Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 1 SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 24090 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf:

IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

This will be more important than ever this season since Canada will be airing ahead of us any week we have Sports delays.

SO!! If you are watching anything but an EST US feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  Other feeds may be way ahead of us.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time! 

Anyone breaking the rule is at BIG risk.  :browsie:

And NO future spoilers either! And NO spoilers ever in the Contestant threads either.

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be  HERE and will normally be put up about 20 minutes before show time.

Scheduling and delays will be posted HERE.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
No posting here until 745 PM please!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
CBS Eye-lert
Revised start times (CT) for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (6:13 PM), The Amazing Race (7:13 PM), The Mentalist (8:13 PM) and The Good Wife (9:13 PM) due to CBS live coverage of CBS Sports Golf.

These were given in CST, in ET, that would be 8:13 pm.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:58:53 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
For once, I'm glad there is a delay, Viña del Mar International Song Festival starts at the same time and there's rumours for an incredible openning.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
8:13 just in from CBS!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

NoluckBoston

Excited, well not for the delay, but for another season!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Excited too.  :conf:  :conf:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Not excited, but I'm here. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
And That's why we love you!! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I'm here. Let's start this.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
It's starting! :cheer:

Phil is at UCLA with it's marching band introducing teams rather broadly.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And now we begin the supposed all-star edition. :lol:

The Amazing Race theme is being played by the UCLA marching band. The field is the starting point for this season.

Jet & Cord - Blahblahblah oh my gravy.
Caroline & Jennifer - "On the last race, we were a little boy crazy. We have no boyfriends on this race to distract us. Eyes on the prize." :funny:
Natalie & Nadiya - "We can be obnoxious." And then they talk about how they are a hot mess.
Brendon & Rachel - Montage of Rachel crying. :lol:
Jessica & John - John admits that not using the EP was dumb. :lol:
Flight Time & Big Easy - They say the only thing they've lost in a bunch of years is The Amazing Race. :res:
Dave & Connor - They want to show what they can do this time.
Joey & Meghan - They have a lot of YouTube subscribers.
Leo & Jamal - Blahblahblah Afghanimals.
Margie & Luke - Luke says he wants to make up for his mistake twice.
Bopper & Mark - Second opportunity for life-changing money.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ANNOUNCEMENT. Last night, one of the racers had to make a visit to the race doctor. The doctor informed Phil that Bopper wasn't healthy enough to race. :'( He has an inflammed pancreas. They're devastated. Mark is so upset. Phil says that if Mark wants to, they will find someone to race with him. Mark says he'll do it. Bopper & Mark are both crying.

Mark is taking part with another teammate... Someone who has Bopper's blessing... Someone else from Kentucky... MALLORY! :hearts: Bopper gives something for Mallory to wear that his daughter signed.

They're going to be travelling to China first. Winner of this leg wins 2 Express Passes. 1 for them, and 1 to be given to another team before the 5th leg.

Some of the band members have a Guangzhou symbol on their hat. Once they get it correct, they will get in a Ford and drive to the airport.

"Good luck... Travel safe... GO!"

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Terrible and kind of annoying introductions of mostly all the racers.

Phil reveals the news of Bopper & Mark going to the hospital and unable to let Bopper continue to begin the race because of a pancreas inflammation. :'( Mark gets paired with Mallory Ervin on the other hand! :luvya:

Phil states a team will win the Express Pass "twist" if they are 1st in Guangzhou, China. But first, they mist search for a band member's hat displaying the Mandarin Chinese symbols for Guangzhou.

GO!!! :hearts:

Leo & Jamal, Jet & Cord, Dave & Connor, Twinniez are on the 1st flight
Everybody else on the 2nd flight.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Teams are just picking out band members. Leo & Jamal get it correct 1st. Jet & Cord get it correct 2nd. They're both off to the airport. They're both on the first flight. Dave & Connor are on the first flight. Natalie & Nadiya are the last on the first flight.

Jessica & John get it correct, but now they're on the second flight. All the other teams get into the cars.

And now people talk about how excited they are in the cars.

And now intro.

Offline Almaraz3997

• RFF Not So Newbie
Even when i cant see the starting line (because in mexico it doesnt air)  but i hope you will do a good job with the spoilers ;) :hoot:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Sad intro, but in it, an emotional one, makes for a memorable and great one!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Even when i cant see the starting line (because in mexico it doesnt air)  but i hope you will do a good job with the spoilers ;) :hoot:

Haven't you checked the live streaming posts?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mark gets sympathy from the full original teams about Bopper not being able to race. The first and second flight arrives in Guangzhou and teams must travel by taxi or metro to the wedding district and search for a store containing their next clue.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we're back. Mallory and Mark don't really know each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Dave & Connor arrive at the parking and Natalie & Nadiya arrive shortly after.

Leo & Jamal check in and try to get into first class, lol. Mallory & Mark check in. Mallory says she didn't even know Mark's last name! Good thing they have a flight to get to know each other. Mark, Brenchel and Natalie & Nadiya talk about Bopper.

First flight leaves. Second flight leaves. When they land, they will travel by taxi or metro to the street of wedding dresses. Searching, they have to find one of 3 stores that contain a limited amount of clues.

First flight arrives. Jet & Cord are the only team taking metro. Leo & Jamal, Natalie & Nadiya and Dave & Connor are taking taxi. Jet & Cord get there first. There's tons of dress shops... Natalie & Nadiya and Leo & Jamal arrive on the street. They're asking for people who can speak English. They're given the words in English, but all the dress shops are in Chinese.

Afghanimals and twins working together. "Those are not Amazing Race flags! Those are Chinese flags!" OMG HAHAHAHA NATALIE & NADIYA. Natalie & Nadiya are not impressed by the Afghanimals.

Jet & Cord find a store and get the 1st clue. Travel by metro and find the Canton Tower. Teams will find their clue in one of the ferris wheels.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
You know what, after hearing the reasoning behind Bopper last minute replacement, I'm ok with this, I'm ok with a mix team as long if it was a last minute thing. I hope will hear more from Bopper just to know everything is ok with him right now...

Also, that was a really nice intro with the band, team's intro not so much...

Check the livestream post, that's where I'm watching it.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Interesting so the canton tower task isn't a roadblock.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Second flight lands. Brenchel, Mark & Mallory, Margie & Luke and Globetrotters are on the first train. John & Jessica, Meghan & Joey and Caroline & Jennifer are on the second train.

Dave & Connor find a clue and they're off to Canton Tower.

Natalie & Nadiya and Afghanimals walk by the store...

Luke is pulling Margie along. :lol: Margie says that if she squeezes his hand, he's going too fast. Brenchel get the clue super quickly. Margie & Luke, Mark & Mallory and Flight Time & Big Easy get it soon after.

John & Jessica, Joey & Meghan and Caroline & Jennifer find someone to help lead them.

Afghanimals & Twinnies are so lost, lol.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Gosh, the twins are annoying me... Jet & Cord finds their clue first. They must travel by metro to the Canton Tower Ferris wheel where they will find their next clue inside a capsule. 2nd flight touches down in Guangzhou and all take the metro. Team Cancer Survivors get their next clue. Twins and cousins miss a listed wedding shop. 2nd flight arrives in the wedding district. Mark & Nallory, Globetrotters, Brenchel, and Jess & John find the wedding shop. Leo & Jaml and twins are lost.

Jet & Cord find their next clue in a capsule and it divulges a FAKE CLUE! :lol:

The twins and cousins fell so behind that the second flight caught up. It's like Dustin & Kandice trying to find the Golden Dragon Restaurant again.

Jet & Cord must go to Haixinsha Staidum to find their next clue. Margie & Luke, Jess & John and Markory and Brenchel try to find their clue, but Brenchel get the real one. Leo & Jamal and Margie & Luke find the real clue.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jet & Cord arrive at Canton Tower. They pick ferris wheel car #15, but it says try again. It's a really slow ride...

YouTube, Country, J&J find Twinnies and Afghanimals. They're all going into the same store... They're all looking through dresses. They have no clue what they're doing. :funny: Twinnies go with the large group and Afghanimals go alone. Leo & Jamal get their clue.

Jet & Cord get their next clue. Proceed to Haixinsha Stadium. They see Margie & Luke arriving. Brenchel arrive. Jet & Cord are watching Margie & Luke and Brenchel looking for their clue... But they don't realize it's just on the door lol. Margie & Luke's says try again. Brenchel get their clue. Dave & Connor got try again. Mallory & Mark get try again.

Jet & Cord are off to the stadium.

Group of 4 lost teams are still lost looking for the wedding shop clue.

Afghanimals arrived and they already find their clue. Margie & Luke get into another car and they get their clue. Brenchel are off to the stadium.

Natalie or Nadiya: "I am going to take one of these dresses and strangle myself."

Jessica & John and Joey & Meghan get their clues. Caroline & Jennifer and Natalie & Nadiya still can't find their clues...

Commercial.