmy® Award-winning series premiered this week on the CBS Television Network.

“TVGN loves to celebrate great television, and THE AMAZING RACE and SURVIVOR are two of the best reality competition series of all time,” said Brad Schwartz, President of Entertainment and Media, TVGN. “We’re excited to give fans a dedicated time slot on Saturday nights for weekly catch-ups, as these two shows return to CBS this month.”

The All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, featuring 11 returning fan-favorite teams in pursuit of the $1 million prize, premiered on Feb. 23, with new weekly episodes airing every Sunday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS. THE AMAZING RACE is hosted by Phil Keoghan. The 28th edition of SURVIVOR, the longest-running reality competition series, premiered on Feb. 26, with new weekly episodes airing every Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS.  SURVIVOR is hosted by Jeff Probst.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:22:13 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: CBS Announces Saturday night repeats for TAR and Survivor on TVGN
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:40:56 PM »
Thanks TS!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 01:56:25 PM »
Wow... This would have been amazing if it had happened during just about any previous season. Instead, they waited until the worst possible All-Stars season ever to bring this news to me... :(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 04:50:45 PM »
CBS only bought its interest in TVGN a few months ago, and apparently been airing past seasons of TAR after that.

Better be grateful CBS is willing to do this at all, because they do not generally have on demand arrangements with cable providers.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:44:51 PM »
According to my cable guide, TVGN is airing each episode of both shows twice on Saturday night, beginning at 8pm ET, then immediately repeating at 11pm ET/8pm PT (this week) but usually at 10pm ET/7pm PT.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:37:46 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:47:10 AM »
Thanks TS!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place for this, or if it needs a new thread, but released yesterday (3rd March) - CBS will be airing both the first 2 episodes of TAR this Sat 8th March.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/03/cbs-to-rebroadcast-the-first-two-episodes-of-this-seasons-the-amazing-race-saturday-march-8/241724/
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »
The TVGN reruns were a positive sign, but this is a little better. Smart for CBS to do this now; it would have been better for them to do this last week (Duke vs UNC on Saturday on ESPN might be the only relevant competition).  OTOH, it would have been meaningless with the Academy Awards the next day.

Anyway, CBS does not have to do this at all.  Glad they are, and it's a perfect night to air the first two episodes in advance of the next several weeks where the show will air on time and not opposite great television.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 04:14:59 PM »
If my memory is right, this is only the third time CBS has repeated episodes of TAR on the mothership network ever. (Season 1, episode 1 was repeated on the Saturday before episode 2 aired after the broadcast net hiatus of regular programming following 9/11, and season 6 I believe had a repeat in the end of December of that season because of a regionwide blackout that affected much of the Northeastern Megalopolis from DC to Boston.

I didn't understand why they started the season when they did know of all the overlapping program these last two Sundays (Winter Games closing ceremonies and other programming, then the Oscars). Will it make a difference? That depends on how much promotion they do between now and Saturday to catch as much attention as possible to the repeats.
-- theschnauzers

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 02:02:10 AM »
The Amazing Race 24 TVGN Promo Video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3NeiqMVUDhU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3NeiqMVUDhU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:48:42 PM by colav10 »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 07:04:07 AM »
The Amazing Race 24 TVGN Promo Video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3NeiqMVUDhU&amp;feature" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3NeiqMVUDhU&amp;feature</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 10:53:11 AM »
I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but Zap2it.com lists the upcoming episode 3 showing at a couple of times besides Saturday night. Here are the dates when TAR 24 will be on the TV Guide network:

Wednesday 3/12  4 PM-5 PM
Saturday  3/15  8 PM-9 PM
Saturday  3/15  10 PM-11 PM
Sunday 3/16  12 PM-1 PM

Episode 4 is on at:

Wednesday 3/19  4 PM-5 PM
Saturday  3/22  8 PM-9 PM
Saturday  3/22  10 PM-11 PM

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 04:09:13 PM »
Wow! From Famine to Feast!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.