Author Topic: TAR 24 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays  (Read 12134 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 24 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays
« on: February 23, 2014, 04:55:12 AM »
TAR 24 Premiere Sunday Feb 23 8-9 PM!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 24 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 04:55:25 AM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 06:00:51 PM »
It's not officially TAR season until the show gets delayed
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 06:01:04 PM »
TAR WILL be delayed tonight in the USA because CBS still is airing golf coverage right now when 60 minutes is suppose to start.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 06:14:34 PM »
It's an 8:14 start time for the East Coast

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 06:16:29 PM »
I would suspect an 8:15 start time......got to have some time for commercials after 60 Minutes...lol
Matthew 7:15

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »
CBS Eye-lert
Revised start times (CT) for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (6:13 PM), The Amazing Race (7:13 PM), The Mentalist (8:13 PM) and The Good Wife (9:13 PM) due to CBS live coverage of CBS Sports Golf.

These were given in CST, in ET, that would be 8:13 pm.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:00:02 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 06:10:23 PM »
Any delays today?

Not that I know of. But I won't be surprised if the show is delayed.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 06:22:27 PM »
CBS is on schedule tonight.

Just a reminder for our international members that next week, the US and Canada return to Daylight Savings Time until November. It's hard to believe since so much of the US has been in an extremely cold and snow/wet winter, and there are signs it may not end until at least the end of March. (For the US east coast CBS feed, that means it would be at -4 GMT rather than -5 GMT.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 12:21:18 PM »
CBS has just announced that the TAR 24 All Star finale will air on May 18th at 8pm EDT/PDT. The season finales of The Good Wife and The Mentalist also air on that night.

The Survivor finale, for the first time since forever, does not air on the following Sunday the 25th (which would be the Sunday of the Memorial Day weekend, but on Wednesday, May 21st with the usual three hour block including the reunion show.

Source:
tvline.com/2014/03/20/cbs-season-finale-dates-2014-ncis-big-bang-theory-good-wife/
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 12:36:41 PM »
I think if Survivor stayed on Sunday, it would have aired on the 18th (and TAR would've landed on 5/11 conflicting with Mother's Day events).  While I hate waiting longer than typical (in the event something happens, which, whatever), for those that do TARcon or something during the finale (in place of that if it's even happening) they'll be with family and still get to stick to their finale plans.

Sucks that it'll only be a one-hour finale though (that really sucked for the AR11 finale)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »
The fact that Survivor started the Wednesday after TAR this spring was due to the Sochi Games. And the end game in the May sweeps and the fact that Memorial Day weekend leaves only three weekends in May for sweeps had everything to do with the untraditional scheduling for Survivor's finale.

In other news, a heads up about this coming Sunday on CBS:
Per the CBS Eye-lert:
CBS Sports live coverage of NCAA Basketball on Sunday could possibly delay start times for 60 Minutes, The Amazing Race, The Good Wife, and The Mentalist.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 11:45:27 PM »
CBS is disclosing their tip-times for Sunday. It's a 5:15 start for UNC vs. Iowa State. Basically a 2-hr run in real time equates to a blowout/quick game.  So expect the Sunday line-up to start very, very late (later than usual). With delays three times in the next four weeks, I'm a little baffled as to why CBS won't emulate their autumn double-header schedule to have 60 Minutes set to start at 7:30 at the earliest.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 12:04:59 AM »
Mister RX, if the Round of 64 these past two days are any indication, those times may be generous.
There have been a record six overtime games in these two days (and there were only two such games throughout the entire 2012 and 2013 tournaments). And you can count on one hand, literally, how many games were not close (four of the first 31 as I type this and the last game in San Diego is about 6 minutes left but isn't a blow out, either.)

So people need to monitor the situation, and I promise to post as we get close to the normal TAR air time on the east coast feed. The local station for me is the "local" home station for one of the teams in the Iowa State-North Carolina game which is the last one on CBS that afternoon, so I will not be able to avoid knowing about any runovers in the tournament.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 01:26:10 PM »
Please BB gods, I need a delay tonight!! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 01:49:41 PM »
A delay of at least 15 minutes should be expected tonight, but most likely longer. I am certain that TAR will not be on time.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 02:45:27 PM »
A delay of at least 15 minutes should be expected tonight, but most likely longer. I am certain that TAR will not be on time.

That depends. The third and final game of the afternoon for CBS is being played in San Antonio, while the first two games were in St. Louis; so UNC and Iowa State will be warming up on time as the first game today in San Antonio. The other five games are on the three cable channels that are involved (TBS, TNT, TruTV) and won't affect CBS programming, but might affect the number of eyeballs.
-- theschnauzers

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »
CBS has pushed the tip of UNC/Iowa State back 5 minutes to 5:20 (like they did for the third game, Michigan/Texas, yesterday). I'd expect it to be pushed back a little further if the current game runs long.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 04:20:07 PM »
Guess we'll know shortly. Last year we got a start time of 8:45, but with OT and whatever, well, the chances of 60 Minutes starting at 7:00 are better than someone winning a billion for going 63-0 in their picks.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »
Speaking of that billion dollar prize, all of those brackets got eliminated by the end of the round of 64.

At the moment it's about 7:20pm ET, and with 3 minutes left, the Iowa State-North Carolina game is now tied, so anything, including overtime is possible. It looks as if TAR will be delayed by at least 30 minutes, and could be up to an hour.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 06:42:51 PM »
60 minutes has started at 7.42pm.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »
I have 60 Minutes starting at 6:41 pm CDT. If I get an Eye-lert in timely fashion, I will post.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 07:00:45 PM »
Revised start times (CT) for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (6:41 PM), The Amazing Race (7:41 PM), The Good Wife (8:41 PM) and The Mentalist (9:41 PM) due to CBS live coverage of NCAA Basketball.
The CBS Eye-lert I received giving start times in CDT (GMT-5 hours).
-- theschnauzers

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »
Thanks TS!  :luvya:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 12:57:34 PM »
Just a reminder:

We are good for THIS Sunday, but TAR will NOT be shown Sunday April 6, thanks to the Country Music Awards....
RFF's Golden Rule: