Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 24280 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
My cast assessment:

Jet and Cord:
A strong team as they always are.. but there are just these few many teams who raced around the world alone and win the million dollars. Not gonna be you.

Brendon and Rachel:
<3 from me for them this time round. Rachel is epicly excited and it makes me happy to watch them.

Dave and Connor:
I'm pretty sure, producers or editors are watching RFF. THEY DIDN'T MENTION A SINGLE WORD ON CANCER!!! THAT MADE THEM HIGHLY LIKEABLE AND BEARABLE FOR ME SUDDENLY. <3

Margie and Luke:
MARGIE IS <3. LUKE'S SUPPORT FOR HER IS <3. THIS TEAM IS <3.

Leo and Jamal:
SO MUCH MORE FUN THIS TIME ROUND. I guess I shouldn't have been swayed by listening to Travis and Nicole when they said they were liars, considering it came from unreliable source.

Mark and Mallory:
Can I have Mallory and Bopper? :(

Flight Time and Big Easy:
No idea why they are always selected to race, whatever.

John and Jessica:
Very likeable this time round and at least John seems to be more humble. If they continue to be this humorous, maybe their inclusion in the cast is still pretty much acceptable for me. BUT, they are still not very memorable.

Caroline and Jennifer:
BOTTOMGODDESS <3

Joey and Meghan:
Bye.

Nadiya and Natalie:
Suddenly, their elimination made me realized why I wanted them eliminated so much last time round. I guess I still preferred watching nice and boring teams race around the world. -_-

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Tbh, I haven't watch the episode when I said that. Now that I have... I don't really like the combination of Mark and Mallory. At least Mark. Mark doesn't see that Mallory is doing him a favour, albeit she gets the money perhaps for racing... but honestly, without Mallory he's not even close to racing anywhere.

I'm just wondering, if they indeed had to pull out Mark and Bopper, which would have been the replacement team? :oh :oh :oh

Out of curiosity did you follow the spoiler thread?

I love Mark, and loved Mallory both times, but I honestly don't think they're going to be good together at all? As I said there in my last post, they just seem like they've been forced together (which they have) but there doesn't seem to be any connection at all - Even the hand shake at the Start Line? I mean, they could have at least hugged!  :funny:

Although I've a feeling I'll be condemned for saying this I would love to see Mark & Bopper and Gary & Mallory return for the next All-Stars (I know 2 more Three-Peats, but Mark & Bopper deserve another shot for sure) - I think it would a cool twist to see how Mark & Mallory behave towards each other as opponents after having raced together this season? :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Mallory will be a four-peat so nono.

No, I don't follow the spoilers. stop lying. :funny:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
Mallory will be a four-peat so nono.

No, I don't follow the spoilers. stop lying. :funny:

:funny: - I never even thought of Mallory being a 4-Peat!!!! Holy God! That would be insane! I still kinda want to see her again though!!! :lol:

Haha, I'm happy but also annoyed with spoiling myself with this season - Happy coz it's half prepared me for the disastrous chaos of next weeks episode!  :groan:

Another thing I noticed, is Margie & Luke even on this season?? I recall seeing their introduction and then nothing until they landed and Margie was talking about Luke holding her hand and helping her run? That's got to be a good 15 mins of no mention at all!!  ???

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Margie and Luke still had a substantial amount of airtime. Caroline and Jennifer were non-existent.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
Margie and Luke still had a substantial amount of airtime. Caroline and Jennifer were non-existent.

Did you think so??  ???
I never really thought CaroJen had little airtime?
I guess this is only the first episode and with so many teams we won't see everyone ALL the time. I just hope it doesn't go the same way as the Beekmans, where we seen nothing from them till round Leg 5 or 6!  :groan:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
For me, this leg is all about Twinnies and Bopper. I even don't remember much about the other teams :))

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
 :funny:   TAR deserves the ratings they got for last night's show.  The majority of the teams seem uninterested  this time around and seems to be going through the motions. Didn't they learn from the All star disaster last time when they had the 2 guys from Boston return only for them to make a fool of themselves?  :funny:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
For me, this leg is all about Twinnies and Bopper. I even don't remember much about the other teams :))

I totally agree, it was all twins, but I got the feeling that Bopper was forgotten about once they hit China?
I would have liked to see more of Mark & Mallory, maybe even Mallory giving her thoughts on what happened to Bopper?
Mallory seemed very excited for returning to the Race but we didn't see the balance between her excitement, and her disappointment for Bopper? I'm in NO WAY saying she wasn't concerned, just that CBS could have done a better job of making the viewer aware of it.

