Author Topic: TAR Australia 3 SPOILERS & LIVE Sightings! Tweets go here *please read post 1*  (Read 56780 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts:

Guidelines:

If you are posting a tweet, please post the actual tweet, the tweet time, and the twitter user name.
For FB posts, please remove the FB name, but please send me the name and link for our records.

It is also wise to take a screenshot of any posts/tweets/photos you want to see again, they disappear quickly.

CREDIT any photos please.

Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it. Rest assured that we try to follow up on all twitters/sightings.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM or email me to ask before you post.

If you are bringing us a live sighting, :tu !! But please do  help us as much as you can with WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what color they are wearing is helpful) WHAT are they doing, WHERE (as exactly as possible..street? airport gate? be specific!), WHEN (what time zone?, exact time), and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

But please also remember that RFF chooses to first of all insure the safety of the racers. That means we do not want to expose them to a big fan/media onslaught along the way. So if you by chance know the exact locations racers will be in at a certain time BEFOREhand (like the Start Line or a future leg), please discuss it with me privately first, before posting it. Legs DO get changed....

And even though we all get excited, please, once we have a possible location, take the discussion to the Speculation or Location threads and leave the Twitter zone free for incoming info! :ty3:

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you are welcome to PM me. You can also email me if you prefer, my email is in my profile. Your confidentiality will be respected.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
PLEASE  help a peach out, and keep this thread ONLY for SPOILERS and LIVE SIGHTINGS.

IF YOU are not bringing us a LIVE SIGHTING or a SPOILER, do NOT post here.

ANYTHING else can go in the Spoiler Discussion Thread or the Location Thread or the Contestant thread.

That means NOTHING in this thread until the first live sightings, UNLESS you have spoilers about the race. And if you do, please read the first post closely.

Be prepared.... Time is precious these days! So I will try to move chatter if I can, but since that is a pain, MOST will get deleted. If you have something to say, be sure it goes in the right place?   :tup:

This is going to be fun!!  :hrt:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
saved...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:10:28 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
On your mark! Get ready!  :hyper:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Going to qualify this a bit as I am working on the other side of the world, lol! Fingers crossed...

But (good) incoming info suggests that TAR AUS 3 may get underway TODAY in NEW ZEALAND!!

Wellington mentioned but NOT yet confirmed.

So ...unless we get info to the contrary:
Let's go LIVE!  And start those twitter and FB searches.  :hearts:

Current time in Welly is Friday Feb 28th at 0833 AM.

My guess would be start line>>transport to airport(?), then sightings later, so maybe sightings after 11 their time or so?

Have Fun!!

REMEMBER!! LIVE SIGHTINGS ONLY! NO CHATTER HERE!

Reread post one and two please.

Anything else can go to the Discussion/Location/Contestant Spec threads as appropriate.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I think we are live in Auckland right now! Someone has just tweeted about seeing an Amazing Race team member in Grafton, Auckland.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A couple of tweets from Auckland:

Cody Shuttleworth ‏@davanti 2m
JUST SAW AN AMAZING RACE TEAM MEMBER IN GRAFTON HE LOOKED SO STRESSED OMG SO COOL

Lucas J-C ‏@IAmLucasJC 1m
@davanti Pretty sure it's not the real amazing race, but a University amazing race.

Could be?  Might just be local like the second guy says.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Couple more tweets from Auckland Harbour:

N J ‏@NigeLiJ  · 5m 
So also, what's with the 'The Amazing Race' flags around Britomart?

Cam ‏@ThatDamnRanga  · 4m 
@NigeLiJ one would assume it means exactly what it seems it would mean.

N J ‏@NigeLiJ  · 1m 
@ThatDamnRanga I'm not sure the placement looked non sensical to me, plus I think filming has already finished.

FYI Britomart is major transportation hub (Train station): http://www.aucklandtransport.govt.nz/public-transport/britomarttransportcentre/Pages/default.aspx
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:29:40 PM by RichInSydney »
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A search for Britomart references in Auckland show that it is a shopping district downtown and there's also a Britomart transit centre (bus and train station?). I'm not sure which is likelier to be involved.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Another tweet from someone in Auckland who may have heard something.

Leon Downey ‏@ledow 9m
The Amazing Race is apparently happening in Auckland tonight and I didn't know and now I have major FOMO :(

Or he may be reading us.  :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I am hearing AUCKLAND too.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
More info from the guy who spotted flags around Britomart Transport Centre in Auckland:

N J ‏@NigeLiJ: I saw 2 one in a nook in front of Britomart w/ a woman underneath, 2nd by pier 3
N J ‏@NigeLiJ: yeah so where the first flag (it was the normal logo with text) was beside one of the steps into the offices above the train station (still the same building). The one by pier 3 was on a stick attached to the fence.
N J ‏@NigeLiJ: just checked both spots have nothing up now. Didn't take photos earlier because no signs of prod crews/cameras/clues.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thanks to the tweeter NJ who checked...The flags noted above match this image. So not us... :'(

With no other sightings we need to question if they have actually left yet or if we just missed them....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Oh crap... did we miss the start??

Jenny Nguyen ‏@xxxjenxnxx Mar 9

THE AMAZING RACE CREW IS HERE OMMMMGGGGGGGGGG

Poster is from Sydney...

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like they're off... cluebox and teams at Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia!

Jonathan Glustein ‏@JonGlustein Mar 10
So The Amazing Race was in Angkor Wat today and I was in it #superstar

Jonathan Glustein ‏@JonGlustein Mar 10
One of the teams racing to the pit stop #spoileralert

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:05:56 AM by ovalorange »

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like the same couple doing a challenge in Thailand just yesterday..

http://web.stagram.com/p/675062086879468391_311159661
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:40:55 AM by ovalorange »

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Two extra pics from Siem Reap, if someone could grab those pictures I'd appreciate it!

http://web.stagram.com/p/672414499628866207_15078285

http://web.stagram.com/p/672428210857216546_4866569

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Some Phuket images, possible Leg 3.

Taken from @garnchai from Instagram.

Via @bryandomo25 from Instagram.

Via @sjessh from Instagram.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Good job guys!! Keep them coming!!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A sighting in Namibia?

Scott Schwend ‏@ScottyManziel 4m
Saw the cast of the next amazing race at the Namibia airport! pic.twitter.com/P4M5L3fwDq

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Above image:

Credit above.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks for uploading the picture, Airlines. I was trying to do that, but I had so much stuff open in Firefox that my computer went into grinding halt mode and I couldn't do anything until I restarted my browser. Very frustrating.
 :gaah:

For what it's worth, from the location mentioned on the tweet, it looks like he tweeted it from the Johannesburg airport.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:41:57 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
It's Windhoek Airport

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I found a tweet that may be a sighting of TAR Australia or may be a sighting of a team from TAR 24.

Breanne Lloyd ‏@lloydbre 16h
Just met people competing in the amazing race while waiting for our flight...how cool is that?!
12:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time - 17 Mar 2014

From what I can gather, she's trying to fly from Philadelphia to North Carolina but is having troubles with the snowstorm cancelling flights. I'd be surprised if TAR Australia is in the USA already but I suppose they could have done a quick leg in Europe after leaving Namibia and then heading here. I'm also not sure what foreign destinations would fly into Philadelphia en route to somewhere else. Perhaps one of our air travel gurus would know.

I've asked her for more details. I think it's likely she ran into one of the TAR 24 teams.