Archive > The Amazing Race 24 Spoilers

TAR 24 Ratings

<< < (3/14) > >>

Jimmer:

--- Quote from: Plaidmoon on February 25, 2014, 06:58:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jobby on February 25, 2014, 05:32:26 AM ---5 million for an Allstars season? :'(

--- End quote ---

I don't think TAR has ever faced a stronger lineup of shows on the other networks as they did this week. I was expecting the ratings to be something like this. Next week against the Oscars won't be very good either. It'll be interesting to see if people were recording TAR for later viewing or watching it online. Also, it'll be interesting to see how much the ratings improve from episode 3 onward.

--- End quote ---

We also have March Madness (The NCAA Basketball tournament) coming up going to cause delays and draw away fans. The ratings will not look good this season which is sad because it is All-Stars.

DrRox:

--- Quote from: Jimmer on February 25, 2014, 09:25:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: theamazingracer21 on February 25, 2014, 07:14:52 AM ---They should have started it in a few weeks time.

Do you think that they will put on a re-run on Friday or Saturday as catch up for those that missed out and to gain as much viewers as possible?

--- End quote ---

Doubtful, CBS has never aired reruns of TAR ever, it won't happen.

--- End quote ---

There is an old parable........."Never say never." CBS has done this exact same scenario in my area in multiple races/years.

theschnauzers:
Several comments:
Individual TAR episodes have been repeated on a literal handful of occasions over the years; the premeire episode of the series was repeated after 9/11 after all network programming (save the second season of Big Brother) were delayed by a week due to those attacks. There was a power blackout in the Northeast one time (TAR 6, I think) that prompted a repeat the following Saturday) and individual stations might have delayed airing an episode due to local programming (such as pro or college sports games the CBS station had rights to air live in that market.)

Downton Abbey was airing on PBS, not CBS, and it was the season finale; but that plus the Daytona 500 that was rain delayed for hours, the Walking Dead, and the Olympic Closing Ceremonies was an overload, not to mention that TAR itself was delayed on the east coast by 13 minutes. Compared to all that, the Oscars may be easier competition. :)

As of last year March Madness is no longer an issue with TAR's scheduling (or Survivor) as both shows are now outside the broadcast schedules for that first week. The play-in games are not aired on CBS on Wednesday night; and the last of the round of 32 teams games are generally played on CBS in the afternoon. The other thing to keep in mind with the NCAA tournament is that CBS is sharing the broadcast rights with its own cable sports channel, and with Time-Warner's TBS channel, and TNT channel. Turner and CBS are sharing the later weekends of the tournament, and IIRC, there will be years where the final four may be on cable and not on CBS.

Leafsfan.:
Is the show in trouble?

Probably not. Last time they did all stars they skipped thr next spring season.

Jimmer:
I know the NCAA tournament isn't an issue with scheduling, but it could cause a dip in the ratings as well because of fighting for viewers because IIRC, there are some games that air Sunday night on the sister networks while TAR would air. Also, I remember the tournament causing delays as well, it's just something to look forward to in the upcoming weeks with ratings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version