Never the less, Mallory = Race Goddess!  :hearts:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cast Assessment: (From Faves to Hatest)

Faves:

Natalie & Nadiya: I loved them on TAR21, and since I knew of their boot from the spoilers, I just knew that this was gonna be a heartbreaking episode. And the start of this leg would have been a perfect season if NaNa only stayed in. They were hilarious through the leg, their fight with the Afghanimals were great too, them fighting with each other and being all "Nadiya, you fool!" were still as hilarious as TAR21, but sadly they were screwed over by a luck-based leg. From the leg design, it's just as horrible as TAR22's Switzerland. R.I.P. Twinnies. You will be missed :(

Brendon & Rachel: I have to admit I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rachel Reilly. From a quote on another site, "She is Reality TV Gold." I had high hopes from them from the start of the season and they DID NOT disappoint. They were obviously very excited to be back, they were obviously good friends with the Twinnies and Mallory/Mark, and them hugging Bopper is one of the most genuinely wonderful TAR moments I have ever seen. Not to match too their incredibly hyper/happy attitude, with Rachel Train Cheering, Rachel Cheering at the Roadblock, and Rachel just being Rachel except with an incredibly positive edit <3 With Na/Na gone, they are my official favorites of the season.

Jessica & John: They are still the weirdest casting decision ever made (The Express Pass Incident is just as memorable as the Shoe-Shining Incident by Rowan and Shane in TAR23 imo), but I was shocked at how much I liked them this episode. They were incredibly great this episode. They kept on laughing at themselves being idiots at being eliminated with an Express Pass, and Jessica now has more of a voice than John, which is GREAT, and assuming they keep this up, I'm gonna end up incredibly rooting for them.

Mallory & Mark: I love Mallory. She is one of my favorite TAR Team Members of all time. Her always positive and happy attitude is great to watch. You could legit throw her into the most disgusting task ever on TAR History and she would power through it with still her positive and happy attitude. Now Mark on the other hand, has always been the weaker of Bopper & Mark. Bopper was the over the top happy Mallory equivalent to an M/M, and Mark is pretty much like Gary. While Mallory was still very fun to watch, Mark was a bit mean to Mallory. And Mallory doesn't deserve mean-ness in her life. I still love them because of Mallory, but Mark puts them down quite a lot. A Mallory & Bopper would have been a LOT better.

Caroline & Jennifer: They are still the same as they were: a really really good F/F. They were pretty invisible this leg, but I still love them and they seem to be continuing their TAR 22 Bottomgoddessing behavior from the first legs  :funny: And they will be FIERCE next week for the Express Pass so I totally love that <3

Like:

Margie & Luke: From someone who loved them in TAR14 and hated them totally on TAR18, I am shocked that I like them this time around. They seem to be focusing more on Margie than Luke, and I LOVE that. They're also the threepeater that seems happy to be back, unlike the others. I loved them on episode one, and assuming they are their general TAR14 selves (minus finale), I'm gonna end up enjoying this team again.

Joey & Meghan: Having been a Meghan Camarena fan pre-TAR22, I was always gonna end up rooting for them. Again, the worst thing about them is their fans. They are still their general selves this episode, although they seem to be toned down quite a bit, with them getting as much screen time as their TAR22 first leg. I still like them, but I can't like a team if I don't see them a lot. They also seem like they were just going through the motions through the leg, but their Pit Stop happiness at not being last kinda remedied that. I still semi-like them though, because Meghan is one of my favorite YouTubers ever, and I hope she gets more of a prescence than Joey this time because Joey is also the second reason why many people hate them. (And why they can be polarizing.)

Leo & Jamal: Pre TAR23, I was hyping them up as an M/M Charla & Mirna. While I hated them on TAR23 up until Indonesia, where I ended up liking them, now they seem to be their general TAR23 Indonesia onwards personality and I am surprised to say I enjoyed them. While Leo is still kinda irritating, they are a great team now and they were much more fun to watch. Assuming they keep on improving, we might get the closest thing ever to an M/M Charla & Mirna EVER.

Semi-Dislike:

Dave & Connor: A LOT invisible this time around, which is nothing I could really judge them on. The presence of no "Cancer Talk" though was refreshing. Assuming they get more screen time in them being themselves and no more Cancer talk, I might end up liking them in the long run.

TOTALLY OMG WTH THEY NEED TO GO OMG EWWWWWWWW:

Flight Time & Big Easy: Not only are they a three-peater that's not memorable at all, they were incredibly invisible this episode. AND, for the time that they WERE shown, they seemed like they didn't even bother to Race. And ZOMG Big Easy got fat.

*down 10,000 places under the sea*

Jet & Cord: On last night's episode, they reminded me just how much I hate them. How "fans" call them "gentlemen" is an outrage and hate Natalie & Nadiya and Brenchel is disgusting. What WASN'T shown on the episode was a fan of their paroling them around and helping them everywhere. During the Canton Tower task, they were laughing at the teams who could not find the clue inside the bubbles, and that's where I simply got really mad. You don't act all "high and mighty" that you're "doing the Race on your own" where in fact, you received HELP. FROM SOMEONE. And you have the nerve to laugh at the teams who can't find the Race envelope, such as poor Margie & Luke and the others who struggled a bit before turning around. Seriously, the worst team ever out of the Three-peaters, and because of their three-peat, now the worst team EVER. Even worse than Art & JJ. The fact that they won Two Express Passes on a horrible luck-based leg is just the cherry on top of the horrible Jet & Cord tower that CBS places them on. "Most Beloved Team Ever". Puh-lease. :res:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Cast Assessment: (From Faves to Hatest)

Faves:

Natalie & Nadiya: I loved them on TAR21, and since I knew of their boot from the spoilers, I just knew that this was gonna be a heartbreaking episode. And the start of this leg would have been a perfect season if NaNa only stayed in. They were hilarious through the leg, their fight with the Afghanimals were great too, them fighting with each other and being all "Nadiya, you fool!" were still as hilarious as TAR21, but sadly they were screwed over by a luck-based leg. From the leg design, it's just as horrible as TAR22's Switzerland. R.I.P. Twinnies. You will be missed :(

Brendon & Rachel: I have to admit I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rachel Reilly. From a quote on another site, "She is Reality TV Gold." I had high hopes from them from the start of the season and they DID NOT disappoint. They were obviously very excited to be back, they were obviously good friends with the Twinnies and Mallory/Mark, and them hugging Bopper is one of the most genuinely wonderful TAR moments I have ever seen. Not to match too their incredibly hyper/happy attitude, with Rachel Train Cheering, Rachel Cheering at the Roadblock, and Rachel just being Rachel except with an incredibly positive edit <3 With Na/Na gone, they are my official favorites of the season.

Jessica & John: They are still the weirdest casting decision ever made (The Express Pass Incident is just as memorable as the Shoe-Shining Incident by Rowan and Shane in TAR23 imo), but I was shocked at how much I liked them this episode. They were incredibly great this episode. They kept on laughing at themselves being idiots at being eliminated with an Express Pass, and Jessica now has more of a voice than John, which is GREAT, and assuming they keep this up, I'm gonna end up incredibly rooting for them.

Mallory & Mark: I love Mallory. She is one of my favorite TAR Team Members of all time. Her always positive and happy attitude is great to watch. You could legit throw her into the most disgusting task ever on TAR History and she would power through it with still her positive and happy attitude. Now Mark on the other hand, has always been the weaker of Bopper & Mark. Bopper was the over the top happy Mallory equivalent to an M/M, and Mark is pretty much like Gary. While Mallory was still very fun to watch, Mark was a bit mean to Mallory. And Mallory doesn't deserve mean-ness in her life. I still love them because of Mallory, but Mark puts them down quite a lot. A Mallory & Bopper would have been a LOT better.

Caroline & Jennifer: They are still the same as they were: a really really good F/F. They were pretty invisible this leg, but I still love them and they seem to be continuing their TAR 22 Bottomgoddessing behavior from the first legs  :funny: And they will be FIERCE next week for the Express Pass so I totally love that <3

Like:

Margie & Luke: From someone who loved them in TAR14 and hated them totally on TAR18, I am shocked that I like them this time around. They seem to be focusing more on Margie than Luke, and I LOVE that. They're also the threepeater that seems happy to be back, unlike the others. I loved them on episode one, and assuming they are their general TAR14 selves (minus finale), I'm gonna end up enjoying this team again.

Joey & Meghan: Having been a Meghan Camarena fan pre-TAR22, I was always gonna end up rooting for them. Again, the worst thing about them is their fans. They are still their general selves this episode, although they seem to be toned down quite a bit, with them getting as much screen time as their TAR22 first leg. I still like them, but I can't like a team if I don't see them a lot. They also seem like they were just going through the motions through the leg, but their Pit Stop happiness at not being last kinda remedied that. I still semi-like them though, because Meghan is one of my favorite YouTubers ever, and I hope she gets more of a prescence than Joey this time because Joey is also the second reason why many people hate them. (And why they can be polarizing.)

Leo & Jamal: Pre TAR23, I was hyping them up as an M/M Charla & Mirna. While I hated them on TAR23 up until Indonesia, where I ended up liking them, now they seem to be their general TAR23 Indonesia onwards personality and I am surprised to say I enjoyed them. While Leo is still kinda irritating, they are a great team now and they were much more fun to watch. Assuming they keep on improving, we might get the closest thing ever to an M/M Charla & Mirna EVER.

Semi-Dislike:

Dave & Connor: A LOT invisible this time around, which is nothing I could really judge them on. The presence of no "Cancer Talk" though was refreshing. Assuming they get more screen time in them being themselves and no more Cancer talk, I might end up liking them in the long run.

TOTALLY OMG WTH THEY NEED TO GO OMG EWWWWWWWW:

Flight Time & Big Easy: Not only are they a three-peater that's not memorable at all, they were incredibly invisible this episode. AND, for the time that they WERE shown, they seemed like they didn't even bother to Race. And ZOMG Big Easy got fat.

*down 10,000 places under the sea*

Jet & Cord: On last night's episode, they reminded me just how much I hate them. How "fans" call them "gentlemen" is an outrage and hate Natalie & Nadiya and Brenchel is disgusting. What WASN'T shown on the episode was a fan of their paroling them around and helping them everywhere. During the Canton Tower task, they were laughing at the teams who could not find the clue inside the bubbles, and that's where I simply got really mad. You don't act all "high and mighty" that you're "doing the Race on your own" where in fact, you received HELP. FROM SOMEONE. And you have the nerve to laugh at the teams who can't find the Race envelope, such as poor Margie & Luke and the others who struggled a bit before turning around. Seriously, the worst team ever out of the Three-peaters, and because of their three-peat, now the worst team EVER. Even worse than Art & JJ. The fact that they won Two Express Passes on a horrible luck-based leg is just the cherry on top of the horrible Jet & Cord tower that CBS places them on. "Most Beloved Team Ever". Puh-lease. :res:

I agree with you fully on a lot of the teams except one being Joey and Meghan but I digress :P I actually liked Brenchel on this leg, It was nice to see them work well and do well. I hope it continues for the season but I have my doubts :lol: I may actually come around to them. Leo and Jamal are also a team I'm liking a lot more this time around. They did really well on their final leg last season and on the first leg in Indonesia. Hoping that Dave and Connor's edit doesn't focus on Cancer or the injury and just focuses on them racing.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I disagree with Twinnies being screwed over by a luck based task. Margie and Luke got into the wrong one, and then they were very alert and looked at which one did Jet and Cord come out from and went into that. Many of the other teams also used that strategy...

And they only got into the wrong cubicle once, alike the other teams.. Plus with their hour flight lead? They can only blame themselves for being dysfunctional and they even agreed so at the end of the episode. :(

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I disagree with Twinnies being screwed over by a luck based task. Margie and Luke got into the wrong one, and then they were very alert and looked at which one did Jet and Cord come out from and went into that. Many of the other teams also used that strategy...

And they only got into the wrong cubicle once, alike the other teams.. Plus with their hour flight lead? They can only blame themselves for being dysfunctional and they even agreed so at the end of the episode. :(

Yes, but the majority of the leg was luck. The Roadblock was basically something no team failed at and were pretty much like the empanadas in TAR 20. And I have been to Canton Tower once, riding the bubbles ONCE takes about 30 minutes to go around, so basically the whole task was like Yielding yourself based on luck -_______- Still a beautiful experience though. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:49:13 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I think the bridal gown shops task was more of a whether "China fans in TAR likes you or not" matter of fact. It seems nobody wanted to help the Twinnies. Look at the help that Brenchel, Margie and Luke and Leo and Jamal had? :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think the bridal gown shops task was more of a whether "China fans in TAR likes you or not" matter of fact. It seems nobody wanted to help the Twinnies. Look at the help that Brenchel, Margie and Luke and Leo and Jamal had? :funny:

Don't forget the cowboys. :res:

(The rolling eyes is not at you Joab :P)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I know I know. :) And finally a guilty conscience fan decided to help them when it's down to them and the country singers. I think it's just me.. but if the singers are not there, I don't even think the China fans will help Nadiya and Natalie? That guy literally knew where the three shops were but only offered help like hours later? :tantrum )-**

PS: Look at all the "GOOD JOB TWINNIES ARE ELIMINATED" and "COWBOYS ARE FIRST YAYYYY" posts on the TAR Facebook page. Me wanna barf. :crazy:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I know I know. :) And finally a guilty conscience fan decided to help them when it's down to them and the country singers. I think it's just me.. but if the singers are not there, I don't even think the China fans will help Nadiya and Natalie? That guy literally knew where the three shops were but only offered help like hours later? :tantrum )-**

PS: Look at all the "GOOD JOB TWINNIES ARE ELIMINATED" and "COWBOYS ARE FIRST YAYYYY" posts on the TAR Facebook page. Me wanna barf. :crazy:
Don't forget the Brenchel hate and how Rachel is a "crybaby" wherein they received a very very positive edit on the episode and they even showed an act of kindness because they were legitimately concerned and sad about Bopper and even hugged him. :res:

Legitimately disgusted at the posts. Also the "always returnees" posts are borderline crazy. We haven't even had a returnee season in 3 years smh

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Rachel got practically no edit at all. Actually nobody except for the Twinnies and the Cowboys got any edit at all :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
^^ THIS.

Rachel is <3 this season for me. For now, lol.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rachel got practically no edit at all. Actually nobody except for the Twinnies and the Cowboys got any edit at all :lol:

She had some highlights though like the train cheering and the OTT RB cheering  :funny:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Do you guys remember when we were confused at first which metro station they were going to go? I think I remember reading a Chinese fan accidentally bringing them from the correct station two stops down to a completely different stretch of the same road...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The teams weren't prohibited from getting help, and we don't know when they had the information (i.e., the names or the street addresses of the wedding dress shops that they had to find.
That doesn't distract from the fact that the Cowboys has learned that they should take the metro and not take taxis, and that they also had directions to the location of the Canton Tower when they left the airport. That sounds more like they may have gotten their information on the flight from LAX and the other teams on that first flight were told, or decided, to use taxis because they feared getting lost on the way. It also seemed to me that the Cowboys also got accurate directions to the shops unlike other teams. They had a reputation of not always doing well with directions, or getting them in their past appearances, so this may indicate that they're working on that this time around.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
The Cowboys just had a better fern than anyone else?
Matthew 7:15

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The teams weren't prohibited from getting help, and we don't know when they had the information (i.e., the names or the street addresses of the wedding dress shops that they had to find.

On the contrary we do know. We have a photo of the additional info sheet they got at the starting line and it had the names and addresses of the shops.

But they did not know about the Canton tower beforehand. But any local seemed to know so that part was easy.

I would say that the cowboys did a smart choice it taking the Metro and then had better luck with their Fern.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wonder how the teams from the second flight caught up so soon?

The second flight landed 1 hour and 20 minutes after the first teams. But Margie & Luke still manages to reach the top of the tower before the cowboys have left. I would guess that at this time they are about 30-40 minutes behind. So they managed to gain about 40-50 minutes on the first team, which wasn't shown doing any mistakes.

Or can this be explained by just faster immigration and better luck with metros?