Author Topic: TAR 24 EP 1 "Back in the Saddle"  (Read 4966 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 24 EP 1 "Back in the Saddle"
« on: February 23, 2014, 06:26:24 AM »
Thanks couchracer and kiki!

“Back in the Saddle” – Eleven of the most memorable teams return for another Race around the world, but in a dramatic series first, one team will not make it to the starting line, on the season premiere of the All-Star edition of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

Start line thanks to Chateau!
College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, California -- Cougar Stadium

Starting Line Task:
Search the UCLA Marching Band for members wearing the Chinese symbol for Guangzhou, their first destination...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24 EP 1 "Back in the Saddle"
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:28:25 AM »
Will bring over the vids later, meanwhile check our prerace video thread!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 06:28:42 AM »
Saved for summaries if any!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 06:28:57 AM »
Saved for MAPS
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 06:29:10 AM »
Saved for...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 06:29:44 AM »
Please no posting until after Oval, then feel free!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:05:09 AM by ovalorange »

Offline ahecht

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 12:28:19 PM »
What idiot decided to air the premiere at the same time as the Closing Ceremonies? I predict LOW ratings.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 01:03:01 PM »
Hi ahecht and welcome to RFF!

What idiot decided to air the premiere at the same time as the Closing Ceremonies? I predict LOW ratings.

You must be talking about a taped version of the Closing Ceremonies in Sochi. If it is NBC's, then I think its their absolute right to compete vs TAR. In my part of the world, Latin America, the ceremonies were live and they are over, already. Part of the geoblocking craze.

In respect for those who have not seen the ceremonies, and if it helps at all to get TAR extra ratings, I'm ONLY going to say that if I had have a time machine to be able to peek and choose between TAR and concurring Olympics, I would have certainly taped the ceremonies and have watched TAR. I say this considering myself a much bigger and longer time Olympic ceremonies fan than a TAR fan, and I'm a big TAR fan.

People: Keep Calm, Tape the Olympics and Watch The Amazing Race.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 01:50:02 PM »
I will be recording both.

TAR starts at 8pm ET, and the actual closing ceremonies coverage on NBC starts at 8:30 ET. (NBC is airing a special segment on the 20th anniversary of the infamous Nancy Kerrigan/Tanya Harding fiasco that dominated the 1994 Lillihammer Winter Games like nothing else we've ever seen in the US, it is the first time Nancy has argeed to any sort of media interview over the incident, so it will be interesting as well, at least to Americans.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline rddm2899

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 05:54:45 PM »
Not sure this is in the right spot but.....

Is anyone else as excited as me about AR starting tonight?!!! I'm bouncing off the walls :bunny :dancer: Feeling like this a birthday gift from cbs since today is my birthday also! :conf: Happy birthday to me :funny:  Can't wait til 8!! :hoot:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »
Not sure this is in the right spot but.....

Is anyone else as excited as me about AR starting tonight?!!! I'm bouncing off the walls :bunny :dancer: Feeling like this a birthday gift from cbs since today is my birthday also! :conf: Happy birthday to me :funny:  Can't wait til 8!! :hoot:
Happy Birthday! I hope you liked the episode as much as I did! (Although I disliked the outcome)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »
Ok. Am I crazy or that clue was totally a red clue as in roadbloack? What happened?

No. The similarity in the color of the envelope - which was the same of the bag - did all the confusion.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez