Author Topic: TAR Australia 3 SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers  (Read 129948 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 3 SPECULATION and DISCUSSION of Spoilers
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2014, 09:03:22 AM »
Is there a possibility that they stop in New Zealand, before they head over to Australia, since this is an Aus v. NZ season?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »
I was wondering if they would FINISH in NZ..... ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2014, 03:04:42 PM »
Is there a possibility that they stop in New Zealand, before they head over to Australia, since this is an Aus v. NZ season?
My guess is that NZ will be the final stop before Australia. (Like Singapore in season 1)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »
My guess is that NZ will be the final stop before Australia. (Like Singapore in season 1)

And Guilin in TARAus2

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2014, 05:05:31 PM »

And Guilin in TARAus2
I don't think that New Zealand will be in the final leg, I think it will be in the penultimate leg. The Race looks like this so far:
Leg 1: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Leg 2. Thailand
Legs 3 and 4: Namibia
Leg 5: St. Petersburg Russia
Leg 6 or 7: Portugal
Leg 9 or 10: Argentina
Leg 10 or 11, or both: New Zealand
Leg 12: Victoria, Australia
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2014, 07:25:36 PM »
Yeah, I meant penultimate leg, sorry for the confusion.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2014, 07:31:19 PM »
Looking at dates, I only think there is time for 1 leg in Namibia, because looking at dates, they were in Thailand, on the 13th, the Namibia spotting was on the 15th, and they were in Russia on the 17th. I don't think there is enough time to go Thailand --> 2 legs of Namibia --> Russia in 4 days. Any thoughts?

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2014, 12:36:50 AM »

And Guilin in TARAus2
I don't think that New Zealand will be in the final leg, I think it will be in the penultimate leg. The Race looks like this so far:
Leg 2. Thailand
Legs 3 and 4: Namibia
Leg 5: St. Petersburg Russia
Leg 6 or 7: Portugal
Leg 9 or 10: Argentina
Leg 10 or 11, or both: New Zealand
Leg 12: Victoria, Australia

You can spec NZ all you want but there's no actual proof of NZ being visited at all... I still consider what happens between Argentina and Australia as unknown.

Also re Thailand, I don't think we can assume the leg was run on the 13th just because the picture was posted then. Is there enough time to travel from Thailand to Namibia, run a leg and then have teams purchasing tickets in Windhoek airport by the 15th? I was starting to think that the photo was uploaded a day or more later, I can't see how they make it to Windhoek and run a leg there in time otherwise.

I do think that our airport sighting is them purchasing tickets straight to Russia.. I had a look at flights and the Windhoek -> Frankfurt flight via Air Namibia seems a viable option to get them to Europe and onto Russia... but it would help if some flight guru could do a much better analysis.

This is how I think it pans out, based on our sightings:

Mar 9: Start at Uluru; fly via Sydney and HCMC to Siem Reap and complete night market tasks
Mar 10: Angkor Wat sightings + PitStop
Mar 11: Leg rest/travel to Thailand
Mar 12: Run leg in Thailand -- assuming delayed uploaded photo on the 13th
Mar 13: Fly to Namibia
Mar 14: Run leg in Namibia
Mar 15: Windhoek Airport sighting -- purchase tickets and fly to presumably Russia?
Mar 16: Unknown --possibly a Russia I leg?
Mar 17: Run Saint Petersburg leg
Mar 18: Unknown
Mar 19: Unknown
Mar 20: Run Lisbon leg
Mar 21: Unknown
Mar 22: Unknown
Mar 23: Unknown
Mar 24: Unknown
Mar 25: Unknown
Mar 26: Run Buenos Aires leg
Mar 27: Unknown
Mar 28: Unknown
Mar 29: Unknown
Mar 30: Run final leg in Victoria

Things I want to know/note:
1. Why is there only two days between Saint Petersburg and Lisbon -- does this suggest a leg in close proximity to Lisbon (Spain anyone?)
2. Where do we think they went between Lisbon and Argentina? Is a NA stop possible? I was thinking Brazil was the most logical place, but where else could they have gone?
3. We lose a day for the int'l date line towards the end of the race, so if there's a leg between Buenos Aires and Victoria it can't have a day dedicated to travel -- the entire leg would need to be run the day before the finale or the day after the BA leg.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2014, 08:41:32 AM »
Okay, the sighting in Namibia occurred around 3 PM in Namibia on March 15.

As oval said, there is SW285 WDH-FRA 2130-0655(+1)

Also, before the Frankfurt flight, there are many flights throughout the day to Johannesburg.

And from Johannesburg, there are many night flights to places in Europe/Asia, such as Dubai, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Paris, Zurich, Abu Dubai, Munich, Cairo, Doha, Tel Aviv, and Amsterdam, all arriving in the morning.

Also looking at St. Petersburg, there are arrivals in the early morning on the 17th  from Berlin, Vienna , and Istanbul, and that is it. There are multiple flights coming from Moscow to St. Petersburg, where teams could easily fly into Moscow in the morning and then take a 2 hour flight over to Saint Petersburg.

Arriving from Moscow DME in the morning of the 17th we have Tel Aviv, Minsk, Vienna, Munich, Berlin, London, Lisbon, Barcelona, and Madrid

Arriving from Moscow SVO in the morning of the 17th we have Barcelona, Paris, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Rome, Frankfurt, Munich, Budapest, Venice, Prague, Nice, Belgrade, Milan, Brussels, Vienna, London, Odessa, Cairo, and Tel Aviv.

So bottom line, we have lots of places that teams can get to on the 16th and then make it to Saint Petersburg flying out the night of the 16th and arriving the 17th. The issue is that it leaves us with no time stop somewhere, do some tasks, and have a pit stop rest. It is very very unlikely to sandwich something in there, unless there would be some sort of no rest leg/KOR/TBC somewhere.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2014, 03:03:48 AM »
Any update on when the Race will begin?
It's Clobbering Time!

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2014, 05:09:31 AM »
Any update on when the Race will begin?
The network usually gives us the air-date about 2-3 weeks before it starts. Currently House Rules is on 7:30 Mon-Wed and 6:30 Sun. I think we have to wait for HR to go down to 3 nights a week and we can assume that the time-slot it gives up is for TARAu or we are getting an 8:30 time-slot like season 1(which isn't really 8:30 because the networks can't keep on time) but if either don't happen then we will have to wait until mid to late June (when HR should finish) 

Offline tar fan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2014, 06:26:20 AM »
Wouldn't it start when the next ratings period begins? They usually show commercials for it for months beforehand, which I think should begin soonish.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2014, 08:10:21 AM »
Wouldn't it start when the next ratings period begins? They usually show commercials for it for months beforehand, which I think should begin soonish.
Your right. They do show ads about a month before with a "coming soon" title. There is nothing on now but I expect the ads to start popping up 2/3 weeks from now.

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2014, 12:08:46 AM »
Looking for stuff on when it airs and came across this profile which seems to indicate that they were in Christchurch between Buenos Aires and Port Campbell. Her profile also lists when TAR 22 went there so its unlikely that she's confused them. http://www.starnow.com.au/lisacushing

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2014, 01:24:12 AM »
Could possibly be the midleg destination on the final leg ala Singapore from Season 1.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2014, 02:55:05 AM »
New Zealand VS Aussie <3

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2014, 03:16:28 AM »
Could possibly be the midleg destination on the final leg ala Singapore from Season 1.

Christchurch would be the Penultimate leg before the final. Buenos Aires could be the 10th leg, according to live tweets thread the BA sighting was on March 26th (BA time).

START: Uluru/Ayers Rock, Australia
Legs 2-3: Krabi, Thailand
Leg 4: Namibia
Leg 5: Saint Petersburg, Russia
Leg ??: Lisbon, Portugal
Leg 10: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Leg 11: Christchurch, New Zealand (possibly)
Leg 12: Port Campbell, Australia
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:28:10 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2014, 04:24:00 AM »

Christchurch would be the Penultimate leg before the final. Buenos Aires could be the 10th leg, according to live tweets thread the BA sighting was on March 26th (BA time).

START: Uluru/Ayers Rock, Australia
Legs 2-3: Krabi, Thailand
Leg 4: Namibia
Leg 5: Saint Petersburg, Russia
Leg ??: Lisbon, Portugal
Leg 10: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Leg 11: Christchurch, New Zealand (possibly)
Leg 12: Port Campbell, Australia

It wouldn't surprise me if it is the penultimate leg but for a penultimate leg I think they would want to have it over in South America. They could potentially fly to Christchurch for the first half of the final leg, do some tasks there like a detour  then over to Victoria.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Youp

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2014, 04:02:19 AM »
 blahblah Any Speculation as to when the first episode will be broadcast?   blahblah
                        ???

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2014, 12:23:48 AM »
Well I have this season all waiting to get rid of the bad taste of TAR24 xD
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2014, 05:10:57 AM »
Looks like there is only 10 teams this season so looks like we'll have 4 non-elimination legs if they do 12 legs or they could 11 legs.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2014, 05:32:40 AM »
Hmmm, after looking at the promo I'm starting to think the Christchurch leg was run just after teams left Uluru. The airport cap + sheep herding look to be NZ... surely they wouldn't show that stuff if it was just before the final leg

So, are we looking at going to New Zealand in between Australia and Cambodia? Could easily happen considering we missed the start -- the Sydney Airport sighting would be AFTER the NZ portion right?

Also, there's a missing M/M spotted racing in Victoria here. Looks like it could be the long haired Aussie guys with shaved heads? ???

Offline Wmacmich

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2014, 06:03:24 AM »
Here is the logo!!

Offline Wmacmich

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2014, 06:04:07 AM »
Here is Grant sending the teams off!!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2014, 07:33:04 AM »
Just a small question.
Is the narrator in the beginning of that promo Tom Williams (The Mole Australia season 5)?