Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 24145 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 24 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2014, 04:03:46 AM »
I wonder how the teams from the second flight caught up so soon?

The second flight landed 1 hour and 20 minutes after the first teams. But Margie & Luke still manages to reach the top of the tower before the cowboys have left. I would guess that at this time they are about 30-40 minutes behind. So they managed to gain about 40-50 minutes on the first team, which wasn't shown doing any mistakes.

Or can this be explained by just faster immigration and better luck with metros?

It most likely had to do with metros and the dress shops. The Canton Tower task was also pretty long, I've been there, and it takes about 20 minutes to go around ONCE.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2014, 07:18:05 AM »
My guess is the dress shops. Was it Neobie who said this was diabolical because the streets were not on maps, and VERY difficult to find??

That combined with some Ferns giving out deliberate misinformation would explain a lot. (Which makes me SICK. If you can't help, at least don't hinder!!)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2014, 11:16:08 AM »
My guess is the dress shops. Was it Neobie who said this was diabolical because the streets were not on maps, and VERY difficult to find??

That combined with some Ferns giving out deliberate misinformation would explain a lot. (Which makes me SICK. If you can't help, at least don't hinder!!)

They were only an hour ahead, and considering all the teams from the second flight took METRO (the faster option), whereas only Jet and Cord took the metro from the first flight, that has got to be the first step to downfall for the twins.

Followed by the bridal shops which were NOT listed on the maps (some of them, till today) -> especially those hidden in the back alley (the one which Twinnies and Leo and Jamal missed!)

Considering Jet and Cord went into ONE wrong cubicle (20 mins) before getting into the right one and were nearly done (maybe 15 mins) before many of the other teams arrived and started on the task... the Cowboys should be about 35 - 45 mins before the other teams? Don't forget that the other teams were probably faster (shedding about 15 mins) because those ferns who helped the cowboys already knows where the shops are and bring the teams directly there.

So yea.. I guess the main reasons why the teams from the second flight could catch up and complete the bridal shop task so quickly was because of so many factors listed above. Plus those annoying fans who misled the twinnies and leo and jamal (?) to different wrong locations.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:22:59 AM by Jobby »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2014, 12:55:23 PM »

They were only an hour ahead, and considering all the teams from the second flight took METRO (the faster option), whereas only Jet and Cord took the metro from the first flight, that has got to be the first step to downfall for the twins.

Followed by the bridal shops which were NOT listed on the maps (some of them, till today) -> especially those hidden in the back alley (the one which Twinnies and Leo and Jamal missed!)

Considering Jet and Cord went into ONE wrong cubicle (20 mins) before getting into the right one and were nearly done (maybe 15 mins) before many of the other teams arrived and started on the task... the Cowboys should be about 35 - 45 mins before the other teams? Don't forget that the other teams were probably faster (shedding about 15 mins) because those ferns who helped the cowboys already knows where the shops are and bring the teams directly there.

So yea.. I guess the main reasons why the teams from the second flight could catch up and complete the bridal shop task so quickly was because of so many factors listed above. Plus those annoying fans who misled the twinnies and leo and jamal (?) to different wrong locations.

Which is a shame, really. It was really a "fans help the teams" task, which isn't fair, because it was the teams themselves who are brought back, not the fans. (ex: wanting Joey and Meghan back, but not their fans). I'm not sure if the producers foresaw this or not, but it was the destruction of the Twinnies.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »
A not-so-depressing point I wanna mention, is that this episode's title should be "Super Amazing Race Starstruck" by Rachel. Ten thousand times better than the cowboys quote. :res: :funny:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2014, 01:51:30 PM »
Connor and Cord embracing their flaming leotards was one of the biggest highlights for me
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline WolfgalX

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2014, 01:45:41 AM »
Ok, so if the only thing that Mark and Mallory had in common was both being from Kentucky, can you imagine if one of the Goths had filled in instead?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2014, 03:26:34 AM »
Ok, so if the only thing that Mark and Mallory had in common was both being from Kentucky, can you imagine if one of the Goths had filled in instead?

They would have been a good team too, but they would quickly overshadow Mark.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2014, 06:40:58 AM »

They wanted to bring back either of Kisha & Jen to race with Mark, but were turned down  :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2014, 08:49:57 AM »

They wanted to bring back either of Kisha & Jen to race with Mark, but were turned down  :funny:

That is interesting! Any source? :)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2014, 08:59:05 AM »

I don't even remember reading such a rumor  :funny:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2014, 09:03:26 AM »
Twinnies  :'( :'(  So sad. After watch the episode, i must agree that Twinnies eliminated because their own fault. They were too much arguing each other and not pay attention, especially at the Canton tower.
I don't really like the premiere episode. too short and too rush. They don't even show why the teams eliminated in their previous season.
The best part was when MALLORY showed up from the tribune  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2014, 07:07:52 AM »

I don't even remember reading such a rumor  :funny:

It's a joke.  :funny:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2014, 07:29:18 AM »
Hmm... seems Flight Time & Big Easy has least amount of airtime in leg 1.  :o  :ascared  :funny: I even remember that too few scenes about Trotters. Caroline & Jennifer had a lot most airtime than these Trotters. Go country!!!  :conf:  :hrt:  :hearts:
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2014, 07:30:14 AM »
Oh yeah anyone remember the Cowboys' first season when they exchanged the wrong currency? Sure improved since then!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:12:38 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2014, 07:36:00 AM »
Oh yeah anyone remember the Cowboys' first season when they exchanged the wrong currency? Sure improved since then huh?

Huh. I watched my first season is 17. Then rewatch 16 from website. It sucks. Only Carol & Brandy, all teams below F6 execpt Joe & Heidi and Jet & Cord seem not annoying. But 16 is too annoying. Sorry if this post hurts one of your feelings.  :funny:  :groan:  :whoop:
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2014, 09:39:59 AM »
I think this is the season where I'll watch the first 4 episodes and last 4 episodes... and don't care about what happens in the middle. :funny:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »
I think this is the season where I'll watch the first 4 episodes and last 4 episodes... and don't care about what happens in the middle. :funny:

Really? I am excited for the middle of the season the most! (Mainly because I don't know where they're going in Legs 8 and 9 and I am excited for Rome)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2014, 10:34:32 PM »
All the teams I don't care about will be eliminated in the middle. :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Really? I am excited for the middle of the season the most! (Mainly because I don't know where they're going in Legs 8 and 9 and I am excited for Rome)

I'm excited for it too. I cannot wait to watch Brendon & Rachel in Italy.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Oh yeah anyone remember the Cowboys' first season when they exchanged the wrong currency? Sure improved since then huh?

I remember! :umn: They fell to last place because of that. Then they got 3rd place at the end of the leg. That is why I liked the cowboys.