Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 24094 times)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Ok. Am I crazy or that clue was totally a red clue as in roadbloack? What happened?

First luck base task from the race at the canton tower, really? These are all experienced racers, why?!

Flight time and Big easy getting no air time whatsoever... I'm ok with this...

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Natalie & Nadiya find someone who knows all the stores. First two stores have no clues. Now Twinnies and Country Singers have their clue.

Teams figure out that they can get into a car that another team has already gone in so teams start going into cars they know have clues. :lol:

A bunch of teams arrive.

Mark sees the stadium but Mallory doubts him.

Caroline & Jennifer get the clue. Natalie & Nadiya get a try again, and they argue.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Twins and the country singers are lost and last. They find their next clue in the last place they look. Haha. Dave & Connor choose the same capsule as the cowboys while Mark & Mallpey did their next clue by guessing. Mark & Mallory arguing where the stadium is. :(

Carojen pick the correct capsule. Natalie & Nadiya pick the wrong one.

Roadblock: Teams must perform highwire flips from being hung on a bungee.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Pit Stop is at Guangzhou Opera House, last team to arrive will be eliminated.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jet & Cord get the first clue. Cord is doing the roadblock.

Roadblock: Perform 5 highwire flips. They have to get up 300ft or something before doing the flips in the air.

The outfits are interesting, lol. Brenchel arrive.

Cord doesn't like heights. An elevator-type thing takes him up in the air. Cord is attached to some wires and now he's just hanging in the air. Now he starts doing the flips. He finishes the flips... This roadblock is really easy?

Brendon is doing the roadblock. He and Cord high-five as they run past each other.

Jet & Cord finish the roadblock in 1st. Pit stop: Guangzhou Opera House. The last team to arrive will be eliminated.

Brendon: "Oh yeah. The world's biggest wedgie!" :funny: Rachel calls Brendon, Bookie, hehe. Brendon finishes the roadblock.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jet & Cord are team #1. They win the 2 Express Passes.

Back at the Canton Tower, Natalie & Nadiya are still arguing. Joey & Meghan, Jessica & John, Caroline & Jennifer, Flight Time & Big Easy and Mark & Mallory are all watching twinnies argue. Awkward.

Brendon & Rachel are team #2.

Margie & Luke are at the roadblock. Margie doesn't like heights, but she's doing the roadblock. Margie does the flips and once she's done, she immediately asks to be taken down. She's 4th. Afghanimals are at the roadblock at the same time. They finish in 5th.

When did Dave & Connor do the roadblock, lol. They arrive at the pit stop as team #3. Margie & Luke are team #4. Leo & Jamal are team #5.

Natalie & Nadiya and Joey & Meghan are still at Canton Tower. They're arguing about whether to go in and try or wait for one they know for sure has a clue... And they miss a car. They are a hot mess right now.

Pit stop:
1st - Jet & Cord
2nd - Brendon & Rachel
3rd - Dave & Connor
4th - Margie & Luke
5th - Leo & Jamal

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Meltdown city for the Twinnies
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Can we just appreciate the super hero pose from Connor while he was going back down  :funny:

Natalia and Nadiya, no matter how much I like this girls, they've been such a trainwreck this entire episode.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:11:25 PM by Vitoko »

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we're back. Natalie & Nadiya get into #4, and there's a clue in it. Joey & Meghan get off. Natalie & Nadiya are definitely last.

Mark & Mallory, Globetrotters, Caroline & Jennifer and John & Jessica are at the roadblock. Caroline or Jennifer: "Flight looks like a sexy piece of spinning meat."

Mallory finishes the roadblock in 6th, Big Easy in 7th.

Mark & Mallory are team #6. Flight Time & Big Easy are team #7. John & Jessica are team #8. Jessica says she's kind of glad that they don't have the EP lol. Caroline & Jennifer are team #9.

Pit stop:
1st - Jet & Cord
2nd - Brendon & Rachel
3rd - Dave & Connor
4th - Margie & Luke
5th - Leo & Jamal
6th - Mark & Mallory
7th - Big Time & Big Easy
8th - John & Jessica
9th - Caroline & Jennifer

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Joey & Meghan arrive at the roadblock. Joey takes the roadblock. Natalie & Nadiya arrive at the roadblock. They argue a little bit about who is going to do the roadblock. Joey & Meghan leave. Joey & Meghan arrive at the pit stop. They are team #10. Natalie or Nadiya or whoever does the flips with a wedgie. They talk about their disasterous day.

Natalie & Nadiya are the last team to arrive... They are eliminated. They talk about how they couldn't work well together.

Pit stop:
1st - Jet & Cord
2nd - Brendon & Rachel
3rd - Dave & Connor
4th - Margie & Luke
5th - Leo & Jamal
6th - Mark & Mallory
7th - Big Time & Big Easy
8th - John & Jessica
9th - Caroline & Jennifer
10th - Joey & Meghan
11th - Natalie & Nadiya (ELIMINATED)

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
That was a trainwreck leg for the Twinnies my goodness.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race...

The Country Singers are back to their old tricks, trying to convince Jet & Cord to give an EP to them...

Mark & Mallory face a decision... Looks like a backpack has been left behind. Mark & Mallory are in a taxi.

Offline deeorbra

• RFF Newbie
I am soooooooooooooo glad that the twins got eliminated!!!  I can't stand their constant bitching.  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Was it just me or did this episode feel really short?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Was it just me or did this episode feel really short?

Not just you. Some odd editing.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
They spent more time at the start line than usual. Having just a roadblock is the norm.

And props to the team that realized all the valid clues at Canton Tower Ferris Wheel were in the even numbered cars.

And I have to admit I and my ears are glad the Twinnies were out first. I don't think I could have taken much more of their bickering.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They spent more time at the start line than usual. Having just a roadblock is the norm.

I thought a Double Roadblock was the norm in leg 1.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Twinnies :'(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
To me the premiere was very underwhelming. I felt like the ending roadblock was rushed and I wasn't too big of a fan of the tasks, especially the semi-luck Canton tower task where luck played a factor to the race. I also thought the roadblock didn't have much to it as it seemed like everyone did it on their first try. The wedding dress task was the best part of the leg for me because I love the language barrier tasks. Everything else was okay, the tasks and the cast.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
LEG 1 (United States --> China) Episode Analysis:
To be honest, I admired the difficulty in the first part of this Leg in Guangzhou; on the other hand, the Roadblock is kind of pointless as it didn't change any team distances apart. I wish they featured more tasks since I feel like the routers cut the Leg shorter than the HD usual. Transitioning to the teams, I am still unimpressed with the casting since most of them went back to their old ways like Ronald, some worse than before.

Let's break down the additional tasks first. Claiming this is the most challenging race ever was a huge mistake on the producers' part. I felt that searching for a clue-stocked bridal shop was a pretty good start as it defied the generic TAR tasks from the past few seasons. The even number capsule "twist" had a level of difficulty that was underutilized. If they put real clues in only 3-4 of the capsules, then I would have loved the outbreaks of drama even more. Natalie & Nadiya were simply overreacting and I was relived they were the ones who received the Philimination.
ADD. TASKS SCORE: 8/10

ROADBLOCK: The task of doing somersaults in midair was pretty easy despite the heights factor (since almost every team this season has dealt with a heights task in their original or UB season).
SCORE: 5/10

OTHER SCORES:
LEG DIFFICULTY SCORE: 6/10
TEAM DRAMA SCORE: 5/10
WORLD'S BIGGEST WEDGIE SCORE: 10/10
PREMIERE OVERALL SCORE: 7/10
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:35:04 PM by RachelLeVega »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
As much as I love the Race, I really hope "#WorldsBiggestWedgie" doesn't spread. It should have been the episode title, but not a hashtag.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
As much as I love the Race, I really hope "#WorldsBiggestWedgie" doesn't spread. It should have been the episode title, but not a hashtag.

Was that on screen, I didn't notice, please don't let it spread.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Yeah, those Twitter hashtags during and at the beginning of each episode annoy me. How they cut off the bottom part of the screen is kind of obnoxious.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1

Yeah, those Twitter hashtags during and at the beginning of each episode annoy me. How they cut off the bottom part of the screen is kind of obnoxious.

This answer why I don't read them  :funny: